“Sunday brunch ”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Barcelona
Description: We are omnivores — carnivorous, chocolate-loving, bacon-hoarding, wineauxs, beer geeks, curd nerds and yes, even vegetarians. Together we are shamelessly unapologetic flavor crusaders and Datz is our playground. An american gastropub + market dishing up regional comfort food favorites generously paired with craft beer, boutique wine and artisanal cheese. Served with ample sides of culinary education and entertainment in a spirited, ever-evolving environment. After all, we believe ordinary belongs in the dictionary, not in a restaurant. Especially ours.
“Sunday brunch ”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Food is always different, unique and delicious, but service was very slow and unattentive. Quite a disappointment. Empty water glasses for most of the meal is unacceptable!!

Tampa, Florida
“Datz Incredible!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Having heard from many about he virtues of Datz, I was afraid it could not live up to the hype. Happily, it did and I will be back many more times.

An eclectic menu, the food creates a new twist in the comfort food category. And the bakery is best I've experienced in Tampa with a selection of artisanal fare.

Would luv to see a second occurrence closer to home in New Tampa, but worth the trip none the less. Datz all folks! Enjoy.

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Baconado!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A guy who took me there had a fancy bacon appetizer from 5 types of bacon, saucers, etc. It looked like each slice was tucked into bed. I had fish tacos (grilled mahi-mahi), which were quite goods with black beans and a cilantro rice. He and I both had a draft beer, which seems to be fresh, and a good selection.

• Visited October 2013
tampa
“Unique, fun menu and atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went here with a big group, first time. Love the fun menu choices. Lots of variety, there's something for everyone. I ordered the Bahn Mi Tacos without the tortilla and a side Caesar Salad. I really enjoyed both. The Bahn Mi had the perfect amount of spice, very flavorful! The person next me got the Pork Rinds and I tried them! I missed seeing them on the menu but they were so good! We had about 30 in the group and everyone loved their food. The service was friendly and fast, which is rare when being part of a large group. We were upstairs. Would definitely recommend and return!

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, FL
“Indulge!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Heard great things about their weekend brunch but it was a Monday and we were actually on our way to another restaurant when we passed by and decided to stop. So glad we did as we had an amazing lunch. I went inside to get on the wait list while my boyfriend tried to find parking. Had about a 10 min wait at around 12:30. Actually was seated and received water before he was able to get a parking spot.

This is a bacon lovers paradise. I ordered the "lets talk turkey" sandwich and added bacon of course. It's not your average lunch meat turkey but real, thick sliced, smoked turkey. The sandwich was grilled on homemade bread with melted white cheddar and fig jam. The jam added just enough sweetness to perfectly balance the smokey and salty flavors. My boyfriend got the "cue the brisket" which was a beef brisket and cole slaw sandwich on a homemade sourdough bun which he enjoyed as well. The sandwiches came with homemade chips with a blue cheese drizzle that was pretty tasty too. Did I mention portion size? Huge! We both took home half a sandwich and some chips. The beer and spirit lists were quite extensive. It's too bad we live in Orlando as there were plenty of other things on the menu that we want to try. Good to see a place that is not the norm.

They have a dessert case in the restaurant but venture next door to their bakery instead. We purchase a carrot cake cupcake for $4 but then went over to the bakery and they had a whole mini carrot cake for $7. BF was not happy!

Would definitely recommend and will go back next time we are in Tampa.

Visited October 2013

Been to Datz Tampa? Share your experiences!