“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this room through Priceline and had no problem checking in. We checked in about 10 minutes @ 8pm and the desk clerk was very courteous and helpful to other guests giving directions. We had a king non-smoking room. Lots of pillows which we liked and the bed was comfy enough. Very nice sized TV with a good selection of free movie channels (STARZ). Really liked the big bathroom. Lots of counter space, nice clean shower. The only drawback were the thin scratchy towels, what you would expect from a Motel 6, not a Marriott property. Breakfast had a good variety but they ran out of items as it was a busy Sunday morning following a Saturday night. The hostess did her very best to keep everything restocked and we take our hat's off to her! I would recommend this place to other's and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FairfieldLiz, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, the rooms and our TV selection. I will also certainly thank my staff for doing a great job, as it is our goal to provide excellent guest service. I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience; however, am glad to know the associate did all they could. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here last month, the hotel itself was nice.. rooms clean etc. The manager on the other hand was atrocious. While standing at the front desk I overheard her degrade one of the employees over a fairly small mistake. Her conduct was unprofessional and verging on bullying. I would never stay here again because of that. She has no place in management.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank deedee165
Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased that you selected the Fairfield Inn and Suites while here in Tampa and am happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms! However, I am deeply sorry to hear of the experience you encountered during your stay. This is by no means standard company practice and I assure you will be addressed internally. I do hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence, as we value each and every guest that stays with us. Exceeding expectations is our #1 priority and I sincerely apologize again that we did not display this during your recent visit with us. Thank you again for your feedback.
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Waited three hours to checkin. Paid using Priceline. System wouldnt let them check me in even though they had reservation from Priceline. Finally was able to after three hours. Owe then they gave my room away while I was waiting. Book with priceline all the time. Never ever had a issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank mj_palmbay
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your check in experience with us, I will certainly follow up with my staff. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Tampa, we do appreciate your business.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Tried to upgrade to any room that had a better bed and was told that all beds were about the same. Staff was right as second room beds were just as bad. Would never stay there again and would like a refund. Got no sleep due to horribe mattress. Side sleepers beware!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Herty63
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy our hotel beds and were unable to get a good night rest. We do strive to provide excellent service to each and every guest, and respond to any need you might have; I apologize the room we moved you to was also not providing you with a good night rest. We will certainly follow up on our side to try and prevent this in the future. Thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here solo for 2 nights and it was a very nice hotel. The breakfast was good with the exception when I drank a small carton of milk it was bad.....and the cartons expiration date was 2 days after I had it. I'm not sure if it spoiled in the small fridge they use or on route to the hotel.

The king room I had was excellent with many TV channels to choose from. The flat screen TV was very large.

The bathroom was a bit dated and the fan did not work in it. It was no big deal for me but might be for some.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RickToronto_Canada
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found your King room comfortable. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our wide variety of channels! I am sorry, however, to hear about your experience in breakfast and will be sure to follow up on this immediately. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you again.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a cruise out of Tampa. The rooms are nice and clean, the bed comfortable, free breakfast was actually not bad. We used the free shuttle to the casino and the drivers we had were all very friendly and accommodating. They promptly came when we called for a pick up at the casino. Not sure what other reviewers are complaining about. Our experience was good and would wonder what those complaining in other reviews were expecting. The property is right by the freeway and is not a resort destination. What more do you want than a reasonable price, clean and updated room, free shuttle service and a perfectly acceptable breakfast selection? Unfortunately, you can't please everyone! Don't hesitate to book a room here if you want a clean, updated place to sleep and shower.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the freeway side but it did not keep us awake. If you're a light sleepe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SATraveler_11
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and received the excellent guest service we strive to provide each and every day! It is great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service and stay with us prior to your cruise, we hope you had a great time! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!
Randburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my family in December. It seems more geared at the Casino visitors and not a family location. The hotel itself is neat and rooms are average. My disappointment was with the staff and management. They provide a shuttle service downtown and casino. They dropped off my family down town and forgot about us. Numerous phone calls and promises by staff did not materialize. We waited several hours in the cold. There seems to be no night manager on duty (so I was told). The staff therefore seem to spend more time taking care of visitors going to the casino and doing their own thing. I was eventually contacted by the MD after officially complaining at the poor treatment. They offered me a free night but never again at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are average. There is no good views from this hotel except the car park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Travel T
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am glad your room was neat, as it should be. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the shuttle. I completely understand your frustration, as you should not have to wait for several hours. I will make sure to address this with my staff so they can continue to improve. We do hope you will give us another opportunity, should your travels bring you back to Tampa. Thank you again.