“Very good food, menu somewhat limited”
Review of Aqua Tampa

Aqua Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rocky Point Drive
Description: Our menu sets a new standard of culinary excellence, boasting fresh seafood flown in daily from around the world, including stone crab claws and a superb “raw bar”. Aqua's fresh colors reflect the vibrancy of the cool ocean waters. Experience an environment designed to entertain your every sense, highlighted by a water encased walk-in wine tower and a state- of- the- art open kitchen.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good food, menu somewhat limited”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Honestly, there wasn't that big a selection off the menu but overall I'm sure they only offer this certain amount because it was so good!

We started off with the chefs flatbread $9, easily the best bang for your buck on the menu. The flatbread was huge with 8 total pieces. We then had the Lobster Bisque which was also delicious.

For my meal I had the Aqua Roll (waiter recommended) and the crunchy salmon roll. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with either of the two sushi rolls. I've had much cheaper, better tasting sushi in the area. The pieces were huge though, easily three bites per piece. My colleague had the lamb and said it was really really good, also prepared beautifully.

Dessert, I had the chocolate mousse which was really rich and heavy but tasted great. My companion had the picked pear with blackberry mouse which wasn't that great. Light, but the mousse was runny and it just wasn't the best option off the very limited dessert menu (there's only 4 items)

• Visited December 2013

florida
“AQUA”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Have I got a deal for you! Aqua can make your dreams come true without breaking the bank. Sundays they have a 3 course prix fixe menu for two which cost $25.00 per couple. You must ask for the prix fixe menu or you will get the regular menu which is very expensive. You can look online at their website and see what’s on the menu for the Sunday you choose to go. This menu allows you to pick 1 appetizer to share, 2 entrees, and a dessert.

My only complaint was the service was slow. We counted 9 wait staff and there were only five tables with customers. It took 20 minutes to get water. I have no idea why.

• Visited September 2013
Massapequa, NY
“First class food and service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The Aqua, located at the Westin hotel is conveniently located west of Tampa airport right on route 60. The waterfront view including the Tampa skyline provides a great back drop to the restaurant's dining area.

From start to finish every dish was perfectly prepared and presented. The sushi dishes were fresh, the lobster bisque was appropriately creamed and seasoned. The carpaccio appetizer is a delight to the palette.

Our varied entrees included lamb chops, stuffed flounder and a pork osso buco. All were made to order and done to perfection.

Desserts included a chocolate mousse cake , creme brûlée and a banana foster cheese cake making a great ending to a terrific meal.

The service was excellent. The Executive Chef Matthew Mangone assured a perfect dining experience.

“GREAT STAFF & FOOD!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I loved the staff and the food here. Whatever i wanted, they made it happen! I loved that!! Breakfast was big and fresh. The bartenders are very knowledgeable and are very friendly as well.

Visited September 2013
Riverview, Florida
“A seafood restaurant that has the best steak we ever had!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited Aqua during the Dine Tamp Bay restaurant weeks. We started with the lobster mac and cheese along with the lobster bisque. The lobster Mac and cheese was heavenly with layers of cheese and big pieces of lobster. The lobster bisque had a little two much sherry for our taste but did have nice pieces of lobster. For the main coarse we both the filet mignon. This was the best steak we ever had, period. It was perfectly cooked and so tender. There was a nice crust that added flavor. Then came desert. The carrot cake is the funkiest version I have had. It was a dense cake almost like cheescske with candied pineapple on top, very unique. We enjoyed the banana foster cheescske a lot more and my wife said it was her favorite banana desert and I agree. The prices are a good value for a high end restaurant. If you are looking for something different, check this restaurant out.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Aqua Tampa? Share your experiences!