“Great Venue!”

Ranked #40 of 197 things to do in Tampa
Chandler, Indiana, United States
“Great Venue!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I attended the It Works Global conference in Jan. (trinaconner.myitworks.com) I was very pleased with the convention center. It was big enough to hold over 6000 of us and had plenty of restrooms and I hardly ever had to wait in line. I didn't have any problems with the staff. One vendor ran out of water and she immediately went to get more. I had staff compliment me on my It Works shirt and all that I encountered were friendly and polite. Thank you for making my first of many conferences with this company a success.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Drexel, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Most unfriendly place I have been”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Terrible layout for a large conference / convention. Service staff were no where near polite. A/V workers in the breakout sessions was terrible. A large group meeting let out about 20 minutes early - catering staff had brownies, chips and drinks on carts for the upcoming break. about 400 people came out of the session to carts with food and drink and the staff was hatefully telling everyone to leave it alone as it was not time for them to have it.

1 Thank Charlie B
Plattsburgh, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Appearance; Poor Service; Lacking value”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently attended a business convention at TCC. The visual appeal of the location was beautiful as well as the structures and interior appointments. The attentiveness of the staff in regard to food and drink service at the business functions were extremely poor. The staff cannot be viewed as rude, as they were never available to assist the guests. Plates were not cleared from the table at dinner, drinks quickly ran out and water was never replenished. I would not recommend this venue for any professional functions.

Clearwater FL
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great Site for Events”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Perched on the crest of Tampa Bay, this is a great place for a convention. The Gasprilla Distance Classic usually holds it's massive Expo here in Feb. All sorts of other events during the years.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great venue.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

There for a week. Very close to hotel, on the bay with beautiful view. One of my favorite convention enters.

Visited June 2012

Been to Tampa Convention Center? Share your experiences!