“Great food”

Ranked #1,155 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai Sweet Basil belies its strip-mall location by offering guests a marvelously sophisticated dining experience in terms of venue, food and service. The décor is upscale and contemporary, while the food is meticulously prepared and artistically presented. Add to that professional service that is as it should be - hospitable yet unobtrusive - and you've got the recipe for a lunch or dinner fit for the King of Siam. Favorite appetizers include the Crab Rangoon and marvelous TBS rendition of Summer Rolls. Meanwhile, among the most popular main courses are the Duck Curry, Pad Thai and Pad See Ew. And for dessert, the Fried Bananas with coconut ice cream win hands down.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had the spring rolls and yellow curry. Spring rolls were some of the best we've had. Yellow curry was also excellent. Great service, and prices were very reasonable. Our son had shrimp fried rice and it was unbelievable. Best fried rice we'ver ever had.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Won't go back after finding "rice bugs" told the owner and he just scrugged ; it's expected apparently but you would think they would remove them before presenting to the diner.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We had a reservation for 9p and it seemed as though we were a nuisance to the staff. The minute we arrived, we were met with a rude waitress. After we ordered our entrees, no one asked us how everything was. My pad thai was better than average, but very oily. It seems as though the food was rushed. The staff continued to just stare at us wondering if we were going to leave soon. I don't think they treated other customers like this. Which makes me wonder if they think Indian customers are poor tippers. They obviously are unaware that my father and I tip very well. When we asked for to go boxes they were just placed on the table and the bill was thrown underneath. It was as if we were doing them a favor by eating there. I feel in today's economy, we should be treated with respect and restaurants should be thankful they have patrons. Though the food is good, my family and I will not ever go back because we were treated very poorly by the entire staff.

2  Thank runa w
Reviewed March 4, 2012

we arrived one night, expecting to go to an Italian restaurant next door---since it had closed its door 3 days before, we happened into Thai sweet Basil..what a surprise..small, comfortable room,good size booth for us and a packed house!! we had two delicious meals---fresh, sauteed to perfection vegetables with shrimp and a chicken dish with vegetables with a light spicy sauce--not too hot,just right... plenty for both of us and the price was outstanding...

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Thai Sweet Basil is everything a restaurant should be: a wonderful variety of menu
items spiced to your preference, friendly and efficient wait staff and prices to fit your
budget. The atmosphere is simple and elegant. I have been there often and it is
always the same.

Been to Thai Sweet Basil? Share your experiences!