“Marriott hotels are great”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #56 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just spent the night after a concert. Nice easy to find. Actually the room was awesome I think I had what is considered a suite as there were 3 of us. Great breakfast. Right at intersection of hwy 301 and I-4, but so close to I-4 and I-275, city of Tampa less than 5 miles away. Can't really go wrong with the Marriott chain. I recommend. Oh, no restaurants within walking distance. Mostly in a business park. Bed super comfortable.

Room Tip: Non highway side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient for your night out at a concert and were comfortable in our spacious suites! Our breakfast has been recently updated to meet the needs of our valued guests, like yourself, so it is great to hear you enjoyed our offerings. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just got back from a two day stay at the Fairfield. We went as a family (booked two rooms) and looked specifically for a hotel near the casino as well as relatively close to Busch Gardens. We were not disappointed in this hotel. Yes, it is in a corporate area, so there will be a drive to restaurants, but for us it wasn't a problem since dinners were the only meals we needed to find on our own. The rooms were more than adequate and very clean as was the dining area. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. What made our breakfast most enjoyable was the fresh cut-up fruit. In traveling, I've found you have to give up some amenities to get others. The price of the Fairfield and location was important to us. We also liked that the Fairfield had a 12 noon check out time, free Internet access, shuttle service to Busch Gardens, lots of pillows, large TV screen, and accommodated our need for two rooms together. I'd definitely stay at the Fairfield again. P.S. I'm a side sleeper and found no problem with the bed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review! I am extremely happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, our amenities and most of all our staff! We recently updated our breakfast to include the fresh cut fruit and it is great to hear this made your morning enjoyable. We certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wanted to go to the Seminole hard rock for the weekend but didn't care to pay their pricing. Fairfield is in close proximity and even has a complimentary shuttle. Hotel clean and staff was super friendly....being local I am pleased to announce I will be back for when I decide to lose more money at the casino. Manager Liz??? I think that's her name offered me an extension on my check out....really great hotel...ps no hwy noise at all and my room was on that side of the building

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle, while here for the Casino. Providing a clean, fresh room is one of our Fairfield Inn Guest Promises and I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness. I will thank my staff for doing a great job, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and had one of our best stays. My Room was very clean and Fresh. The Hotel was in remote area but it was so beautifully landscaped and quite peaceful.

I was initially worried about the Highway noise but slept like a baby and never heard one car at night (Alcohol Side Affect..LOL). Also liked how easy it was to get to all the sites around the city we went to using hotel Shuttle bus within 6 miles radius..

The Front Desk hotel Staff is very helpful. Mrs Hind, is an unbeliavale professionall employee . she went above and beyond to answer all my questions and change my room to a convinient one close to the pool..her smile and her accent were adding a charm to her pregnancy ( 24 Weeks so far) We wish her good luck and to see her again next time we visit Tampa, FL.

If you are a gambler Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is very near and modern .

We will definitely stay here again if we get to go back to Tampa, FL ! Sorry Orlando, FL.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate this! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, our clean, fresh rooms and location. I will certainly thank my staff, with a special thank you to Hind, for doing such a great job! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this room through Priceline and had no problem checking in. We checked in about 10 minutes @ 8pm and the desk clerk was very courteous and helpful to other guests giving directions. We had a king non-smoking room. Lots of pillows which we liked and the bed was comfy enough. Very nice sized TV with a good selection of free movie channels (STARZ). Really liked the big bathroom. Lots of counter space, nice clean shower. The only drawback were the thin scratchy towels, what you would expect from a Motel 6, not a Marriott property. Breakfast had a good variety but they ran out of items as it was a busy Sunday morning following a Saturday night. The hostess did her very best to keep everything restocked and we take our hat's off to her! I would recommend this place to other's and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldLiz, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, the rooms and our TV selection. I will also certainly thank my staff for doing a great job, as it is our goal to provide excellent guest service. I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience; however, am glad to know the associate did all they could. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here last month, the hotel itself was nice.. rooms clean etc. The manager on the other hand was atrocious. While standing at the front desk I overheard her degrade one of the employees over a fairly small mistake. Her conduct was unprofessional and verging on bullying. I would never stay here again because of that. She has no place in management.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank deedee165

Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased that you selected the Fairfield Inn and Suites while here in Tampa and am happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms! However, I am deeply sorry to hear of the experience you encountered during your stay. This is by no means standard company practice and I assure you will be addressed internally. I do hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence, as we value each and every guest that stays with us. Exceeding expectations is our #1 priority and I sincerely apologize again that we did not display this during your recent visit with us. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Waited three hours to checkin. Paid using Priceline. System wouldnt let them check me in even though they had reservation from Priceline. Finally was able to after three hours. Owe then they gave my room away while I was waiting. Book with priceline all the time. Never ever had a issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mj_palmbay
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your check in experience with us, I will certainly follow up with my staff. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Tampa, we do appreciate your business.