Westin Tampa Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsaqua restaurantprivate beachindoor poolseparate tubfront deskclose to the airportheavenly bedthe club loungebahama breezeself parkingroom servicebeautiful hotelinternational plaza mallbusiness travelminute drivefitness centershuttle service
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I am a Marriott Platinum member and it has been years since I stayed at a Westin. I had forgotten how nice they really are. They invented the Heavenly Bed and the curved shower curtain rod (that all the other chains copied) and I appreciate their attention to comfort. This Westin is no exception - great room, excellent service, just really, really nice. I took advantage of the Fitness Clothing rental, and was pleasantly surprised. I brought my own gear in case I was grossed out by using rental gear, but I received brand new clothes and shoes (tags still attached) for only a $5 rental fee. The ability to leave my running shoes and clothing at home will keep me coming back to Westin whenever I can in the future.

Nice job Westin. You have won a former customer back!

• Stayed: July 2012
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Im John Hime,

Welcome Back!! I am sorry that you were gone for a while and rest assured that we missed you.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. I am happy that your visit was pleasant and I will be certain to pass your comments along to our entire team. It is also great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our New Balance Gear Lending Program which has become a very popular amentity. As you know, Westin will continue to be on the cutting edge when it comes to providing all of our guests with service that is personal and instinctive. We hope to see you again in the very near future and remember to leave your workout gear at home:)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We held a meeting at this location. It is very close to the airport. The views from either side of the hotel are really great. During the meeting the hotel was very flexible and able to make adjustments to the rooms or meals. Everyone was very professional and sincere about great customer service. Rooms are clean and modern and a nice size if staying several days. Would definitely consider having future meetings at this location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear dcarp07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Tampa Bay. Comments such as yours, as I am certain you can imagine, provide a great deal of encouragement to the staff and give us all an added incentive to continue to raise the bar. I am especially pleased to hear the you found our Associates to be flexible, professional and courteous and I can assure you that I am anxious to share those comments with the Team. We all look forward to serving you in the future and hopefully remain your Number One choice for hotels in Tampa.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Loved this hotel! My husband and I and our two children chose to stay here while visiting Tampa for a few days. Very nice hotel, clean, modern, nice Starbucks in lobby, great restaurant, great staff. Indoor pool and hot tub were very well maintained and clean. Could have had better seating in the pool area. Rooms were spacious and clean. Bathroom was very spacious with a separate tub and shower. We thought the location was great, as it was a quick drive to everything we wanted to do. Nice outdoor area on the bay with a beach area as well. Great price for the quality of the hotel. Great experience and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Traci H,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Tampa Bay for your recent family get away to Tampa. Your comments are very kind and very much appreciated and you can rest assured that they will be shared with our entire team. I am especially happy to hear that you were pleased with nearly every aspect of the hotel because our goal is to provide every guest with service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. Feedback such as yours is extremely helpful and demonstates, to all of our Associates, that their efforts and hard work are truly appreciated. Your loyalty is appreciated as well and we all look forward to having the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the very near future. We hope that you have a great remainder of the summer.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The place is new and clean. Rooms are spacious and modern with a nice bay view but with the highwáy kind of in the middle. Not much to do around. The restaurant in the hotel "Aqua" is decent, although it closes early ( considering we were on vacation and young)

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear yyttpp,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. Our guestrooms begin on the 8th floor of the hotel and they all have waterviews. This enables us to assure every guest that their view will be as enjoyable as yours. Hopefully you will be staying with us in the future and if you do, please be reminded that we do provide complimentary shuttle service to and from all of the restaurants, clubs as well as both malls which are all located in the Westshore District and less than 3 miles away. I apologize if we fell short by not making you aware of that service while you were here. Thank you again for your comments and for visiting the Westin Tampa Bay. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a great hotel if you just want a fresh modern looking place to sleep. I was impressed because it was so new but I only needed a quick place to sleep after being at the beach all day. However if this was my vacation place I'd be really depressed because the pool in indoors. The beach faces the main highway, however they do have great water sports activities there so if your planning on getting out on the water then it would be good. Their breakfast was pretty good but the waitress was not very nice and actually made us feel like a burden. Overall it was okay. Very pretty modern hotel though.

Room Tip: they have beautiful bay views!!! Pick a room with a view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Luvn2travl4

Dear Luvn2travl4,

Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased with your overall experiemce and that you appreciated the modern fresh feel of the rooms as well as the Bayviews which all of our guestrooms offer. Our guestrooms begin on the 8th floor and they all have waterviews. I agree that the watersport activities can be a great deal of fun especially since you are able to ride the boats and wave runners out into the open bay. The indoor pool although not out in the sunlight is quite popular during inclement weather or when those afternoon storms come rolling in. I guess that the ideal scenario would be to have and indoor and an outdoor pool which is not out of the realm of possibility. It sounds as though we fell short with the service aspect of your breakfast and for that I would certainly like to extend my apologies. All comments are reviewed with our Associates on a daily basis and both the compliments and constructive comments are helpful. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.