“Good pizza if you are in area”
Review of Best NY Pizza

Best NY Pizza
Ranked #384 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stopped by for lunch while on business. Good assortment of pizza choices for slices. Cheese and sauce were good, crust kind of weird. Not bad, but not NY style---the texture and appearance of crust was different than what I expected. It was not bad, but not outstanding. I do agree with one per person, NY style is a "stretch."

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The pizza is enormous, and very tasty. They have many to choose from, already made, by the slice, but I got a create-your-own. It was nice and saucy, like a New York style pizza, good for folding! The garlic knots tasted a bit burnt, hopefully it was just that one batch. I would go back again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were in Tampa for a Bucs game and went for pizza afterward. This place is in a little strip mall north on Dale Mabry. They really do have good NY style pizza. (If you read our other reviews, you know we hit the pizza joints all over the country!) We had a large pepperoni pie which came out hot, bubbling, with the cheese just getting that brown edge to it, plenty of pepperoni, and a thin NY style crust which was crisp on the bottom, yet still had some chew to it! Easily foldable to eat! This will definitely be our pizza joint when in Tampa!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband found this awesome pizza place on facebook. People swore by it and how it's the real New York pizza taste and all that... We decided to give it a try. BEST NEW YORK PIZZA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!????!! If you are a pizza connoseur, I'm 100% sure that you will definitely LOVE this pizza. I've never been in NYC, but this pizza is definitely not the same as Pizza Hut, LIttle Ceasar or even Marco's Pizza! (that had been our new pizza place until we found BNYP) The owner is a NewYorker who moved to the Tampa area many years ago and after trying the many kinds of pizzas here, he decided to open his own restaurant and share his culinary pizza skills with us. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have yet to try the white pizza (loads of mozarella and other cheese) but the menu is full of tasty Italian wonders. Lots of pizza toppings to pick from. I love it. The price is right over here. For us three people, the family combo which is one 18" cheese pizza, garlic rolls (not too keen on them but you might like those) and a 2L of Pepsi is exactly $20.00 PERFECT!. The place is small and casual; you basically come in, order the pizza, sit wherever you want and the pizza will be brought to you, it's a do-it-yourself kinda thing. However, they do have a side area they open up for larger groups i guess and they do cater you with waitresses and all. It's pretty cool. I'm not sure when they open that area (i think weekends??).
So the same day we went to try BEST NEW YORK PIZZA and fell in love with the flavor, we signed up for BNYP rewards, online coupons for discounts and all. So that's another reason why we love this place. Ever since, we have not gone to another pizza place... THIS PIZZA IS THAT GOOD. i hope you agree with me after you taste it! Enjoy!! :)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My Wife was dying to try this Pizzeria, so in we went! The Pizza at Best was Too thick, crust was soft. Taste like Supermarket Box Pizza! Yuk!!! Where in NY do they Offer Garlic Knots! In Fla. they use Garlic Knots for Bread! I Don't want Garlic Knots for Bread with My Entree! I want Real Crusty Italian Bread! Server was cleaning tables with Bathroom Cleaner! Yuk Again! Made the Restaurant smell like a Dirty Bathroom!! I'm Never Going Back!!

1  Thank Sjd07866

Been to Best NY Pizza? Share your experiences!