“Had to See For Myself”

Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Ranked #38 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida and the place where celebrities love to stay and play. This electrifying casino is one of the most successful and largest casinos in the world, and features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. The casino offers a valet service or free, self-parking. We welcome reviews about the casino experience, but we do have a hotel and amenity specific page so be sure to leave your review on the right page so we can best respond to your comments.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After reading the recent reviews, I had to see for myself if they were true. I arrived on a Saturday morning around 9:30. You could have thrown a bowling ball down the main aisles anywhere in the casino as it was empty! I had an opportunity to play all the machines I normally could not get near. After a quick bonus round, it was all downhill after that no matter what I played. It was the most depressing visit I have ever had!!! I was also shocked to see my meager comp dollars being added to my card. Needless to say I did not stay long and did not receive anything in the mail 3 days later. (I assume I did not lose enough money to qualify!) The new program is obviously driving customers away in droves, myself included. Consequently, the restaurants did not get our lunch business either. If the floor space is not attracting patrons, I feel sorry for the waitresses who are not experiencing the previously usual clientele even if the meals were partially or completely comped. These changes in policy certainly appear to NOT be working!!!!

11  Thank srq56
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. A qualifying visit is about $4 comp dollars. Not only do these qualifying visits give you a bounceback three days later, you can earn rewards 2 1/2 times faster than before. Sorry you don't like the new program, but we are excited to be able to provide a much more convenient and cleaner casino to our guests, and we are proud as service levels continue to improve. We're sorry you don't agree, and thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have gone here for years, and always enjoyed in the past. New program not for me--the former incentives are what brought me in (free meals monthly, free play, etc). The Digging for Gold is ridiculous--take your postcard, stand in line, and wind up w/$8.00 free play--humiliating, not rewarding. The new Rewards program has a great advantage--it made me realize it's better to hang on to my $$$ and stay home! Please don't give me the canned response that you are sorry I didn't get lucky--that, too, is a worn out phrase, just like your new program. When you change, I may return. Until then, I will wait and see.

14  Thank C M

Sorry you don't like the new player's club program, we're excited about the changes and many of our guests agree the changes are great. We are very sorry to hear you're not one of them. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I must start off by saying I have won a couple of jackpots over the years. My "fun money" is not what it once was, but I still like to go as my entertainment choice. I play the small denomination machines, and move up if things go well. Some notes from my visits in the past 90 days; to get a chance at a decent return to play for a little period of time, you have to drop around 100 dollars. Then hope you hit a bonus. 60 in, I hit a bonus of 50 free spins that totalled 845 points! That's ridiculous! I certainly understand there cannot be a jackpot on every free play, but keeping a eye on what goes on around me, the bonuses have dropped dramatic. I have also noticed the casino is not as busy as in the past. I have been going to this location since it was a smoke shop with the pull tab machines (while funky, that facility PAID!). Trying to get service on a machine requires GOING to find someone to help. Even during "off hours" 2am. When friends visit, we make a trip to the casino on my recommendation. I have quit doing that. The payback ratio certainly seems to have tightened up. And contrary to the responses posted by management on this sight, not one person I have spoke with like the new comp program. I used to get food coupons, and take a paying customer(s) with me. Gamers will always complain on a losing streak, but my long time experience here says something is going on. Plus, they have no competition from here to Biloxi! I can do a weekend up there with 300 dollars play, play usually for the weekend, get at least one night comp'd( and usually the second after playing) and have a vacation to boot! The real issue is the Seminoles have NO COMPITION! They are the only game in town, and the state. Remember that next time the vote comes up. Monopolies can do what they please. Will post updates on my future visits, and a planned trip to Biloxi.

7  Thank KevinJ1

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate your patronage over the years and really value all of our guests's opinions. We will relay this information to the proper management teams.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food, music, excitement, rock-n-roll and history. You'll never get bored here. Many places to sit and watch the action, as well as enjoy the wonderful weather. Gorgeous pool and grounds, even better inside. You feel like it's an endless playground for whatever you want to do. Intimate Hard Rock Cafe tucked under a rainbow-lit ceiling. A tender steak and sides, plus shakes and desserts to give you more energy to check out all the memorabilia on every surface. Cell service may be sketchy, so wear your bluetooth to hear a text

Thanks so much for the kind review, we're so happy you enjoyed yourself with us, can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This casino was nice a typical hard rock casino. But please be careful when you go to their Bars!! Keep your card at all times even when you have an open tab!! They will do a charge at first which I never knew of until I looked at my bank statements!! Really bad experience at the "Center Bar"!! Please be careful and keep your belongings with you at all time. They don't call this city "dirty" for nothing even the staff here are "dirty" people. But you would never expect because its the hard rock!! Hollywood Hard Rock is way better!! Good luck and be careful!!!!