“Very Yummy and Great Value!”

TacoSon Authentic Mexican Grill
Ranked #189 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I visited TacoSon on very positive recommendations. When I was asked to order I was unsure what tacos I wanted. I love pork tacos and they have two pork options. One is shredded pork and the other is grilled, like carnitas. The cashier gladly got me samples of each for me to try even though it was busy lunch rush. I couldn't decide so I got one of each and also a small chips and salsa. Everything came out to be less than $7!! The tacos were amazing. Corn tortilla, cabbage, and a little pico. The chips and salsa were also delicious! I honestly can't wait to go back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Ever since my son introduced us to TacoSon, we pick up or eat in at least once a week. Extremely fresh authentic Mexican cuisine. I believe it tastes better than all other establishments in the Tampa bay area. If you like hot sauce, they have 2. Dark green is the best!

2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we have had many tacos but this is the best taco place i have ever ate at.
fresh ingredients, huge portions, atmosphere is nice, made to order.

tip: ask for "extra everything" and it just takes the taco to a whole new level.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

On a visit to Tampa we used the trusty TripAdvisor travel app to hunt down some Mexican food. The reviews were spot on.

The restaurant itself is nothing fancy. Looks to be an old drive though burger joint of some type, and the original booth seats remaining.

You order at a window inside, and the menu is good size with many options. We settled on a burrito, a couple of tacos, a tamale, a tostada, and an empanda with 3 drinks and our bill was under $25

The food was very good. I come from Arizona, and it's not quite as good as home, but it was quite good for Florida. Tamale, big and moist. Burritos a good two hand holder.

My husband raved about the loaded tacos(shredded cabbage, radish, cilantro, and onion, and a little wedge of lime to squeeze over all of that mouthwatering goodness)

Skip the flan...not worth the calories here!

The only thing missing is the free chips and salsa (although you can order some with guacamole) Speaking of salsa's it was quite good. A very hot fiery green sauce full of flavor, and a milder red on the table in big squirt bottles. Nice...hate those little packets or small containers. I like to drench my food in salsa :)

The parking lot was full, and drive through was busy as we pulled up. There was also a police car was ordering as we left. That's a pretty good sign that the food is good...so don't skip by this little Mexican gem...eat up and enjoy!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We go to this tacoson whenever we get a change. All the meats are so tasty and when added to a soft taco with cilantro, cheese, onion, lettuce and tomatoes it folds together so nicely.
They have an awesome white cheese queso that we have not been able to find anywhere else in florida.
We never leave hungry,