“Flavorful Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As a visitor to Tampa I wanted to taste the native cuisine, which to me has a certain amount of spice. The Green Iguana was able to give me just that. I had the Adobo Mixed Grill. Most restaurants that I've been to in the past dry out the shrimp and the chicken breast. Not the Green Iguana. The vegetable medley was also very tasty not mushy (other places tend to screw these up). The chicken and grilled shrimp was complimented with a sauce that had the spices that I was in search for on my Tampa meals. The waiter although doubling as the bartender to a busy College football crowd (kudos to him!) and was able to make the 'spot on' recommendations. The interior reminded me of a seaside bar and grill very inviting after a hard day.

Mike F, General Manager at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy to hear you were impressed with your visit! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Cheers.

There are newer reviews for Green Iguana Bar & Grill

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were stuck at the airport because of a flight cancellation so resigned outselves to eating airport fare. That said, we were surprised at how good the food was at the Green Iguana. We had the Mambo King burger and the Naked Tacos with Mojo Pork. The burger is made from ground beef that they receive daily. It was a generous sized patty with bacon, cheddar, provolone and sauce on a brioche bun. The so called "Naked Tacos" consisted of heaps of shredded pork, rice and beans, shredded salad on a plate. It was accompanied by 3 taco shells, fresh cotija cheese, pico de gallo, and two delicious sauces. Everything was really delicious! If you're at the airport--give this place a try.

1  Thank jonsha
Mike F, Manager at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your food while at the airport! Hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family - 2 kids under 15 and husband ate here last week while waiting for flight home. Definitely the tastiest choice in the airport in our opinion. They loved the burgers and I polished off the chicken wings in their sweet/spicy Caribbean sauce. Plus a delicious Apricot Ale!!! Our server was a friendly gal with a relaxed demeanor that put harried travelers at ease. People were hanging out after their meals were done to avoid the gates -- the huge windows have nice views of the aircraft coming and going.
We felt the prices were to be expected for an airport and we had plenty to eat and it was tastier than just another sandwich.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Friendly servers. Good food. I had Mahi Mahi with veggies and a mango sauce. I was hungry, and I ate it.

Mike F, General Manager at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for the review! Happy to hear you enjoyed your fish!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Green Iguana has pleasant servers, amazing burgers and fresh salads and Mondays are 5.99 burgers. You can sit indoors or out. If you go in the evening though be prepared for loud music....the artist is good but too loud for this size restaurant. Lunchtime is quieter for sure!