“Impressed with professionalism”

Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Arkansas
“Impressed with professionalism”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have stayed at many hotels in Tampa and recently decided to start using the Crowne Plaza, actually the last two times. I enjoy the rooms as they look immaculate and offer very comfortable beds. The hotel is quiet itself however the location is great, next to Westshore which is an important area for business, shopping and dining and just a few steps from the airport. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping, alll the staff isw corteousn and does a very good job, but last time I got more impressed by their professionalism. The Night Agent welcomed me like I was royalty. I had a couple of issues, not needed to be mentioned, but George went far out his way to remind me that I was at the Crowne Plaza, I mean, a touch a class. Thank you !!!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ArkansasJackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

We traveled to Tampa to go to my daughter's college football game at Raymond James Stadium. I booked this hotel because they offer a complimentary Area Shuttle within a 3.0 MI radius of the hotel. And per their own web site the " Raymond James Stadium - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3 MI / 4.83 KM ) " When we requested the shuttle after check in they told us the stadium is actually 3.4 miles away and they do not drop there! So do not believe their company web site. I told the girl at the desk this information and she only stated that the web site is wrong and she will call them to correct this; however it still states that Raymond James is 3 miles away. They refused to take us there, even after I explained the reason I booked this hotel. I could not understand this, it was not a big game and traffic was not going to be an issue. The hotel is not a brand new hotel as others have posted it is a remodeled hotel. There is a nice view of Tampa Bay, but it will soon be gone as a new hotel or condo is being built across from the Crown, and will block that view. The curtain is non-existent and only a see-through piece of fabric is over the large window, so don't even think you are sleeping in! The ceiling is very low, I'm a short person (5'4") and that bothered me, can't imagine a 6 footer in this hotel. This is why they don’t show the ceiling in the pictures on crowne web-site. My husband bought a drink at the bar it was $8.60 for a captain Morgan and coke. That is more then the cruise ships charge. The toilet would not flush of course, when I needed it to most! Called down and they did have someone come up quickly (10 min). They plunged the toilet and then carried the plunger across the floor dripping. Gross, hope you don't get my room, sorry.

3 Thank tinabh
Bournemouth, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore

We used this hotel for our first night’s stay in Florida before we set off on our travels. It’s a good hotel. From the receptionist who was friendly and helpful without being over the top to the room which was a good size, had literally everything we could possibly have needed including a little sleep kit of eye mask, ear plugs, lavender spray and a sleep music CD. The bed was big and very comfortable and the bathroom, although on the small size, had a huge walk in shower which was the best I’d every used!! Another little touch I liked was the night light in the bathroom so when I got up in the middle of the night you could see enough in there! The TV was massive and had an excellent picture. Shame my other half just wanted to watch football on it! We had room 601 on the 6th floor and the view out of the floor to ceiling window although just the local area was great. The hotel is near to all fast food outlets and across the street almost to a shopping mall (Westshore Plaza) which had a Macy’s, JC Penny, Sears and . What more could a girl want?! Shame we didn’t have the time to explore more! I would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore.

2 Thank Sheila1964
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, and it is a great deal. The price varies, but if you have a AAA card, then its a steal. Always clean and the furniture is very nice and modern. The front desk service is a little slow, but I guess that is the least of your problems. It is centrally located, you can jump on the highway very easily, malls, shopping, hard rock are all very close. The pool is very nice also. I always enjoy staying here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank stefanie_khan
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed here on four different occasions in May 09. All stays were on nighters and all were point break stay. Despite this lowly status I was given very nice rooms on the eleventh floor every single time. All of the rooms were big (one actually was enourmous) and very well equipped - forgot which pic was taken in which room, sorry. Service was very friendly and efficient. Airport shuttle worked perfectly. I even managed to use the nice outdoor pool once - it is big enough to have a decent swim. Gym is a little small but worked for me. Location is good if you are on short stopover. Close to the airport (never heard a plane at night, though!) and right next to the Westshore Mall.

Very nice stays in a crisp new hotel with motivated, friendly staff. Thumps up and keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank wicketo
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed 1 night while on roadtrip through Florida and overall had a very good experience. The price was great and the breakfast buffet in the lobby was inexpensive but high quality with very good service. The room was nicely furnished and had the right touches for someone looking for a little extra in a hotel. I didn't explore Tampa so I can't speak to its location but there didn't appear to be much nearby although it was easy to get to St.Petersberg and Clearwater.

Only issue was that the room had been used by a smoker before and they were still cleaning it out so some equipment was left in our room when we arrived. One of the blankets still had a slight smoker's smell to it so we chose not to use it. Given that the rest of the experience was great I'll forgive them for that and would definitely recommend this location to anyone.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night for the Cowboys v. Bucs game.
I was a little worried when I booked it b/c it was inexpensive & thought it might be a dump. When we arrived we upgraded our room to a suite b/c it was only a few dollars more. The hotel overall is very nice, its been renovated, I had no complaints, I would stay there again. It is close to Raymond James Stadium, its about 3.5 miles away.
The happy hour is 40% off drinks.
I recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends