“This place is amazing!”

Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
West Palm Beach, Florida
“This place is amazing!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this Westin for a week recently. The staff was so accomodating. My visit was because I went to Tampa to have surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. Everyone at the Westin understood the needs of the surgical patient. My room needs were accomodated way beyond my expectations. The food in the hotel restaurant was very good, and they did a great job of breakfast. Having a Starbucks there was also a big plus.
The hotel was clean, and the bed was so comfortable, I was able to sleep pre and post op without a problem.
When I checked out, I got hugs from the staff because they could see how successful my surgery was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryAnn913
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear MaryAnn913,

We hope that your recovery is progressing nicely and that your procedure went better than you and the Doctors expected. Your kind words are very much appreciated and have been shared with our Staff along with my thanks and gratitude. We look forward to having you visit us in the future but under different cicumstances.

Warm Regards,
Ron Alicandro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a wonderful stay for the Phillies Spring training, the valet and housekeeping staffs were fantastic, the Bar Staff needs more training were pretty unfamiliar with the menu and drinks. In addition I found the front office staff to be completely rude and when i asked the concierge for dinner suggestions close by she pointed at a book full of the "popular" spots, a few of the menus were of restaurants that were no longer open!

Ask the valet staff for local spots that are not too touristy, would return but with no thanks to the Front office or Bar staff, they are lucky location is everything

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren P
Dear Lauren P.,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your stay with us during Spring Training. Although you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable I am sorry to hear that we fell short when it came to all of our Staff being as familiar with the menu and the local area as they should be. Comments such as yours are very helpful when it comes to determining the areas where we need to place a stronger emphasis both during training and on an on going basis.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the Spring.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel has many things you'll need - a restaurant on site, a Starbucks in the lobby, self-parking, and a great gym! Everything is environmental friendly! The best part of the room, there is a separate tub and shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Uriel05
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Uriel05,

Thank you for your kind words and for returning to stay with us again. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts as we make it a point of passing them along to our entire team. Comments such as your provide strong inspiration for all of us to continue to provide service that is personal and instinctive. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stay here every time I am in Tampa. It is convenient to the airport. This is typical great Westin property. THe rooms are spacious and well appointed. The executive lounge is a plus. The staf is great. Only negative is the parking. They basically force you to valet. This is by far, the best business hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AaronKNYC
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear AaronKNYC,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your thoughts. And the truest compliment that you could pay us is your loyalty by staying with us every time that you stay in Tampa. We look forward to seeing you again and again and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to make your future visits as personal and as instinctive as possible.

Ocala, florida
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Right now...we are sitting at the beach outside the hotel. Westin is very nice, quite modern and interesting. We can see Airplanes taking off from Tampa International, fish jumping, a guy getting on a jet ski, etc. Dinner was excellent, breakfast delicious, and we will do Sunday Brunch before we leave. This hotel has excellent staff and service and overall is superb.

Room...bed excellent, high tech work table, shower perfect, tv..right in front of bed...great little seating area and the view very good. Watched this little back bay and saw lots of large fish or dolphins trying to catch breakfast...Sunset was awesome.

Sounds pretty good...well..it was.

Food...nice bar...excellent sandwiches...great dessert...very nice modern atmosphere..Breakfast was a nice buffet...a bit expensive...but that was fine...

Overall...this is a very nice hotel in a great location...on Tampa Bay...near the airport..with easy access to the gulf beaches..

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jimmmbobb
Hello Jimmmbobb,

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us and for taking the time to "paint a picture" which gave us a true visual of what you were experiencing. It is certainly comments such as yours that provide all of us with the desire to raise the bar so that all families who are our guests leave the Westin Tampa Bay feeling as revitalized as you and your family did. We look forward to your next stay with us and always feel free to let us know how we did. Rest assured that your opinion is valued and appreciated.

RonAlicandro
Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Westin Tampa Bay was fantastic from the start. I was really nervous about bringing my 2 year old English Bulldog, George, to a hotel for the first time. My boyfriend and I were moving to Tampa from Virginia and needed to stay in a hotel for a few days while waiting for our furniture to arrive. The hotel staff was INCREDIBLE upon arrival. They were so welcoming to both myself and George and made me feel so comfortable about having him there. There was a wonderful spot to walk him right outside the building which made taking him out really easy. They even brought him his own doggie bed! The room was absolutely gorgeous and had stunning views of the bay even though we were on the "lowest" floor for guest rooms (8th floor). Every member of the staff we encountered was courteous, helpful, and attentive. The restaurant is great and having the Starbucks inside the hotel is glorious. There isn't a single thing I would have changed about our stay. It really made the transition between states much easier and I want to thank everyone at the Westin for such a fabulous experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello kah89 and Welcome to Tampa.
We truly hope that all three of you are enjoying our Sunny City and finding it as friendly as we did when we (most of us) relocated here from other parts of the Country. Speaking of friendly, I would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experiences at The Westin Tampa Bay. It was truly our pleasure to provide you with the level of hospitality which you have come to expect from Westin Hotels and Resorts. Your comments have been shared with our team and heve served as an inspiration to raise the bar even higher. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.

PS. Our Front Desk Staff wanted me to say hello to George. I am sorry that i did not meet him.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a bag of mixed feelings for me. I am very service oriented and that is where this hotel lost it for me.

Hotel location: next to busy highway and don't let the pictures fool you, there is no "beach," as it is a patch of sand next to the highway with some chairs on it.

Service: Front desk staff was ok, not overly welcoming. Very dry in delivery, not a great first impression. Restaurant staff: they are the definition of bad service. No one came over to get my drink order for 15 minutes even though the restaurant was empty. Ordered wine, they fought with me and said it wasn't on the menu, I pointed to it, they rolled their eyes and walked off. Food took forever, cold when it came out....it was just a gross experience.

Rooms: We booked a suite and it was great! Super clean, great decor, big space, comfy bed, spacious bathroom with dual head glass shower and separate tub, great amenities. The room was the shining star of our stay.

The reason we will most likely be back is that this is a very, very nice option for a pet-friendly hotel. They didn't charge me extra for my dog, brought him a comfy gig bed and bowls and he was very happy and comfortable.

Again, mixed feelings on this one but will most likely be back.

• Stayed May 2012
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear DOC2003,

Thank you for taking the time to share your mixed bag of experiences with us from your recent visit. It is truly disappointing to hear that we fell short in the areas of service at the Front Desk and in The Restaurant. I can assure you that steps have already been taken to correct those matters and your comments were shared with the team members in those areas. It is only through constructive comments, such as yours, that enable us to improve our service levels and achieve the goals that we and our guests have come to expect..
On the other hand, it is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your suite and being able to enjoy your visit with your dog and that the amentities provided made him feel at home.
We look forward to your nrxt visit and appreciate the fact that you will be giving us another chance to provide you with service nothing short of personal and instinctive.