“Lost at the casino but a huge win at Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #49 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Lost at the casino but a huge win at Fairfield”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wanted to go to the Seminole hard rock for the weekend but didn't care to pay their pricing. Fairfield is in close proximity and even has a complimentary shuttle. Hotel clean and staff was super friendly....being local I am pleased to announce I will be back for when I decide to lose more money at the casino. Manager Liz??? I think that's her name offered me an extension on my check out....really great hotel...ps no hwy noise at all and my room was on that side of the building

• Stayed July 2013
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle, while here for the Casino. Providing a clean, fresh room is one of our Fairfield Inn Guest Promises and I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness. I will thank my staff for doing a great job, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and had one of our best stays. My Room was very clean and Fresh. The Hotel was in remote area but it was so beautifully landscaped and quite peaceful.

I was initially worried about the Highway noise but slept like a baby and never heard one car at night (Alcohol Side Affect..LOL). Also liked how easy it was to get to all the sites around the city we went to using hotel Shuttle bus within 6 miles radius..

The Front Desk hotel Staff is very helpful. Mrs Hind, is an unbeliavale professionall employee . she went above and beyond to answer all my questions and change my room to a convinient one close to the pool..her smile and her accent were adding a charm to her pregnancy ( 24 Weeks so far) We wish her good luck and to see her again next time we visit Tampa, FL.

If you are a gambler Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is very near and modern .

We will definitely stay here again if we get to go back to Tampa, FL ! Sorry Orlando, FL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate this! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, our clean, fresh rooms and location. I will certainly thank my staff, with a special thank you to Hind, for doing such a great job! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this room through Priceline and had no problem checking in. We checked in about 10 minutes @ 8pm and the desk clerk was very courteous and helpful to other guests giving directions. We had a king non-smoking room. Lots of pillows which we liked and the bed was comfy enough. Very nice sized TV with a good selection of free movie channels (STARZ). Really liked the big bathroom. Lots of counter space, nice clean shower. The only drawback were the thin scratchy towels, what you would expect from a Motel 6, not a Marriott property. Breakfast had a good variety but they ran out of items as it was a busy Sunday morning following a Saturday night. The hostess did her very best to keep everything restocked and we take our hat's off to her! I would recommend this place to other's and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldLiz, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, the rooms and our TV selection. I will also certainly thank my staff for doing a great job, as it is our goal to provide excellent guest service. I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience; however, am glad to know the associate did all they could. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here last month, the hotel itself was nice.. rooms clean etc. The manager on the other hand was atrocious. While standing at the front desk I overheard her degrade one of the employees over a fairly small mistake. Her conduct was unprofessional and verging on bullying. I would never stay here again because of that. She has no place in management.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank deedee165
Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased that you selected the Fairfield Inn and Suites while here in Tampa and am happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms! However, I am deeply sorry to hear of the experience you encountered during your stay. This is by no means standard company practice and I assure you will be addressed internally. I do hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence, as we value each and every guest that stays with us. Exceeding expectations is our #1 priority and I sincerely apologize again that we did not display this during your recent visit with us. Thank you again for your feedback.
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Waited three hours to checkin. Paid using Priceline. System wouldnt let them check me in even though they had reservation from Priceline. Finally was able to after three hours. Owe then they gave my room away while I was waiting. Book with priceline all the time. Never ever had a issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mj_palmbay
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your check in experience with us, I will certainly follow up with my staff. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Tampa, we do appreciate your business.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Tried to upgrade to any room that had a better bed and was told that all beds were about the same. Staff was right as second room beds were just as bad. Would never stay there again and would like a refund. Got no sleep due to horribe mattress. Side sleepers beware!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Herty63
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy our hotel beds and were unable to get a good night rest. We do strive to provide excellent service to each and every guest, and respond to any need you might have; I apologize the room we moved you to was also not providing you with a good night rest. We will certainly follow up on our side to try and prevent this in the future. Thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here solo for 2 nights and it was a very nice hotel. The breakfast was good with the exception when I drank a small carton of milk it was bad.....and the cartons expiration date was 2 days after I had it. I'm not sure if it spoiled in the small fridge they use or on route to the hotel.

The king room I had was excellent with many TV channels to choose from. The flat screen TV was very large.

The bathroom was a bit dated and the fan did not work in it. It was no big deal for me but might be for some.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RickToronto_Canada
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found your King room comfortable. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our wide variety of channels! I am sorry, however, to hear about your experience in breakfast and will be sure to follow up on this immediately. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you again.