“Perfect Trip”
Review of Westin Tampa Bay

Westin Tampa Bay
Ranked #47 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel was perfect for what I needed on the trip. Very close to the airport with a provided prompt, convenient shuttle. Road or plane noise was not noticed or an issue, however.

Rooms and bathroom were what you expect from a Westin - nice, clean and comfortable. Desks have easy access charging stations for computers and phones. Onsite restaurant, bar and Starbucks were all convenient and well liked by the entire party. Valet parking was inexpensive and quick.

Overall, a hotel I would certainly recommend and stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello Wain2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your very kind words. Your comments and your 5/5 rating are very much appreciated and certainly validate the joy we feel each time that we are able to provide our guests with personal service and lasting memories. We hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is an excellent hotel to stay in the area. I'll break it down into three categories room, location and service.

Room: I lived on the SPG floor so I had excellent views of the bay from my room. Since the hotel is fairly new, the rooms have the new Westin style and are nice and spacious.
Location: Tampa isn't a big city but the location of this city is pretty central. Its five minutes from the airport There are several restaurants and bars in the area but the main drag is only about 12 minutes away at South Howard (SoHo). We went fishing on one of the days and the docks were a 10 minute drive from the hotel.
Service: Parking is dirt cheap for a Westin at $5 per day for both valet and self. I only had the brunch at the restaurant (Aqua) but it was really good. Staff is friendly as you would expect at a Westin but they were also extremely accommodating arranging for taxi's as and when we needed it.

Overall, really nice hotel and totally worth staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rocky Sh,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to extend my gratitude for your loyalty to the Westin Brand and for taking the time to wtite such nice comments about your recent stay.
By covering the three catagories as you did you have certainly given everyone a very good visual of your experience and of what they can expect prior to staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future and thanks again!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I want to thank Eugene because he was very helpful with some needs before my arriving at Westin. The weekend I stayed at the Westin was I do the proposal to my girlfriend, and He help me to arrange something prior to my arriving. He is a very value employee for the hotel. Eugene thanks once again.

German Cardenas

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear German C C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how Eugene went above and beyond to make your stay all that more special. We are very proud of all of our Associates and Eugene consistently sets the pace when it comes to providing personal and instinctive service. Rest assured that he has been recognized for his efforts and we all thank you for your gracious 5/5 rating. Hopefully, we will see you in the very near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

As expected good service and rooms clean. View is spectacular. Nice restaurant/ bar. Mitchell was outstanding at the bar. Restaurant a little slow but it isFlorida so it is expected.
Down the hotel there is a Bahama Breeze restaurant perfectly located.

• Stayed: July 2013
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Isantiago,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your very kind words. Your review will be shared with our entire team and will continue to provide the motivation to help us all raise the bar even higher. Please visit us againa soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This stay has been one of our most enjoyable and pleasant trips thanks in part due to the excellent service and staff. I write editorials for a national motorcycle magazine in reference to travel and in particular motorcycle friendly establishments...I will definitely not only recommend yours highly but use you and your sister properties whenever available in my travels. The fact that I was allowed to park a 35K $ bike under the eve right outside the door near your valets & night security was an in valuable courtesy extended to me. Further, I would specifically like to complement three of your staff for "above and beyond" service: A waiter in the restraint here, Steve, and two of your maintenance staff, Allen & Benny Marrero. My wife travels with me and is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's which presents a special set of "challenges. Just let me say these three individuals were invaluable in helping see to it that I was free to take care of my business in town without worry and for my wife to thoroughly enjoy her stay as well. A special thanks to those three individuals .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is my first choice of hotel stay. It is very close to the airport (4m) and easy access to other locations. The rooms are updated, clean. The view from the club lounge is outstanding. The workout facility is awesome. The restaurant offers great seafood. You cant go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear CAgal_13,

Thank you for your very kind words and for your awesome 5/5 rating!! Both have been shared with our Associates and they are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we all look forward to your return in the near future. we are anxious and prepared to do what we can to remain your "first choice" !!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Westin Tampa Bay is an excellent hotel. It is in a convenient location not far from the airport. My room had a beautiful view of Tampa Bay. The room is perfect for business including a comfortable bed and a great shower. The workout room is the best I have seen with all brand new aerobic equipment. The staff is very attentive and friendly.

You will enjoy your stay at this Westin -- worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Steve H,

Your kind comments and 5/5 rating are very much appreciated. What is more important is the fact that you enjoyed your visit and had a relaxing stay. Feeling rejuvinated is essential in being able to guarantee a successful business trip. The Heavenly bed, Heavenly shower and Westin workout are all designed to contribute to that rejuvination. We look forward to your return visit and in the meantime.....