“No Thanks”

TacoSon Authentic Mexican Grill
Ranked #180 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2012

If you like dry and salty you will love Tacoson . Taco was tolerable with the burrito being less than desirable. I did like how they used cabbage rather than the traditional lettuce. Lettuce wasn't an option though. I was so hoping it would be good as i live close : >( : >(

Reviewed March 3, 2012

If you walk in and the line to the counter is out the door, fear not. They know how to dole out the lunch and the line moves faster than you think. Their queso dip is so good and you'll never be disappointed with the daily special. Burritos are great. It's all good!

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Obviously the two prior reviews were for the middle eastern restaurant that is no longer there.

My husband and I went to TacoSun for lunch around 1:00pm. A lot of cars in the parking lot boded well for what we would get inside. There was a short line that grew after we stood there. "Pollo Chipotle (Chicken Chipotle)" was the special for the day and I will order that next time, because the chicken chimichanga my husband ordered was delicious!

I had the chicken flautas, which came three to a plate, with the optional rice and refried beans. Much lighter than what I've had in other American Mexican restaurants, but filling nonetheless and very good!

My husband also ordered the rice and beans with the chicken chimichanga. Huge chunks of chicken that just melted in your mouth.

We've eaten in Mexico several times and the TacoSun kitchen gave us the same fresh, light, but filling, delicious food that we remember. I look forward to going back and trying something different, because I'm sure that it will be just as good as what we had that day. And they have a drive-through, which will come in handy when we want a quick lunch of tacos!

Reviewed July 10, 2009

While driving on N 56th, an area we typically don't get to much, we say the sign and decided to take a chance. What a surprise! the food was delicious. I had the Falafel plate and she had the Kibbi and they were both excellent! We also shares Hummus and Tabouleh which were both fresh and delicious as well. It took a little time to get our food, since it looked and tasted all freshly made, but it was worth the wait. Wh we were finished, the owner brought over 2 pieces oh Baklava "right out of the over" he said. Well my wife's Dad owned a great Greek restaurant and we thought no one could match his Baklava, but whei I tasted it I told her, "I think you father has met his match". She tried it and immediately looked at me with her fake grumpy face as if to say, "How could it be so good". It was my birthday so we bought 8 more pieces to go and that was my birthday cake. Delicious! Definitely worth the drive!

Reviewed May 5, 2009

I recently visited a Middle-Eastern restaurant by the name of Kabab Korner. Kabab Korner is a family-owned Middle-Eastern restaurant with delicious, home-made, food at very reasonable prices. I came in for lunch and ordered the Kafta Kabab platter, and was very pleased with the both the amount of food I received, the friendly service, and the decent price that I paid for lunch (which was under 10 bucks!) My food only took about 10 minutes to come out, and I was told by the restaurant employee that it only took that long because everything that is made at Kabab Korner is fresh, and nothing is made ahead of time. I could taste the quality of the freshness of the food after the first bite of my meal, and was extremely pleased with the portion sizes of the various items on my plate. With the Kafta Kabab platter I received warm, white rice, homemade hummus, and warm pita bread, aside my warm Kafta meat. If you're looking for some good homemade Middle-Eastern food that is worth your buck, then you have got to try this place out!!! It's so delicious! I couldn't find any info on this place anywhere online, must be because they're new, so I got the info off of their to-go menu and am putting it on this review in case anyone else is interested in going. Their address is 7521 N. 56th Street, Tampa, Fla, 33617. Thanks!

1  Thank acompactturtle

Been to TacoSon Authentic Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!