“comfortable stay for solo female traveler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
Ranked #58 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Raleigh, NC
“comfortable stay for solo female traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was allowed to check in early, which was appreciated since I was a female solo traveler. My room was at the end of the hall and was peaceful. Parking was adequate in front of the hotel and well lit. Pool was decent with a waterfall but there was some debris due to the winds and it was a bit chilly outside so I skipped taking a dip. I did sit briefly in the hot tub which was great. I did not notice the pool towels in a bin until I left the pool area. I used the fitness center in the morning and was pleased to find the equipment in working condition. There were workout towels, although no scale or water cooler. There is a working tv in the fitness center. Breakfast was average with a variety including eggs, bagels and fruit. Business center was convenient. Beds comfortable with adequate pillows and the room/bathroom was clean. There is a Target and many restaurants down the road. This hotel is easy to drive to from the Tampa airport.

Room Tip: 3rd floor at the end of the hall, away from the elevators was very peaceful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NC5Travelers
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and tryed out serveral of our amenities . We look forward to your next stay.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 8 month old daughter in March of 2013. We flew in late, were very tired and dealing with a baby who was traveling for the first time, and the Country Inn was exactly what we needed. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and very clean. It was significantly cheaper than the hotels only slightly closer to the airport. In other words, it's worth driving an extra 5 minutes to save some money. I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianMM
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again. We love seeing are guest returning to the hotel. hope to see you again soon.
Columbia, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I confess that I am super picky when it comes to cleanliness. This hotel WAS very clean. Shewwww. The room was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. The breakfast in the morning was very good and fresh. :-) I got a very good rate on Priceline. Our reservation was filled as requested. No problems or issues.
NOTE: The only thing that I feel is important to pass along is that one of the reasons that we chose this hotel is because they offer a free shuttle between the hotel and airport. I assumed that it would be "the hotel's shuttle". However, it is a community shuttle company called Super Shuttle that services the WHOLE Tampa Bay area. Although we did arrive at the hotel and it was a complimentary ride...this is something that other travelers should be made aware of since it can affect how early they have to leave to catch a departing flight since they also pick up others around the community. As much as we enjoyed the actual hotel, ultimately, this was the determining factor for not using this hotel the night before our departing flight. But, I would not hesitate to stay here again for any other event. :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I first would like to thank you for your kind review. I would like to address your experience with the shuttle service, they are a contracted vender providing to our guest transportation to and from the Tampa International Airport. I am very happy for your input. I contacted them on this issue; they are not to make multiple stops, & thanks to your input we can address this issue and make certain that our guest are receiving the best service we can provide.
Thank you.
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Before I begin left me confess a bias.

I saw good ratings and incorrectly assumed this facility was well managed.

I detest when hotel managers write a "geez why didn't you ask us," or a polite "please contact me to resolve," in response to poor TripAdvisor feedback on their facilities. Travelers expect that facilities provide well trained staff and adequate procedures to handle most every situation. Sadly, these folks did not have either. Avoid them.

If everything is going well in their world, you are likely to have a great stay. If not, good luck. In my experience, one process failure led to another.

My experience:
Checked in around 8 pm, parking lot half empty.
Waited briefly for someone to arrive at front desk, received friendly response.
I was informed that the elevator was under repair.
I said no problem, where's the room?
Fourth Floor. I politely asked for an alternative.
No other alternatives...everything sold out...all other rooms "assigned"...snarky response
30 mins later, elevator fixed -- I inquired, no one bothered to announce in lobby.
My room immediately adjoined elevator, noisy, probably one of the worst rooms in the house.
I called front desk to inquire...all rooms "assigned," nothing to be done.

In fairness, room itself was fine. Well appointed and comfortable, except for elevator noise every time elevator activated.

Check out - how was your stay? I gave front desk a brief polite rundown of the previous evening's events. Senior manager called? No. Comp the room? No. Contact me subsequently? No.

PS - the "free hot breakfast" was inedible, as well.

I will not be staying here when I return to Tampa next month...or ever.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Seriously.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Dave R
Sasha0072013, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise we make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We reserved this room online and received a confirmation for two queen beds. When we arrived, the young man at the front desk said the only room available had a king bed. I explained we reserved two queens because we had our son with us. He said that was not what was reserved. He acted like he didn't believe my claim, so I pulled the confirmation up and showed it to him. He reluctantly said there must have been some mistake. NO problem, mistakes happen. He said the hotel was booked and there were no other rooms available, until a manager showed up and magically was able to find a room with two queens for us. The hotel is new looking and the lobby was clean and pleasing. The room seemed pleasant and clean, although pretty small. The problem was there was no hot water. We took cold showers at night and made a call to the front desk to report the problem. The next morning, there was still no hot water and of course we took cold showers again. I went down for coffee (delicious) and told the front desk about the problem. According to the morning front desk person, the person working the night before made no note of our complaint so maintenance was not aware. The food was pretty bad, stale bagels and plain white bread for toast. After we returned home, the hotel sent us a survey and generally I don't bother, but this time I took the time to fill it out. I outlined the same problems in the survey. I received an amusing email from the sales director that was the worst apology note ever! I cut and pasted it below. (Hint: look for the word incontinence).

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the water issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
In reviewing your breakfast issue, I found out that due to our high occupancy that weekend, we had placed a large order that had been delivered the day before. I have been able to contact my vendor and address the bagel issue. Surveys are very important to us, they help us target our problem areas & correct them. Again, I apologize for your incontinence & hope you will give us the opportunity to show you how important our guest & there comments are to us.

Soraya Fernandez
Sales Director
Country Inns & Suites
813-881-1800

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry you feel the hotels apology was not sincere. I assure you we take every guest issue very seriously. We also apologize for the misspelled word it honest mistake.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try Country Inn & Suites because of the special October offer listed on Trip Advisor. We are so glad we did, the place is great. Pictures of room tell the story. They are nicely furnished and very roomy. I would recommend Country Inn & Suites to everyone I know.
Great room great price

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your coment, We hope to see you again soon.
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here one night. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They made me feel very welcome into their hotel. The hotel was clean, the rooms clean and spacious. The workout room had very nice equipment in which you could get a full workout if you wanted. They have an outdoor pool and hot tub which possibly heated or just the hot Florida sun? The one major complaint is the hot tub bubbles were not working. This is a major thing for me as I love sitting in the hot tub. The staff got on it right away but it was going to take longer to have a person fix then my one night allowed.

The breakfast was okay with standard make your own waffles, choice of cereals, bagels, toast, eggs, limited Danish. It seems to me like the other county inns I have stayed at had a little bit more in the selection? Still it filled me up and did what its supposed to do. The staff very friendly running around making sure everything was full and things clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank vacati0naddicted
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
The Country Inn & Suites love’s to hear about experience & feedback. Thank you for your time and the kind words about our staff. The hot is ready for your next stay. Hope to see you soon
Soraya Fernandez