“Fantastic!”
Review of Aqua Tampa

Aqua Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 2,407 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rocky Point Drive
Description: Our menu sets a new standard of culinary excellence, boasting fresh seafood flown in daily from around the world, including stone crab claws and a superb “raw bar”. Aqua's fresh colors reflect the vibrancy of the cool ocean waters. Experience an environment designed to entertain your every sense, highlighted by a water encased walk-in wine tower and a state- of- the- art open kitchen.
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

After a long late meeting, my team met over at Aqua. This was my first time there, and I didn't know what to expect. This place has a great vibe from the moment you step in the door. There is a beautiful wine room, surrounded by glass and a waterfall. The colors and décor are posh. And the servers were friendly and well dressed. We ate outside, had the Angry Prawns and Scallops. Everything was fantastic. I will definitely go back here and bring my hubby.

• Visited May 2014

The Villages, Florida
“A step up!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our lobster louie salad made us want to find and perfect the recipe at home. The ambiance was great and they allowed us to slide in dressed down. We sat outside and watched water activities as we ate crab cakes and roasted chicken. The wine list was ok and it was, overall, a very nice evening.

Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“A terrible restaurant in an awful hotel.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Aqua is located in the Tampa Bay Westin (a separate review will become available). While a great deal of money was spent creating a beautiful environment, management was so incompetent that it became something of a joke. Service was among the worst I have ever encountered, with dozens of staff standing around chatting while ignoring their customers. Staff did not understand the food they were serving and they could never find the wine we ordered. On three separate evenings we ordered a bottle of wine and wound up, after 20-30 minutes of searching, simply saying "bring me something that you can find that is white". Breakfast was the worst - One morning, with only one other couple in the restaurant, it took 40 minutes to get two easy over eggs with toast.

Whoever pretends to manage this place should be fired immediately. Until this occurs, I would avoid this restaurant at all costs.

3 Thank byrddawg
florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing and terrible”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I dined at Aqua Valentines evening and we were very disappointed. We were looking for a nice romantic evening and some good food. The place is decorated very stylish and romantic. First off the waiter was terrible. He got our appetizer wrong and wasn't very helpful or knowledgeable . He seemed lost and we had to ask him for every little thing, even menus. That should have been or hint to leave right then. Service was very slow, too. My husband ordered the Grouper with bok choy and that was great but I ordered the Whole Snapper which was very small. The fish was mushy and smelled very fishy so bad that it was inedible. It smelled so bad that I couldn't get the smell out of my nose all night. The waiter took my food and brought me another dish that was just ok. Not sure if he told the manager because we never saw or heard from him. The did take my dish off the bill but he was neither apologetic or helpful in any way. What a waste of time and money.

1 Thank BlueyesFlorida
Burlington, VT
“Hotel restaurants rarely impress & usually disappoint”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This restaurant is located in a fabulous and enjoyable Westin Hotel, but for some reason hotel restaurants are rarely as good as the hotel. The burned the burger & my wife did not enjoy the lobster bisque. I would not say that the restaurant was bad...it was fine. Others in our group had lovely salads. But my experience is that hotel restaurants tend to be pricey, and tend to not deliver the overall quality to substantiate the price.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Aqua Tampa? Share your experiences!