“Wish I could have stayed there!!!”
Review of Westin Tampa Bay

Westin Tampa Bay
Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Came to The westin to have lunch at their restaurant which was referred to me by a friend. I must say after my experience from all of the employees there, I will definitely be staying there next time. From the moment i walked through the front doors, I was welcomed with a smile. All the employees seemed so happy to be there.
The restaurant had an amazing view and the food was wonderful! Although I was eating alone my server Aldo really took care of me. He seemed very young, but knew so much about the different wines they offered. He suggested a northwest riesling which has now become my new favorite.
Overall, I had a memorable experience at the westin. Now i wish i hadnt stayed at the Doubletree.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear jessica w,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your opinion of your brief visit . I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch and that Aldo made you feel welcome. Hopefully your plans will allow you to return to Tampa in the near future and, if so, we look forward to the opportunity of having you be our guest.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed here for business and have loved my experience. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff are all very welcoming and courteous. The beach is lovely and makes travelling for business a little more enjoyable! My one complaint would be that there is not complimentary wireless - it costs $9.95 per day and the connection in the hotel rooms is horrible! The WiFi at the restaurant was much better. I found that I had to sit close to the restaurant in order to get a good connection. I ended up doing a lot of work at the restaurant rather than in my hotel room as I would've preferred. Overall, a great experience. If the wifi were better, I would mark it 5/5. I would also love to see a spa in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear A P,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank you for selecting the Westin Tampa Bay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and that you found our Staff to be very welcoming and courteous. I would like to also apologize for any issues that you had with the WIFI while you were in your room. We will certainly look into the matter to see if we are/were having some intermittent problems or if there was an usually high demand on the bandwidth. Nonetheless, the problem should not have occurred. Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to serve you again and please let us know if you encounter any problems during your stay so that we can correct them immediately.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Great location, great service, Starwood points and a private beach outside one of Tampa's best restaurants. Ask for a waterview room and take advantage of the great workout facility. the hotels location is a little different in between Tampa and St. Pete but tthe proximity to the airport is great! Grab a jet ski and enjoy your time here!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Pechorin L,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are a major incentive for our entire team to continue to raise the bar and provide service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. Hopefully, your travels will allow you to visit Tampa again soon as we will look forward to having you as our guest once more.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed here on numerous occasions for business. It is so easy, clean, comfortable, modern...exactly what you want for a few days out of town.

The rooms are soooo comfortable, with great beds and pillows. The bathrooms are modern and spacious.

I should add that I have rarely eaten there, so I can't comment on the restaurants or food.

As for the location, it offers wonderful views. It is perfect for business in the area, from the Tampa Bay airport to cross the causeway. It is very close to the airport, and I'd rather use their shuttle to get away from the airport. It gives you the feel of being on a Florida vacation. Their shuttle starts quite early and should be good enough for most morning flights.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary M
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Gary M.,

Your comments, loyalty and kind words are very much appreciated. We are also very pleased to see that your stays have been enjoyable and have hopefully left you feeling refreshed when you leave. Our goal is to always provide service that is personal and instinctive so please let us know how we can enhance your impressions in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Westin is excellent! - beautiful hotel and service. Great amenities and location. Very nice touches around the hotel. This is a very new hotel, clean with well-appointed amenities. Good to have a Starbuks as well. Well Done! thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith W
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel during Spring Training. I realized that I never posted a review and I wanted to share my thoughts on our new go to hotel in Tampa. Our plan was to stay for 2 nights and drive to Miami and spend 2 days before we flew back to NY. We ended up adding one more night and then adding one more for a 4 night stay. The location is convenient and even though its next to a main road it didnt feel that way. I can't give it 5 stars because its just not a 5 star location or type of hotel. But, once you step inside you can completely forget that. There is a Starbucks onsite which is always a plus for me and an area on the bay where you can have coffee in the morning while the sun comes up and then at night it turns into an adult space for cocktails outdoors. Really lovWe will definitely be back next spring.

Two things to note...I wish we had a balcony and breakfast wasn't great in the restaurant but there were more than enough choices in the area. You definitely need a car but its a great place to start and end your day. We saw people in the water but we skipped that. Really loved it for a quick weekend and a great place to come back to after a day of baseball or shopping. We will definitely be back next spring.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shopbound
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Shopbound,

On behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your thoughts even after several months have passed. Your comments have been shared with our Associates and they certainly provide the incentive to help us all continue to raise the bar. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring as well and having the opportunity to provide you with service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive.

Ron Alicandro,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived after five pm, had to wait because room was not ready. Arrived into room, it had a beautiful view of the sunset. Room was spacious and super cleaned, included both shower and bathtub. All the staff were wonderful and welcoming. After four days and three nights we received our bill. We didn't think anything of the bill because all of our charges were on it as well as charges for everything that was stocked in the fridge (Mini-bar). We figured incidentals, and it would be cleared once they realize we hadn't consumed any of their snacks or beverages, minus the heineken my 14 month old got a hold of and threw, it busted open in the bathroom. I expected to pay for the beer, our room service and parking. Instead the final charges were all snacks and beverages. I called the front desk and she said that we were charged for everything in the mini bar and that her manager would take a look at everything when he got in and get back to me..

Room Tip: I am pretty sure no matter what room you receive you should have a great view. Water pretty much sur...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Corrina R

Dear Corrina R.,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. However, I would like to apologize for the errors made on your final bill and the fact that it put a damper on what may have been an excellent overall stay. Hopefully, you will not let this stand in the way of allowing us to serve you in the future.

Ron Alicandro