“Great shuttle service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great shuttle service”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We arrived by AMTRAK. Their shuttle service is complimentary and they will shuttle you anywhere within 6 miles. They picked us up and took us to the hotel. Later, we had them shuttle us to the Hard Rock casino. Then we called and they came and picked us up. Next day they shuttled us back to the Train station. They were very accommodating and friendly. Room was nice and clean and breakfast was pretty good...kind of stingy with the bananas. Note that they will also shuttle to the FL State Fairgrounds which is several blocks away. We could have also had them shuttle us to Bern's or the Columbia in Ybor City.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Oakland Park, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was a very nice place the only thing I misunderstood is I thought we were to have a suite but it was a standard room. But the people were very friendly and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast also was pretty nice.
I would stay again when traveling though.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The room was very clean. The hotel was lovely. Workers were very friendly. Appreciated the shuttle service to the casino. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was very nice, & the area was very clean. The hand towels need to be replaced,very worn.
My son requested a note on the bill to say Happy Anniversary, never appeared, since to our surprise he paid for the stay as an Anniversary Gift. Was not aware of this until today Feb 7th when I spoke to him.
Ruth & Herbert (Timmy) Z

Room Tip: Our room was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed there Jan 10-11 to attend Granddaughter's concert at the Convention Center. The hotel was close to the Hard Rock and also the Convention Center. The room was clean with a comfortable bed. The Breakfast was quite good. The Shuttle Service was excellent, taking us to the Columbia Restaurant Friday evening and to the Convention Center on Saturday saving us the problem of parking. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and very helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

the front desk personnel when checking in was highly disengaged even though no one else there. I'm a platinum elite, no upgrade...put me in a room right next to the elevator. The next morning the parking lot was not even half full. I asked for a bottle of water when checking in… Six dollars. No coffee-at 9 PM nor at 6 AM the next morning.when checking out-no bill under the door-had to wake up the clerk for printout. I will not be back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark G
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We deeply regret the experience you had and offer our sincere apology. We will continue to work harder to ensure no one will have an experience like this again. I will make sure the staff is properly recognizing platinum members at checking and advising when there is not a complimentary upgrade available. I hope that you are able to give us a second chance to prove that we do have a great hotel with excellent staff.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here during the World Poker Tour Regional event at the nearby Hard Rock Casino. Everything was perfect for my stay. I didn't need much, and got exactly what I'd hoped for. A nice amount of space, great tv channel selection, and it was relatively quiet. I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't stay here for a more traditional vacation as it's not really close to anything. It's in the middle of a business area. This didn't bother me as I was in town to play cards. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex B
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am glad our location suited your needs. I hope you did well in the poker tournament! Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a weekend. The rooms are very clean, staff were very polite and courteous. We stayed in a double bed room. They provided a pack n play for my baby which I loved, because I didn't have to pack her's, which made it one less thing to pack with a 14 month old. They offer complimentary breakfast in the mornings, which was a plus. Great selection for breakfast. They also have a waffle station, which I enjoyed. Property is situated right of interstate 4 which I loved, made it easy to find places. There is Wendy's, Subway and Mac Donalds close by. You can also get to buy food at the Casino. You can also ask for a list of restaurants near by at the front desk. A plus was the Hard Rock Casino was 1 mile from this hotel and they offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel to Hard Rock Casino. This is a good hotel for a family weekend getaway.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank simmy928
Thank you for review. I am happy to hear your room was clean and comfortable. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We do all we can to make sure you're comfortable. I am glad the pack and play worked out for your little one! We pride ourselves in our staff; I am glad they were friendly and helpful. Please let us know when you come back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you, we appreciate the feedback!