See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not in the best area of town. Since it was just my husband and I we went ahead and kept our reservation; however, had our children been with us we would not have stayed here.
The rooms have been updated with wood flooring and new artwork; however, the existing furniture is in poor condition. The room needed a good cleaning with coffee/food stains on the walls. The baseboards are all stained and dirty, but nothing a scrub brush couldn't fix.
The toilet did not work properly and we had to reattach the chain and fix the handle several times in our short overnight stay.
There was hair left in the bathtub from a previous guest, so it really made us question how well the cleaning staff cleaned any of the room.
The room we were in had a connecting door to another room and the door was quite thin, so we heard most of the going one in the neighboring room.

All in all, don't stay here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia W
nalarakhia, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Ybor City - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. The conditions of your room are unacceptable, and we will be using your comments to improve our housekeeping. Thank you.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Lobby was nice and clean. Then we heard yelling and screaming from what I'm assuming was security and management dealing with about a half dozen kids getting in the pool that were not guests. After that ordeal went to room and there were crushed chips on the floor where apparently housekeeping forgot to sweep. If they forgot to sweep then they forgot to mop. Which became apparent the next morning when I got up and the bottom of my feet were black. They are in the process of renovating and under new management but it needed some serious help. Even with the Reno's. The price was cheap, the bed was clean and all we did was sleep and bathe so the rest is what it is. It is conveniently 5 min from Ybor downtown which was the best part. Would we stay there again? Doubt it but we stayed mainly for the convenience.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptmartin13
nalarakhia, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Ybor City - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your honest feedback, and we use these types of comments to improve. We will be passing to our management team for review. Thank you.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

This “hotel” is in a very sketchy area of Tampa. The hotel is filthy, there was mold on the ceiling in my room. The tub didn’t drain. Don’t plan on sleeping if you stay here, loud music and cars in and out all night long. I would rather sleep in my car.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Jennifer M
nalarakhia, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Ybor City - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

According to their web site there is shuttle service but when I called from airport I was told only from hotel to airport not the other way, deceiving!! On their website each room has coffee pot, iron and ironboard, our room had none of these and when we told desk clerk no reply. One towel per person, no hand towel or wash cloth, no Kleenex. I realize this wasn't a top hotel but really. Also if you are hungry there is no restaurant within walking distance. Just glad we are only staying one night.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
nalarakhia, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Ybor City - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Thank you for your comments and review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Please note that your comments are important to us and we will be passing to our management team for review, and use this feedback to make improvements to our services. Thank you!

Reviewed January 26, 2018

Beautiful room with all of the amenities (microwave, refrigerator, wi-fi). Compared to the hotel that I checked in 2 days earlier; this was as complete godsend. I was able to actually close my eyes, relax and sleep here (without having to worry about unpleasant issues (such as a decrepit hotel falling apart and probably has not been cleaned since the last recession (in 2008). In addition; the price was very reasonable and the reception very hospitable. I enjoyed this place immensely and was sorry that I was leaving this location (I was heading out of town for the weekend). I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your comments and review. We do appreciate your choosing the Rodeway Inn and are happy to hear you were able to get some rest. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Tampa Bay area. Thank you!