“A delicious first impression.”
Review of Aqua Tampa

Aqua Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rocky Point Drive
Description: Our menu sets a new standard of culinary excellence, boasting fresh seafood flown in daily from around the world, including stone crab claws and a superb “raw bar”. Aqua's fresh colors reflect the vibrancy of the cool ocean waters. Experience an environment designed to entertain your every sense, highlighted by a water encased walk-in wine tower and a state- of- the- art open kitchen.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Yesterday my banker invited me for a business lunch meeting at this restaurant. I'd never heard of Aqua so I was looking forward to a place where we could have a quiet lunch conversation without loud music and distractions. Aqua is an the Westin hotel located on a causeway with a beautiful water view. The ambiance is quite lovely and sophisticated and the wait staff was punctual and pleasant. I ordered the filet cobb salad which is a cobb salad with a small filet mignon steak. The salad was presented well and was very fresh with ice cold romaine lettuce, avacado, sliced egg, and a flavorful maytag blue cheese and sliced onion drizzled with a very light champagne vinaigrette dressing. The steak was tender and delicious. This restaurant may be one of Tampa's best kept secrets. Good job Aqua!

There are newer reviews for Aqua Tampa

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were there recently on Ladies Night when they were offering 1/2 off appetizers. What was supposed to be a 1-1.5hrs pleasant dining experience turned into a 3hrs dining disappointment. The server was nice but took FOREVER to bring us our food and our bill. And when he finally did, the bill was incorrect and he had to take it back to management to have it resolved which for whatever reason, took over 30mins to do. The manager was VERY reluctant to make the correction that inexcusably took over 30mins to resolve, not to mention, he never even came to our table to introduce himself and/or apologize for the error or the long wait, something that I feel is essential in customer service. Finally when we were ready to pay, no one even bothered to come and collect our payment. We had to track down the hostess to pass it on to our server who then had to give it to the same not-so-friendly manager to process the payment. Honestly, the place is really nice, my first impression was blown away by the decor and menu selection but unfortunately the management ruined the entire experience for me, leaving nothing to be desired. If they don't start training these managers better, this place will not last.

westintampabaygm, General Manager at Aqua Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear jchoy ,

I received a email by your most recent visit to Aqua. Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your dining experience. I did respond to your email that you sent directly to our website. In hopes that I would get a chance to speak with you and resolve this unfortunate incident in a timely manner. So please forgive me if this sounds repetitive.

Quality food and service are the building blocks of our culture, and we adhere to high standards at Aqua. We do, therefore, take your complaint very seriously and apologize for our poor execution. Please be assured that this is an isolated incident and not a regular occurrence.

We strive to provide our guests with a dining experience that is at least 100% of their expectations, and we apologize for falling short of the mark with you. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at Aqua.

Thank you for your patience in dealing with this matter. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you soon.

Marshall

Marshall

General Manager of Aqua

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Definitely recommend the seafood chowder and crab cake starters. The Grilled Tuna Nicoise is a great salad. We ate there 5 times during our stay and I can't say that we were ever disappointed. On Saturday nights there is live music, which is nice. Its a busy little restaurant so be sure to book over weekends.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had an amazing family dinner Sat. night for my birthday. The location, atmosphere, food, service, and decor were all just perfect. We had a beautiful table by the window with a great view of the water. Everyone's meals were superb and cooked to perfection. My Grilled Harpoon Caught Swordfish ove rred quinoa tabbouleh, yellow tomato carpaccio & yogurt tzatziki was awesome! Next time, my husband and I plan to come alone so that after dinner we can go into the lounge; there was great music coming from there that we could just barely hear. I'd been wanting to try this restaurant out for a long time. It was perfect for watching the sunset too. The food really was reasonably priced for the quality, I expected it to be higher. There is a full bar and extensive beer and wine list. Great night!

1  Thank Wohlfies
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We enjoyed the entertainment. The service was good and the 2 for 1 drink coupon offset the higher prices. The atmosphere was nice.

Been to Aqua Tampa? Share your experiences!