“Comfort Inns Does Not Honor Their Promises...DO NOT STAY HERE”

Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
chicago
“Comfort Inns Does Not Honor Their Promises...DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

When my family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn, they were having a special promotion to encourage people to sign up for their ChoiceRewards program. The promotion promised customers a $50 gas card if they stayed at a Comfort Inn on 2 separte occasions during a specified period beginning on a date in March and ending on a dat e in May. We stayed in late March and again in early April. Nonetheless Comfort Inns will not issue the gas card. They said I would get air miles instead, which I never wanted and which are worth about 5 cents. I even spoke to a supervisor, and he was not even a little helpful. I will NEVER stay at a Comfort Inn again.

Oh, and by the way the outdoor pool is right next to a drainage ditch and it smells HORRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lynn7539
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
I so sorry if there was a misunderstanding in regards to the Choice Privileges promotion. Please feel free to contact me and maybe I can be of assistance with the issue you mentioned.
Thanks for staying with us and would love to have you back as a guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2011

It was a delightful experience to stay at comfort suites hotel.Employees was very nice & helpful to us in our time of need.I would tell my associates about our stay at comfort suites . p.s. also enjoy the lovely breakfast .... thank you very much again for our stay

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed April 24, 2011

What can I say? Everything was just fine. Clean new hotel, good location, good service.

indianapolis
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Enjoyed our stay, walked to the concert, and enjoyed the pre concert party with free drinks, wings, hot dogs, wraps and fries!! Excellent way to go to a Buffett concert:)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesTampa, Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at Comfort Suites Tampa Fairgrounds. We appreciate your positive review and feedback, and look forward to accommodating you on your next exciting visit to the Tampa Bay area.
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was my first trip to Florida... by Christopher J Huber April 2011

I decided to treat myself to a "B-DAY" vacation and figured that Florida would be a great destination. I picked Tampa due to the attractions and events that were available, and was pleasantly surpised to find that the area has more to offer than 1 week allows!!!

I was not able to plan everything before departing, but after arriving I found help from the staff at the Comfort Suites next to the Tampa Fairgrounds. They were able to assist me with local knowledge of the area and provided me with suggestions for activities that suited my interests.

They have a great facility (BASICALLY NEW) that is decorated with care, comfortable, clean and located in the center of EVERYTHING that you could possibly think of. During this trip there were a few concerts in the area that made it challenging to find a place to stay. They were able to provide me a room on short notice, helped me get around, and they even have a shuttle to the Hard Rock Casino right down the road!

Overall I am very pleased with my experience at this hotel, and would suggest it to anyone who is interested in staying in the Tampa area. Thanks again for everything!!! ~Chris from Ohio~

Room Tip: All of the rooms here are great!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Me and my family stayed there 2 nights and I don't have one complaint. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was great!!

• Stayed April 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This is a relatively new hotel with lots of conveniences. The shuttle service is very good as it saves on gas and parking fees. The drivers were helpful and on time. The breakfast was quite nice with "make your own waffle machines". Nice variety, great for families. Rooms are large and quiet. I would stay again. Easy drive to casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.