“My 2nd OP is as good as the 1st”

Ocean Prime - Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,505 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best Piano Bar” and “Outdoor Scene” by Tampa Bay Metro as well as one of the “Best Seafood Restaurants in the Bay Area” by Creative Loafing, OCEAN PRIME Tampa delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Located at the entrance to the International Plaza shopping center on the corner of West Shore and Boy Scout Boulevard and a mere five-minute drive from Tampa International Airport, Raymond James Stadium and the George Steinbrenner Field, OCEAN PRIME Tampa is a favorite destination before and after sporting events. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Tampa an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Again OP over delivered. We had a business dinner for 10 and we received great personalize service. You can order pretty much anything and at the size or quantity you want. Fish is fresh and the steaks are perfect. I would recommend this high end place to everybody.
It's that good.

1  Thank rbitv

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I wasn't impressed - the food was ok, the service was sub-par. Three times I waited for nearly 10 minutes before someone came around to refill my water.
This is a restaurant that charges a premium, to say the least - and we had an assistant waiter and a waiter, not to mention the countless employees who were constantly walking by that ignored the empty glass.
When my bill came, it was brought with a comment card for me to fill out - unfortunately, the comment card was already filled out by someone who had a significantly better experience than did I...
But what really threw me over the edge was waiting for 15 minutes with my credit card on the table without the waiter coming back for it. I received my bill at 9:28. At 9:45, I finally got up and paid up front like it was a Denny's.

I wouldn't go back unless it was free.

1  Thank philforthenewworld
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just keep coming back every time I have to go to TPA.
Consistent quality!
Worth the price!
Eat in or out both with good views.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was in Tampa for work & found myself looking for a good seafood restaurant close to my hotel. Ocean Prime kept popping up as a high rated establishment so I gave it a try. The restaurant itself has great aesthetics. I enjoyed the look & feel of my dining experience. I was solo & I decided to dine at one of the bars. The menu was well balanced, yet not overwhelming. I started with the ahi tuna tartar, which was amazing. The tuna tasted very fresh & the dressing had a nice acidity to it. They also have great warm bread that I couldn't resist & entirely consumed. Next was a scallop risotto that really made my meal. The risotto was perfectly cooked & seasoned. The scallops were seared and laid neatly on top. It was wonderful. I got a little greedy & ordered a half size of the lobster mashed potatoes. I don't regret it. All-in-all, if I ever have to visit Tampa again, I will absolutely comeback here.

The bartender was very friendly & got me wined/dined post haste.

1  Thank BeachSwimOne
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My son who will be 18 in December and I started going to Ocean Prime 3-4 years ago for special celebrations. Then I started going with my gf for her birthdays and mine too. We ALL LOVE everything about OP. The Food-Service-Ambiance is all excellent ~ This place has it ALL. I have been to the best restaurants in the world and you wont find a place much better than OP. They definitely have the best steak in Tampa bar none. Their rib-eye is to die for~ Juicy but not greasy and delicious. Lobster is sweet and juicy~ Also their truffle cheese macaroni is 'da bomb" and a must for anyone dining there. The service is ALWAYS outstanding and the setting is cool and sexy a bit "South-beach like"~ We like eating out on the patio especially in the wintertime as they have nice heat warmers outside if need be. When in Tampa go to the OP for a great evening that you will always remember~

2  Thank 290DavidD

Been to Ocean Prime - Tampa? Share your experiences!