“Waste”

and up
Tampa TRIO Pass with Attractions: Aquarium, Zoo, and Museum
Ranked #30 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore a World of Possibilities at Tampa’s Museum of Science & Industry with more than 450 hands-on activities, plus Florida’s only IMAX® DOME Theatre, five-stories-tall and offering a higher resolution than any other theater in Tampa; It is more than a movie, it is an experience. Brave extreme weather conditions inside Disasterville, featuring Bay News 9 WeatherQuest, and explore the stages of life in The Amazing You exhibition. Gaze into the starry night sky in MOSI’s Saunders Planetarium, and don’t miss exploring the outdoors in the BioWorks Butterfly Garden and MOSI Backwoods. Kids get to run the show at MOSI’s Kids In Charge!, the largest children’s science center in nation, while kids of all ages get a rush from MOSI’s Sky Trail® Ropes Course and Zip Line.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Waste”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This place was awful. Dirty, broken exhibits, very little staff, in a state of disrepair. Do not recommend.

3 Thank DNA831
Shannon H, Manager at Museum of Science and Industry, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit to MOSI. We really appreciate you letting us know that you had some issues and I am so sorry for the inconveniences and problems you experienced. As a hands-on, interactive museum, MOSI’s exhibits take on a lot of wear and tear every day, but keeping our museum maintained and beautiful is one of our top priorities. If you could let me know specifically which exhibits you had problems with, we can get our exhibits team working on the repair as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your comments and for your visit to MOSI.

Please feel free to call me at 813-987-6080 to talk further about this issue.

Shannon Herbon

128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“A day out”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very interesting but definitely designed for children as some of the buttons and knobs were not working as had obviously been played with too much! Very interesting layout on the 3rd floor even though a little on the dark side expecially if you're trying to read stuff. But in general definitely worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A full day of fun!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent the day at MOSI for my son's birthday while we were in Tampa for vacation.

Normal admission is around $23 for adults and $18 for children. Try to go on $5 Saturdays... makes it much easier to enjoy the additional attractions. Check the website for dates.

Admission gets you entrance into the museum and a ticket to a science movie - ours was about the great white shark. This was my first time in a dome shaped theatre and, at first, it was a little disorienting. Be sure to sit in the back, if you're too close you can't see the whole screen without lying down.

There were tons of cool things to do. So many that we felt rushed trying to see and do everything before they closed. We enjoyed the tight rope bike, craft station, mars mission, XBOX!!!, playground, etc.

We paid $5pp extra for Astronaut Training (bounce houses) which was totally worth it because once the kids saw the bounce houses, they wanted in. It's very nice that they have another building entirely for younger children. There are many free things to do there like pulleys, play houses, full-size chess, crawling things, etc. If your child will be bouncing, pay at the entrance. Otherwise, they want to you pay per slide using tokens!! I'd be broke! Flat $5 works for me.

Because we got such a deal on admission, we decided to do the ropes course ($7pp) and ziplining ($10pp). It was very cool.

Oh, and, for some reason the popcorn is cheaper in the children's building than it is near the movie theatre. Go figure!

Will go again the next time we are in town... IF it happens to be on a $5 Saturday! :)

1 Thank VJoi
Tampa, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Could have been better”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Can be very educational however, some of the exhibits did not work and the bathrooms were a disgrace. Should be better kept in my opinion.

3 Thank simwbwlp2013
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make every visit a positive memorable experience and in this case it appears we missed the mark. As a hands-on museum, exhibits do occasionally break down. If you could let me know in more detail which exhibits you noticed in disrepair, I will let the exhibits team know so they can inspect and provide maintenance. I'm so sorry that your experience at MOSI was disappointing.

In regard to the condition of the bathrooms during your visit, that is certainly not our policy and is not the image we strive to portray. I am forwarding your comments to the appropriate department to try to get the matter resolved. I apologize profusely.

Thank you again for your feedback and assistance. MOSI is a non-profit science museum dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives by making science real, and our goal is to make that difference in a positive way. Your feedback helps us improve and create a better experience for all of our guests. Please feel free to call me at 813-987-6080 to talk more about this issue.

Shannon Herbon
Communications Manager
Tampa, Florida
“$5 Days”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We recently visited MOSI for the Santa's $5 Days, mine for the first time and my 10 and 11 years olds the second time. My children kept pulling me to different activities because they were too excited to show me all the cool and fun stuff you can do there, especially at Kids In Charge. We were able to walk around the whole premises for 4 hours and also grab some souvenirs from the gift shop which some of the items were 50% off. The IMAX Dome Theater was mind-blowing and nauseous. We didn't get to try the Zip Line but we got to visit the Butterfly Garden. My favorite areas were The Disasterville and The Moonbase. We would love to get a family membership but we can't afford it. Overall, it was a great experience and I would love to do a birthday party there one day.