“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Traverse City, Michigan
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent two relaxing days at this hotel this month. It is everything a hotel should be: Clean, comfortable, accommodating, reasonably priced, peaceful. The staff was pleasant and helpful -- especially Latasha, a front desk staff member who helped us with a reservation matter. We look forward to returning in the future

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to review your relaxing stay with us. We are thrilled our staff and accommodations added to your enjoyable getaway. It is a tremendous accomplishment to our staff when they are specifically mentioned and will ensure they continue providing the outstanding service for others that you experienced. We look forward to your return next time your in the Tampa area!

Best Regards,
Amanda Keyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Colts Neck, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked a four star hotel. After a long day of traveling, we arrived at the hotel in the late evening. Nothing was open to have a bite to eat in the hotel. The front desk could not recommend a place nearby. Thank goodness for Yelp! When we arrived at our room we were appalled! Cinder block walls! View of the roof! Two double beds .......not the queens that were advertised.... Mini bathroom... Yikes!!! This was not a four star hotel!! It was not even close!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel! There are many nearby!
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank popcorncjl
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your night with us. Despite your disappointment with the room type and view, we hope that the world- class service you experienced was able to shine through. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Best Regards,
Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay In a secluded location just south of the airport and near great restaurants like Seasons 22 and near the mall. Breakfast buffet is usually included and is hot standard American. However one drawback ~ no washer and dryer on site.

Very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We welcome feedback as we are always interesting in hearing how we can improve the experience for our guests. We are so glad you were able to interact with our friendly staff; we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Tampa!

Warm Regards,
Kingston Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The shuttle was fast from the airport and checkin was fast and easy. Our room was at the end, so probably a bit smaller. We had a king bed that was comfy. The bathroom had a shower where the bathub used to be. Water pressure was OK but not great. The hotel provided a shuttle for a 3 mile radius and it was great, allowed for a selection of restaurants not within walking distance of the hotel! Breakfast buffet was plentiful, slightly different selection for the 2 mornings. Staff was friendly. Within walking disance to a good mall! Hotel provided a shutte to the cruise port at 10$ per person. I would definately stay here again.

Munster, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We only stayed one night, needing somewhere close to the airport. This worked very well for us. We had a room on the 9th floor, which was quiet, clean, the bed comfortable and the room size generous. The staff member at the reception desk was courteous. The waitstaff in the restaurant were pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you don't mind water bugs I think the hotel and room are great. The rooms were well cleaned daily, the hotel staff were great, the beds and linins were comfy, hotel is a short ride to the airport, and breakfast was satisfactory. Now the only issue I encountered...

During my stay I stayed in one of the Cabana suites on the first floor. Unfortunately every night I would hear light movements along or in the wall which I assumed were some the numerous water bugs I've found daily throughout my stay. I called the front desk and notified them of the problem, and they transferred me to a superviosor who stated they could move me the next available evening (a Wednesday night). When I showed up Wednesday night, they had no record of me switching rooms and they could not move me until the following week because everything was booked.

In conclusion, if you do decide to stay here don't stay on the first floor if you can't deal with the water bugs.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor in the Cabana Suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santo Domingo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I found a very good deal using LMT Club, and even though the breakfast wasn't included I decided to use it because it was conveniently located near to airport and other main places that I needed to go because it's in the center of the city.

I went to Tampa to take an exam in the University of Tampa, and Crowne Plaza is around 5 to 10 minutes away. So for me was great, and it's also 5 to 7 minutes away from the airport but what I loved is that isn't that closed that you hear the planes.

It's also close to Ybor City, which is a great place to enjoy very good foods and drinks, and the buildings amazing.

The hotel was very clean, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. I arrived late because a delay in the airport, and I received my bedroom as soon as I arrived. They have a very nice restaurant/bar called "Mojito", that many people from the city goes there to hang out. I ate there, and the service was excellent, the food was good although I think it was a lil bit expensive).

The hotel has a very nice pool, I didn't use it but I was crazy to use it. I was confused about the gym, because it seemed that it's required to pay $7.00/day, but you should ask because I forgot to do it.

They have free Internet and parking.

What I didn't like is that at least my bedroom didn't have a refrigerator, and most of the hotels have one (and for the daily rate they should). Also, the standard bedroom with two beds, the beds aren't size Queen, but Full. This won't matter if the two people will sleep separately, but in my case there weren't bedrooms available with 1 King bed, so they gave me a standard room with two beds.