“Totally exceeded expectations”

Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
Ranked #21 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My girlfriend and I needed a place to stay while we look for places to live in Tampa (moving there for business). I hadn't previously stayed at a Crown Plaza so we weren't expecting much and we were just hoping for a decent place to stay. To our biggest surprise this hotel was AWESOME. Our reservations were handled by Jackie and she is fantastic. The entire staff is beyond friendly and courteous. The parking lot, lobby, elevator and, most important, the room was CLEAN. There's even a nice lil restaurant in the lobby. We asked for a late checkout and were accomodated with no issues (normally a hassle in most other hotels). I can't say one bad thing about this place and my girfriend and I wiil defintely be staying here for the few more trips we need to make until we decide where we will be moving to in Tampa.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Unfortunately the CP got knocked down a bit this stay, and I also sent an email to IC's customer service with no response yet.
No hot water to be found for whatever reason, and a cold 4am shower isn't much fun. Speaking of the shower - the shower door wouldn't stay closed and there was mold/mildew present, definitely not up to Crowne Plaza's cleanliness standards.
As always though, the staff is very friendly and very helpful, they let me print my boarding pass on the printer behind the desk since the business center printer was malfunctioning. Airport shuttle is always a nice setup.

Disappointing to knock them down from a 5 to a 3, but this was definitely an 'average' stay and not an exceptional stay.

Jim & Colette

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ColetteAndJim
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The hotel is ...okay but the service was outstanding. Amanda, Dani, Jan, and Christian made the trip outstanding. The shuttle service was free and extremely convenient. Thanks to these exemplary employees for making my stay (and the 100 othersbwith me) like a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2011

First, let me say that the service and staff were excellent. All staff were friendly and helpful. At one point, I was looking for a drug store and general directions. I had planned to walk. The desk clerk greeted me, by name, and said one of the staff would drive me. It would have been a short, easy walk. But, I opted for the ride and the young man was very polite. I give them all a rating of "10." Every one was warm and greeted you by name.

However, the facility itself was lacking. The motel 6 chain is good for $35.00 rooms. If you pay $35 bucks, you expect a $35.00 room. If you pay 2 1/2 - 3 times that, you expect a little more. The room was very small. The bathroom, though, was modern and nice. The rest of the space, not so much. At some point, there had been a problem in the ceiling. There was a large, sloppy patch job (about 1 x 2 feet) directly over the bed. There must have only been two electrical outlets in the room. I noticed in the full length mirror that there was a surge protector under the bed. It was not flat on the floor, but suspended by the cords plugged in to it. In that part of the room, there were at least two lamps, another phone, and clock radio. By the desk, the TV, one telephone, two lamps, and something else were plugged in to a surge protector. To use the coffee pot, you had to unplug some thing. The surge protector was located on the floor, between the dresser and desk in a space about 12 - 18 inches wide. I banged my left shoulder on the corner of the desk while standing after I plugged in the coffee pot. This had a short cord, so the surge strip hung in the air when the coffee pot was plugged in. Safety was my concern here. I noticed, later, that the little packages of sugar, creamer, etc. had been opened and the stirers were missing.

At the end of the day, the staff was great. The room was not worth the price of almost $100/night. The front of the building was nice. The back, just another motel with outside access to rooms. I was in the front section, so was "inside" the building.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler1009
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Staff makes ya feel like your right at home. One of the best places to stay when you in the Tampa and Clearwater area. Clean room, Friendly staff and etc.

Room Tip: Just ask
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel was awful. The staff was rude and unhelpful and the rooms were small and smelled like mildew. Our experience was so bad that we will never stay at another Crowne Plaza hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shannonashley74
CPTW5303, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Good Afternoon,

I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the team at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore. The poor service you described during your stay, is not a common occurence at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback in order to improve upon our services.

Our hotel is currently ranked in the Top Ten in the Nation for our guest service and we are truly sorry for your unpleasant experience. The reviews previously written from other hotel guests prove we strive to deliver the best guest service.

We ask that you don't loose faith in the Crowne Plaza brand and hope to have you in the future as our guest if you are willing to reconsider.

Warm Regards,

Melissa Golub
Guest Service Director

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Very close to airport, clean, very nice staff .. only stayed one day and night but would return based on the convenience of location. Literally three minutes to airport .. 10 minutes to ANY restaurant you could imagine .. right off causeway going to St. Pete .. Good value for money

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business