“Good breakfast spot”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Barcelona
Description: We are omnivores — carnivorous, chocolate-loving, bacon-hoarding, wineauxs, beer geeks, curd nerds and yes, even vegetarians. Together we are shamelessly unapologetic flavor crusaders and Datz is our playground. An american gastropub + market dishing up regional comfort food favorites generously paired with craft beer, boutique wine and artisanal cheese. Served with ample sides of culinary education and entertainment in a spirited, ever-evolving environment. After all, we believe ordinary belongs in the dictionary, not in a restaurant. Especially ours.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had breakfast and a little brunch here last weekend and to my surprise, it was delicious. We didn't have to wait for our large party (reservations). It wasn't too busy before 10am, however it was a steady flow of people. The food portions including the sandwiches are huge! In a great delicious way! I enjoyed my meal plus bits of my friends meals'. Decent service and an interesting decor! I'll definitely be back! Foods to try : monkey bread, pancakes (any of them), the Sammie's , or the chicken & waffles...and yes real chicken & waffles! Option for fresh fruit was nice, instead of the breakfast potatoes option. Mimosas and bloody Mary's also helped to make our experience enjoyable !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Datz has a fun atmosphere, great food and good service. The menu has some not so typical items and everything I have had is great there!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We usually don't put much into concierge recommendations and instead rely on tripadvisor and chowhound, but this was one rec I'm happy we took. We took our 3 and 5 year old girls to Datz with hungry bellies and fairly low expectations (the outside is quite unassuming) but wound up loving the atmosphere and the food. The inside is very cool; brick walls, bakery in center, cool vibe, yet family friendly. The menu was great... so many things that looked good. We wound up ordering the healthier seared scallops over a veg salad which was delicious and the unhealthy yet jazz hands delicious macaroni and cheese stuffed meatloaf with a side of sriracha aioli. The girls were very happy with their spaghetti and dessert was awesome. The service was very good and we left looking forward to our next trip to Tampa. Great choice for families if you go a little earlier. It is a bit loud, but that works in our favor with the kids!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place. Such a great atmosphere and great food! I went with one of my best friends and we felt so comfortable. I am a vegetarian and there were great options for me. I had the pumpkin pancakes (seasonal) and my friend had the Johnny cakes, both I would highly recommend. Next time I am in Tampa I will definitely be visiting again. Our server was not the best (China) but the server for the table next to us was very helpful and knowledgeable (A.J)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Attempted to visit Datz multiple times but the wait time was unreal. I recommend going at off hours to have a decrease wait time (we went around 3PM). The sandwiches were pretty big and if you decide to have dessert could probably split with significant other. Sandwiches are pricey but in my opinion well worth it. Not a fan of their chips. Not a huge menu either. Would definitely go back!