“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #52 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night but rooms was very clean and quiet. They were in the process of renovations in the lobby but only looks to be getting better. Excellent customer service as we'll from each person we came in contact with. Would defiantly stay again when in area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and the location suited your needs. Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best holiday hotel stay in Tampa, fl. The front desk , hind casablanca, made it an exceptional one..
Great smile, wow personality and excellent driver ..we enjoyed her conversation during our short ride to the casino..btw, the shuttle is complimentary to the casino. .
Thanks to all the staff, great stay . We will come back next year .Tampa will be our Christmas holiday vacation stay.
Happy holidays to the Fairfield inn staff . Great job.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Thank you for recognizing Hind! I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
Long Neck, Delaware
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had a reservation for 2 nights and arrived at 1:15pm.......the outside of this property and the tiny pool area looked messy and dirty but I had a reservation and was a bit tired. Walked into the lobby and noticed a rotten food smell......clerk was not at front desk so I looked around and was surprised to see the breakfast area was still full of overflowing garbage cans and dirty serving area and dirty tables....it smelled like rotting garbage. Even over by the computers were still dirty cups and plates! Rewmember it was 1:15 in the afternoon!!!! Breakfast was over at 10 am!!! I asked if they had a room ready and was told NO ROOMS were ready yet.
At that point I cancelled my reservation and went elsewhere.....Hampton Inn had clean lobby, and clean rooms available.....Marriott you failed!!

Room Tip: cancelled my reservation...never made it to the room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank eliedoll
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. We deeply regret the experience you had and offer our sincere apology. After receiving your review, we have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again. I have also contacted you directly to gain additional feedback on this experience. We will continue to work harder to ensure no one will have an experience like this again. I hope that you are able to give us a second chance to prove that we do have a great hotel with excellent staff.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

in town for just one night to visit the casino. This is a beautiful, well kept property. The front desk was very helpful; I had gift cards and they were quite difficult to process but it was processed hassle free. Great job on the breakfast (ie refilling, etc)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2013

When we left home, it was 29 degrees. Got there, weather was beautiful warm in the high 70's. Location was in a business area and the room was smaller than expected. AC in our room wasn't working at all so we recheched in room next door where AC was working nicely. The free breakfast was decent with pastries, fresh apples and bananas, yogurt, & cereals. They had scrambled eggs and sausage patties but the scrambled eggs didn't look like real eggs so we didn't have any of it. When the lady brought out some fresh fruit salad, we thought it was a treat until we took a bite of it. I guess they sprayed some kind of fruit spray to keep them looking fresh, it was bitterly inedible. It was like that for the 3 mornings we were there.

It's a couple of blocks from the Hard Rock casino but we had a rental car so we didn't utilized their free shuttle which last pickup time is midnight.

Overall, we liked the staff and the location the hotel is in so we're fine with it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lricketson
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet. Your feedback helps us to keep improving, so on your next trip here you can better enjoy your breakfast experience with us. I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and the location suited your needs. Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed for one night recently for a casino weekend. Very nice, clean, comfortable hotel. Minutes from casino and fairgrounds. Free shuttle service. Very affordable. Will stay here again on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Was a good place to stay near the fairgrounds, casino, and busch gardnes in Tampa. The staff was friendky and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious even with 5 peiple in the room. The free breakfast was ok, a little better selection than someother hotels i have been to. It also had a good rate for the night. I did have to change my reservations to shorten my stay. However, that was easily done through the hotel web site. I will be staying here again when I come back to the Tampa area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for review. I am happy to hear your room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We pride ourselves in our staff; I am glad they were friendly and helpful. Please let us know when you come back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you, we appreciate the feedback!