“Very Educational”

Museum of Science and Industry
Ranked #30 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore a World of Possibilities at Tampa’s Museum of Science & Industry with more than 450 hands-on activities, plus Florida’s only IMAX® DOME Theatre, five-stories-tall and offering a higher resolution than any other theater in Tampa; It is more than a movie, it is an experience. Brave extreme weather conditions inside Disasterville, featuring Bay News 9 WeatherQuest, and explore the stages of life in The Amazing You exhibition. Gaze into the starry night sky in MOSI’s Saunders Planetarium, and don’t miss exploring the outdoors in the BioWorks Butterfly Garden and MOSI Backwoods. Kids get to run the show at MOSI’s Kids In Charge!, the largest children’s science center in nation, while kids of all ages get a rush from MOSI’s Sky Trail® Ropes Course and Zip Line.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great IMAX movie theater. I havea tendency to get motion sickness. But learned that of I go up towards the top of the theater that it doesn't affect me in a negative way. Lots of educational displays in the museum. Some are dated. Been here many times with young kids over the years. They/we always enjoy it.

1  Thank Pamela B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Fantastic place to go !! My grandchildren love it. Lots to do !! Great programs to attend. They have a Hurricane Wind Simulator, Butterfly Conservator, Disasterville, High Wire Bicycle, Playground and Kids in Charge area (which kids can spend all day in). Everyone needs to go to MOSI soon. They also have great Scouting programs too. Staff is awesome. :)

1  Thank DebbieSandlin
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were going to go to Busch Gardens but decided to save some money and go to MOSI. It's just down the street from USF. There were many activities and things to do. Hands on activities. One was like a game show and you had to choose the right answers. There was also an IMAX theatre with 3 different shows. We saw one about our galaxy's and stars. I enjoyed this as I am fascinated with it but I also Learned many things during it as well. We had no children with us but I enjoyed this as an adult and I'm sure kids would live this place. I could spend hours in there inside and out.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

All the touristy areas do get boring after a while, especially if you live here in Orlando, FL. The Museum is something that most locals avoid but can be found pretty exciting and educational. The dome theater is my favorite part, experience watching a movie thats more real than IMAX!

1  Thank Preyash P
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our first visit was a year ago, and it is still one of our favorite museums of all time. The kids are always asking if they will ever get to go back. The exhibits are all hands on and interactive, and there are exhibits for the very young to adults. There is a Hurricane wind simulator, butterfly conservatory, Disasterville, high wire bicycle, playground and a whole kids in charge area (which kids can spend all day in). I was a little disappointed that parts of "The Amazing You" were not appropriate for the kids, and there wasn't any warning. If you don't pay attention, you could find yourself trying to explain things to your child that neither of you are ready for! Our families favorite was the Skytrail and Zipline. The kids thought it was awesome! It's a 3 story metal frame with rope bridges, wobbly plank bridges, balance beams, and tight ropes. You wear a harness that is clipped into a track above you, then you cross between open air platforms and use un-railed stairs to move between levels. At the top you can take a Zip line over the museum courtyard to a second tower on the other side. Then you climb the stairs to the top and zip back. There are height and weight requirements, so be sure to check the website before going. All this fun does come with a big price tag though. We were able to waive admission fees (adult-$22/kids-$18) with a reciprocal museum pass, but still spent $68 for our family of 4 to do the Skytrail and Zipline. There are a lot of other add-ons too: IMAX, flight simulator, planetarium, bounce houses, and slides.

2  Thank MommyBird53816

Been to Museum of Science and Industry? Share your experiences!