“Fresh, clean, well-lit large bathroom” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Tampa Bay

Westin Tampa Bay
Ranked #32 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Carmel, Indiana
“Fresh, clean, well-lit large bathroom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very fresh, clean property, professional and helpful staff. The bathroom is large and well-lit! One of my pet peeves is dim bathrooms in hotels. I carry my own lighted makeup mirror when I travel, and I left it in my suitcase, didn't need it! Our view was great, of the bay and the little beach area. The hotel is dead quiet. It was pretty full, and we never heard a sound while in our room. I didn't check on the pool before we booked since we were there for a family event, but there was a day we had some down time and were disappointed to learn that the pool is indoor. That's the only reason I'm not giving it a 5. We love Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the bay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RQR08
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hello RQRO8,

Thank you for your very kind words and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is also great to know that you found our hotel to be fresh and clean with bright bathrooms. I can understand your disappointment in discovering that we did not have an outdoor pool. But our indoor pool gets quite a bit of use when the weather is not all that great. I guess that best case would be to have one of each. Until then, it is great to know that we have a Starbucks :)
Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Westin for five days. The hotel was very nice and clean, and our room had a nice view of the bay. The beds were very comfortable to sleep in. It is located close to the Tampa airport. It is also just minutes away from major roads. There is a five dollar parking charge each day. Be careful of the parking spaces, as they are very close together! There is Internet access for the hotel, but you have to be in the lobby area only. If you wish to have Internet access in your room, there is a charge of $10 a day. I found this to be a little pricey. There is a Starbucks downstairs next to the hotel lobby. In my opinion, this hotel accommodates more business people than families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovin_lifealways1313
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Laura G,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words. Our famous Heavely Beds do make for a comfortable sleep which is obviously a major factor when selecting a "nice place to stay". The five dollar parking charge is for either self or valet parking if you feel that the self-park spaces are a little too tight. We look forward to your return in the near future.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my second stay at the Westin Tampa Bay, both times for business travel. The hotel is convenient to the Tampa Airport, about 10-15 minutes away. The Westin beds are very comfortable and I look forward to staying at the hotel just for the beds. The views overlook the Bay and make the room even more enjoyable.

The only real negative to me is the charge for internet access - $10 per day per device. I bring my work computer and iPad so it would cost $20 per day for the internet and I'm there for three days. Westin Tampa Bay, you've got to be kidding . . .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yorkies D
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear YorkiesD,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we are happy to hear that you find out hotel to be convenient and enjoyable. We enjoy having you as our guest as well and look forward to your return. I am sorry that you are unhappy with the $10 internet charge, but I can assure you that this price is extremely competitive with the daily fee at the other upscale hotels in Tampa as well as all of the Westin hotels throughout North America. However, once you reach Gold or Platinum SPG status, the option to waive this fee exists. I appreciate your understanding.
Regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at all the other Starwood properties in the Tampa Bay area, so thought I would try this relatively new hotel. It is only 15 minutes from downtown Tampa and 10 minutes from the Tampa Airport. $5 self or valet parking. Quiet. Good water views. Easy access to major highways. Typical Westin quality which is a good thing. I really enjoyed the Club Lounge on the 15th floor for breakfast. Check in and out was easy with no lines and friendly service. As SPG Platinum member, was upgraded to junior suite. Price for 1 night was more expensive than I would have expected for the area.

Nothing particularly impressive about property. It was what I expected except Club Lounge was a nice touch. Will likely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PAQ
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello PAQ,
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and for staying with us during your most recent visit to Tampa. Your kind comments and the time that you spent to share them are both very much appreciated. We look forward to your return to the Westin the next time that you have reason to stay in Tampa.
Be Well,
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business a few weeks ago and found the location to be very close to the Airport and offer all conveniences. Rooms were very comfortable, bathroom was spacious with a separate shower and tub. Having a Starbucks onsite was a bonus for a quick coffee and bite to eat vs. a full american breakfast.

Great stay !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ottyb
Hello Ottyb,

We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and that you found your room to be comfortable and spacious. It also sounds as though the Starbucks was an added plus. Please visit us again soon or the next time that your travels bring you to Tampa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend, and had a wonderful experience! The views from this hotel are lovely (especially at sunset) and everyone we encountered was very friendly. We had some issues with our TV and the engineering tech was extremely friendly (I wish I could remember his name!) and when they weren't able to fix our TV, he assisted us in moving to another room. Hotel is close to various restaurants and activities. We would definitely stay here again and look forward to doing so!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind comments. They have been shared with our entire team along with your gracious 5 star rating. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that we contributed to making your birthday a very happy one!! Hopefully you will be able to return again in the very near future.
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This westin looks like it is on the beach. It has a "beach", but it is on the water with a gorgeous location. It has a beach to sit near to relax and have a drink. It is conveniently located to get to St. Petersburg, Tampa, downtown Tampa and Clearwater. At first I was worried that it wasn't near anything to walk to, but realized that we could drive most anywhere quickly. Great location. Great service, great food and drinks. I wish they would buy a blender, however. A Pina Colada by the water would have fit the bill. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank creeksideJ
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello creeksideJ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind words. It certainly makes the entire Team very happy to know that your visit was enjoyable and that you plan to stay with us again. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the very near future.
Be well,