“Excellent food, fast service.”

Ocean Prime - Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best Piano Bar” and “Outdoor Scene” by Tampa Bay Metro as well as one of the “Best Seafood Restaurants in the Bay Area” by Creative Loafing, OCEAN PRIME Tampa delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Located at the entrance to the International Plaza shopping center on the corner of West Shore and Boy Scout Boulevard and a mere five-minute drive from Tampa International Airport, Raymond James Stadium and the George Steinbrenner Field, OCEAN PRIME Tampa is a favorite destination before and after sporting events. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Tampa an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had reservations for my birthday. They decorated the table with confetti. The food was delicious and the service was fast. Great for people watching. It was an older crowd so we didn't stay after dinner for drinks there, but the entertainment was good.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Prime - Tampa

Reviewed June 23, 2013

What can I say,but, RIB EYE!!! The most tasty I have ever had. Went for a belated Fathers Day meal with family. The sides are definitely big enough to share. Richie M was our sever and we enjoyed his service and personality. And don't forget dessert, peanut butter pie was great along with the fresh ground coffee.

ps: Derek Jeter was there the night we were,and he left smiling, so he must have enjoyed it!!

1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a great place if you have a young hard body, and/or don't have a discriminating palate when it comes to high priced food.We had made reservations a week in advance and when we arrived were were greeted by a team of four pretty young girls. We were seated in the furthest seat away, in a corner of a small room with three tables and a group of about 12 loud men at another. It was so loud we could not hear ourselves talk. That on top of feeling we were banished to Siberia I got up and asked one of the hostesses if she could please move us to a quieter table. There were several available in the main dining room but she offered us a table in another small room on the other side of the restaurant. Please know, our group of four are all successful middle aged, clean, and beautifully attired... not bums off the street! Not wanting to be banished to Siberia south I asked if we could please sit in the main dining room. I was told yes but it would be a 15 or 20 minute wait although there were at least four tables available. When I told her that is OK I offered that we would sit in the bar, have a drink, and wait until we are called. She told us to please go back to our table and they'd come and get us!! Unbelievable. We were treated like lepers! We did as instructed and it was a very short wait. After moving us It did take us quite some time for anyone to come by our table and take a drink order but when it eventually did happen the waiter was excellent. Now to the food. The steaks were fine, not as great as Ruths Chris and Capital Grill, but fine. The side dishes were very disappointing. The creamed spinach was so smoky (bacon) that we couldn't finish it. The asparagus was cold and limp and my chopped salad was very average with some sort of dressing that was way to sweet. This place is all about young beautiful people.I should have known when we walked through the parking lot at the placement of the cars in front. This place is all yuppy pretense and nothing more.

3  Thank Bernie B
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I ate at Ocean Prime on a weeknight at a table of 3. After ordering drinks we started off with an off the menu appetizer: cold steamed snow crab legs. Something was just not right with those things. All three of us were not impressed, and we did not eat more than one each. The drink I ordered was the Berries & Bubbles, the look was cool but the drink was not. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and it was no better than Bone Fish Grill-considering the price it should be.

You might be asking yourself why I am rating this restaurant a 1 star? It is because after paying so much for seafood, one would think that the quality would be spectacular. However, I ended up with food poisoning for the first time in my life. It was an awful experience and I will never EVER go back. Something is off in that kitchen. Do yourself a favor and skip this place for Eddie V’s.

2  Thank Lindsey S
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have eaten here before but this time was just drinks in the lounge, this is by far the best people watching in tampa, from the 20 somethings women walking in with their 50 somethings men, and the young girls at the bar waiting for those old business men to buy them drinks. Its quite amusing, drink your drinks slowly though beer prices are fine 6$ but a mixed drink is gonna be 13. And if u do eat here and plan on having alcohol with your drink u will be up in the 150 range so its fun to go once a year and eat for an occassion but not that often, but drinks and the atmosphere , spectacular.

Been to Ocean Prime - Tampa? Share your experiences!