Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #56 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 6, 2013

When we left home, it was 29 degrees. Got there, weather was beautiful warm in the high 70's. Location was in a business area and the room was smaller than expected. AC in our room wasn't working at all so we recheched in room next door where AC was working nicely. The free breakfast was decent with pastries, fresh apples and bananas, yogurt, & cereals. They had scrambled eggs and sausage patties but the scrambled eggs didn't look like real eggs so we didn't have any of it. When the lady brought out some fresh fruit salad, we thought it was a treat until we took a bite of it. I guess they sprayed some kind of fruit spray to keep them looking fresh, it was bitterly inedible. It was like that for the 3 mornings we were there.

It's a couple of blocks from the Hard Rock casino but we had a rental car so we didn't utilized their free shuttle which last pickup time is midnight.

Overall, we liked the staff and the location the hotel is in so we're fine with it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lricketson
Tyrell J, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet. Your feedback helps us to keep improving, so on your next trip here you can better enjoy your breakfast experience with us. I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and the location suited your needs. Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed for one night recently for a casino weekend. Very nice, clean, comfortable hotel. Minutes from casino and fairgrounds. Free shuttle service. Very affordable. Will stay here again on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Was a good place to stay near the fairgrounds, casino, and busch gardnes in Tampa. The staff was friendky and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious even with 5 peiple in the room. The free breakfast was ok, a little better selection than someother hotels i have been to. It also had a good rate for the night. I did have to change my reservations to shorten my stay. However, that was easily done through the hotel web site. I will be staying here again when I come back to the Tampa area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for review. I am happy to hear your room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We pride ourselves in our staff; I am glad they were friendly and helpful. Please let us know when you come back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you, we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with husband and son! Room was a good size with the most comfortable good sized bed ever so slept really well! Staff were very helpful and friendly! Excellent customer service! Check in was quick and the free shuttle is great! Took us to a local restaurant first night and into Ybor the next day! We also availed of the service to and from Busch gardens and we were disappointed as we had to wait 50 mins for shuttle back in the evening! The hotel breakfast is fine - it was really busy first morning and everything ran out so we waited ages and then it closed at 9am anyway so
We went out instead! Not a major deal but we just did not bother next two mornings! The gym
is small with 2 treadmills and one cross trainer but sufficed for our needs! The pool is icy cold which my son coped with for about 3 mins only but the hot tub was nice. I would say this is not really a tourist hotel but is a good business hotel - overall a bit disappointed as we are on holiday and would have liked better facilities! But that's a personal thing! The staff were so helpful sorted tickets and sorting us a Take away meal! Brilliant service so it's a 5 for that from me! From my perspective I would not use it again as not what we needed in a holiday hotel but I would recommend it for People on business / casino as a good value option!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of our staff. I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service. Sorry for the delay on the Busch Gardens pick up, we do try to reach all guests in a timely manner. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We enjoyed having your family stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Tampa.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Tampa and selected this hotel based on reviews here and other places, and are glad that we did. The room was very comfortable, except that the A/C was set at 65 degrees. When we got there after a day of sightseeing, we took a nap and woke up freezing! But we were able to change the temperature and were quickly warmed up. We loved the free shuttle and have to thank Calvin for his great service as he drove us to Ybor City for dinner (and picked us us later on) and told us a bit of history of the area; he has a good sense of humor and was extremely pleasant. USA Today paper is available. Breakfast in the morning was more than we expected, with scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own delcious waffles, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, breads, fruit, milk, juices, coffee, tea, and probably more that i didn't see. I would really like to get one of the those waffle makers for my home! This is so close to the amphitheater, so we are going to see what entertainers are scheduled there so we may be back to the area sometime in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and benefited from our complimentary shuttle service. I will certainly thank Calvin for doing a great job as well. Thank you for making us your choice while here in Tampa, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is my 6th visit and it's just as good, clean, staff friendly, every single visit. I have never taken the time to write a review and made a commitment to do so this visit. The free breakfast is an added pleasure , with fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, yogurt, muffins etc...something for everyone. Thanks for always being consistent in every way possible. See you next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jagjoanie
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you very much to taking your time to tell us about your stays with us. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoy our hotel and our newly updated Hot Breakfast! We strive to provide excellent guest service each and every time, to each and every guest...and so it is great to hear your experiences have always been consistent, I will thank my staff for doing an excellent job! We are proud to know that we are your hotel choice while in Tampa, and we certainly appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location with free shuttle service to and from Hard Rock Casino and the Fairgrounds. Stayed here for concert at the fairgrounds, shuttle took us both ways. Also went to the casino for dinner, with free shuttle from the hotel. Rooms clean, some staff friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear our location and complimentary shuttle service was convenient for your concert trip to Tampa, I hope you enjoyed the concert! I will certainly thank my staff for upholding our Fairfield Guest Promises, which include...to provide our guests with a neat, clean room and service that will make you want to return. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa!