“Great location but our room was noisy from airplanes!”

Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
lawrenceville,ga
“Great location but our room was noisy from airplanes!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This location is very close and convenient to the Tampa airport. The curb appeal is lovely. The lobby is spacious/bright and the breakfast was quite good. The rooms appeared to be smaller than other Homewood Suites. We had a 1 br king room.

I am a VERY light sleeper and a Hilton Gold Hhonors. I asked for a quiet room at booking and called the day before to remind the front desk. When we checked in, our front desk person was Hollee ( sp?). She was pleasant and kind. I asked her about having a quiet room and she basically told me that she did not assign my room and so she had no idea if the room would be quiet. That shocked me. My preferred reply would have been, " Well let's see...yes I do see your request and since we appreciate your Gold status, I am sure we will do what we can to get you into a quiet room. Why don't you try the room out and then let me know if it is suitable."

I believe this location is owned by Mc Kibbon, as their office is right around the corner. I have stayed at one of their other properties and the guest service was much better. Perhaps it is a training issue that needs to be taken care of. My husband was with me and he rarely complains about noise but he thought we were on a noisy side of the hotel. We were VERY close to the airport, so it may not have been avoidable.

I also did not get any room amenities such as water or a snack. Nothing was every mentioned. during my 3 night stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear motherjanegoose,

We sure will work on that! Thank you for brining it to our attention and we hope to see you again.

Thanks!

patsy.pagan@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Broadway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I feel it must be said that this is one of the most generous and welcoming Hotels in the area. The staff are fantastic from Housekeeping to Management and nothing was too much trouble. The suite is spacious and has more than adequate facilities. They serve a FREE breakfast every day (7days a week) and a FREE Dinner Monday through to Thursday. The location is very close to Tampa Airport and there is a complimentary shuttle bus to get you there and back.
I flew in for surgery at Tampa Eye Clinic and must say the staff at this Hotel are so good. On a couple of occasions immediately after the operation they brought my breakfast to the room. Nothing was too much trouble, nothing at all. I would highly recommend this home from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Angel,

It has been a pleasure serving you Angel. You make us feel at home too.

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Tampa Airport for almost 2 months during a relocation to Tampa. The positive was that the staff was very friendly and helpful for the entire duration of our stay. Holly and Mary at the front desk were especially so. Housekeeping did an adequate job in that the sheets and towels in our room always seemed fresh and clean, they were never worn or stained. However, they did a mediocre job of cleaning our tub. They never wiped down the shower walls the entire time we were there. (I hope they do so between guests.) The biggest negative was the kitchen and dining area. We hardly ever took advantage of the free dinner buffet because a) the food often looked very unappetizing and the kitchen staff did not promptly clean up spills, wipe tables, etc., and b) quite often the plates and silverware were dirty. I often heard other guests complaining about the same thing while on the elevator or in the dining area. Breakfast was slightly better, but I often just bought cereal and milk from the store and ate in my room so that I didn't have to sift through to find a clean spoon. The kitchen staff often seemed overwhelmed at both breakfast and dinner, and they definitely need to improve their dishwashing!! It was just not sanitary. One night we went to cook something in our room, and we took out a frying pan from the cabinet that had been put away dirty, I suppose from some previous guest. Who knows how long that had been sitting down there dirty? If the management would take care of the kitchen issues, it would have been a much easier stay. So, overall, very nice, friendly front desk staff, but the kitchen and dining services need improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Najlib
Dear Najlib,

I will share your comments with my team and thank you for the kind words about the team.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location is close to the airport and you can get to Tampa or St Pete very easily. The hotel staff was wonderful with plenty of suggestions on things to do in the area. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Stewart L,

Location is key and so is a friendly staff! Thank you.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My stay at Homewood Suites, while recovering from back surgery at Laser Spine Institute, has been a five star experience all the way around. Everything met my expectations and so much more. The professionalism of the staff, and their attentiveness to detail are beyond compare. The accommodations were excellent- beautifully and comfortably furnished, and extremely clean. They accommodated special needs including a shower chair and daily filling of ice pack machine after surgery. My room was near the elevator, and a very short walk to the lobby and dining area. My stay was made even more pleasant by the fact that dinner was provided Mon-Thurs. Between the dinners and having a full kitchen in our suite, it was unnecessary to go out after my surgery. They even were accommodating with my gluten-free diet. The hotel is conveniently located, with shuttle service to the Laser Spine Institute, pharmacy, shopping areas, and restaurants. All the staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Matthew graciously gave us a tour even though it was a busy time, and Hazel and Kendall made us feel right at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ruthie_987
Dear Ruthie_987,

What great comments about your stay Ruthie. Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope you recover from your trip to Laser Spine soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stated at this hotel prior to our cruise . As an owner of a travel agency, I highly recomend this hotel. It has everything you need and tge staff was fantastic. Whether fir business or pleasure this hotel wilk meet all your needs

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear ITravelWeekly,

It must be difficult to travel weekly and how wonderful is it to see that you enjoyed being our guest. Yes, close to the port and the best mall in town! I also know that our team works very hard to ensure all guest are as happy as you are.

Thanks!
Waukon, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family was here for a wedding. we live in Iowa and the staff here at this hotel was amazing. I cannot say enough how wonderful our stay was. We received a wonderful, full breakfast every morning with lots of choices to please even the fussest eaters. The front staff was SO friendly and helpful. we recieved free transportation from A1 shuttle services that went above and beyond the call of duty with wonderful drivers. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Quiet and peaceful. Some names of the staff I would like to recognize is Matthew, Jackie, Hollie and Kendall. Thank you Homewood suites. You are amazing!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer L
Dear Jennifer,

I agree with you that our staff is amazing! Thank you so much and we can not wait to have you stay with us again.