“Great location! Mojitos is great!”

Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. I especially enjoyed the amazing food and service at Mojitos, the hotel's premier restaurant and bar. Fantastic drinks and food! Samantha and Bryana at Mojitos gave awesome service and were a pleasure to have serve us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tampa, the location is perfect, close to the airport and around the corner from Tampa nightlife!

• Stayed: July 2013
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Mojito. Samantha and Bryana always deliver amazing service so please come back to see them! We appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sales Coordinator

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stop in for lunch every few weeks and this restaurant is just lovely, the ambience, the food and the SERVICE by SAM the Server/Bartender is second to none. Sam is one of the most hospitable Servers I have ever encountered. He makes everyone feel very welcome, he is very helpful with suggestions and is extremely efficient with his service right on! I highly recommend Mojitos for lunch with Sam the Server/Bartender.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so glad you have been able to enjoy Mojito for lunch! We love to hear when a guest finds our service level exceeding expectations. Sam does it all and we are so grateful he can take care of our guests while handling all of his duties. We would like to see more locals in the area enjoy Mojito for lunch and dinner so bring your colleagues next time! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we look forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The staff have managed to create a very inviting ambiance here. Timmy, the shuttle driver and Sam, the bartender are awesome goodwill ambassadors for this beautiful, amenities-packed hotel. The food and meeting facilities are excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore. We are so glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities we provide for our guests! Timmy and Sam are great assets to our team and will be recognized for their service. We will see you on your next visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Arrived in the evening before 4th of July. The hotel is easily accessible off of Kennedy Boulevard westbound lane. Had to wait while a party of seven checked in. When my turn came my reservation was ready, accurate and check-in was fast. Parking out front is complimentary with overflow parking out back. Luggage carts are available for self-help. The cart I had chosen turned out to have a broken wheel. But that’s always my luck. Room was spacious. Had two queen-size beds. One was very soft & comfy. The other was very hard, difficult to rest. Pillows were nice and fluffy, very comfortable. TV was modern with a large selection of free channels. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. The carpet in the room is in serious need of steam cleaning. I checked out the pool, which is at ground level, and easily accessible. It had an attractive design, plenty of room, looked well kept. Unfortunately I did not have time to use the pool but would have if I could. Same thing with the hotel restaurant. It looked open and inviting at breakfast time. The stay was quiet and sleep was uninterrupted. Checkout was very fast. Desk staff were friendly and pleasant and helpful for both the morning and evening shift.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We will investigate improvements that can be done based on your comments, but it is great to hear that your overall thoughts were positive. A good nights sleep is one of the most important aspects of a great hotel and we are glad to provide that to you! We look forward to having you back and hopefully you will have time to enjoy the pool!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Staying at the Crown goes hand in hand with my flights. But I have not be as impressed with any Crown until I checked into the Tampa Westshore. Whoa! What happened to the front desk, and what happened to the lobby? What happened to the ho-hum attitudes?
A new world at this Crown. And always a new day.
Front desk Chris...definitely in the right place. His communication skills teamed up with that radiant smile was welcome after a red-eye from LA. Nothing was too much to ask.
Ottalia (Breakfast Server). Was this wonderful person someone I should take home with me? Bruce! You drive a mean shuttle! Your kindness was overwhelming.
And Sam, my recommendation for "Bar Keeper of the Year"! Nothing but game for this guy. A lot on the ball, happy to be at his job, and a great PR man for the area. Could handle those burgers and fries with one hand and draw a beer with the other. Definitely will stay with the Westshore Crown and hope all these folks are on duty. Room blinds were a bit on the tricky side to operate, but did darken well once figured it out. One little teeny comment though: Housekeeping started pounding doors at 7AM, tapping keys on doors and announcing "Housekeeping".. Ugh. If it didn't mean getting out of my ultra comfortable bed, I would have thrown a shoe at them.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for that wonderful review of our hotel and restaurant!!! I will ensure the staff members you listed are recognized for their great service. The details you gave will be extremely helpful for our departments to make any updates and it gives future guests an idea of what to expect. I apologize that you were woken up so early; housekeeping should be starting later than 7am and that will be addressed. We do have a floor in the hotel designated as the "Quiet Zone" where housekeeping does not start until 10am. That would be a great option for you to take advantage of on your next visit. Again, thank you for your comments, we will see you back soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are looking for a simple and basic, comfortable hotel, this is a good place. The location isn't anything special, but it is near the airport which is helpful, and they have a free airport shuttle. Only minor issue was the curtain over the window did not block out light at all in the morning. The staff was really great, and recommended and printed off places for me to go. The shuttle will also drive within a 3-mile radius which is convenient so you do not have to pay cab fares, and you just simply call when you need to be picked up. The HH at Mojito was good, lots of food items that are reasonably priced, and you can bring drinks back to the pool as well.
Would be nice if the hotel had a continental breakfast, to order breakfast you pay a lot for not a lot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate the details of your review which will help fellow travelers decide where to stay if they need transportation. We love when our guests utilize our shuttle service and are happy to provide recommendations for great things to do in the area! Next time you stay with us please utilize the black out shade that is located behind the thin shade on the window. Unfortunately, it is a common occurance that guests do not see this, but it will help tremendously with the sun coming in the room! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I travel frequently and have to say the staff at the Crowne Plaza is the friendliest I have ever encountered. Each person I came in contact with was both friendly and helpful. This included the front desk staff, bellman, maintenance men and maids. I wish I had the names of all the employees who helped me, but in particular, Elle was awesome. She checked me in and out and was extremely professional, friendly and efficient. The room was small, but clean and nice. The location was great..convenient to the airport, downtown and less than 30 min from the beach. The pool was large and the cabanas were fantastic. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We are proud to be a Torch Bearer Award winner this past year which is a top honor within our IHG family for excellence in service. We are so pleased you were able to experience our staff upholding that award and striving to exceed your expectations at every turn. Elle is an outstanding associate and will continue to welcome you back on your next trip!