“Prime”

Ocean Prime - Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best Piano Bar” and “Outdoor Scene” by Tampa Bay Metro as well as one of the “Best Seafood Restaurants in the Bay Area” by Creative Loafing, OCEAN PRIME Tampa delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Located at the entrance to the International Plaza shopping center on the corner of West Shore and Boy Scout Boulevard and a mere five-minute drive from Tampa International Airport, Raymond James Stadium and the George Steinbrenner Field, OCEAN PRIME Tampa is a favorite destination before and after sporting events. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Tampa an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Tampa, Florida
“Prime”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ocean Prime attracts a big Bar Scene. In fact, they have several bars within the restaurant. The main bar is huge with a beautiful back drop. It can become quite the scene filled with business men traveling during the week . So it is not always my scene. It can become so crowded that service in the bar is hindered. They have tables in the bar and offer a full service menu. Cocktails are inventive. They have a cucumber martini that is delicious. I love their shrimp cocktail. Huge jumbo shrimp are placed before you and they are delicious as are the oysters on the half shell. The french onion soup is delicious. The salads are nice, fresh, crisp and creative. The sea bass and ahi tuna as an entree are perfect. A very expensive haunt so have the pockets filled wih gold!!!

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Best meal of the week”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that after dining there last night we are going back tonight
The sea bass special was outrageous. The adult salmon entree I will order tonight. Looked yummy on my husband's plate. Children's menu was outrageous. 7 ounces of salmon, 9 ounces of filet mignon , plus your usual chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, etc., for $7.00 Not a typo. Seven dollars. Pretty restaurant. You will enjoy.

Nassau, New Providence Island
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I honestly recommend you to make reservation. I did for our anniversary weekend and I had a wonderful time! Service was great and the food was amazing! A bit pricey but worth it!! I will plan in returning soon!

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Bomb. A$$.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Could be my favorite restaurant in Tampa. The steaks are impeccable, the sides are all on point and the seafood is fantastic. Try the seafood tower app if you want your mind blown. We always request Tricia to be our server, she will keep you happy!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank BiffONeill
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stopped in for lunch while I was in town for my best friends wedding and glad I did! I had the fish sandwich which came with lobster bisque and it was deeelicious! It was about $14 for the 2 if I remember correctly; good value for the amount of food and the fact that it was seafood. The atmosphere was really cool, I liked the outdoor fireplace and the various seating options. Our waiter was very professional and helpful with our questions. He also made sure to ask if we were from the area which we are not so he let us know the fish was caught locally down the street and the beer one of the guys had was made local as well. I would definitely eat here again, but will probably save this restaurant for more of a special occasion as the prices were a tad higher for a regular lunch outting in my opinion.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Ocean Prime - Tampa? Share your experiences!