“Nice hotel for a visit to Casino”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice hotel for a visit to Casino”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a cruise out of Tampa. The rooms are nice and clean, the bed comfortable, free breakfast was actually not bad. We used the free shuttle to the casino and the drivers we had were all very friendly and accommodating. They promptly came when we called for a pick up at the casino. Not sure what other reviewers are complaining about. Our experience was good and would wonder what those complaining in other reviews were expecting. The property is right by the freeway and is not a resort destination. What more do you want than a reasonable price, clean and updated room, free shuttle service and a perfectly acceptable breakfast selection? Unfortunately, you can't please everyone! Don't hesitate to book a room here if you want a clean, updated place to sleep and shower.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the freeway side but it did not keep us awake. If you're a light sleepe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SATraveler_11
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and received the excellent guest service we strive to provide each and every day! It is great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service and stay with us prior to your cruise, we hope you had a great time! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Randburg
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my family in December. It seems more geared at the Casino visitors and not a family location. The hotel itself is neat and rooms are average. My disappointment was with the staff and management. They provide a shuttle service downtown and casino. They dropped off my family down town and forgot about us. Numerous phone calls and promises by staff did not materialize. We waited several hours in the cold. There seems to be no night manager on duty (so I was told). The staff therefore seem to spend more time taking care of visitors going to the casino and doing their own thing. I was eventually contacted by the MD after officially complaining at the poor treatment. They offered me a free night but never again at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are average. There is no good views from this hotel except the car park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Travel T
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am glad your room was neat, as it should be. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the shuttle. I completely understand your frustration, as you should not have to wait for several hours. I will make sure to address this with my staff so they can continue to improve. We do hope you will give us another opportunity, should your travels bring you back to Tampa. Thank you again.
grand island, ny
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am a Marriott gold member and stayed here for 4 nights last week. I was a tad disappointed. The hotel sits in a corporate park with no restaurants (except McDonalds) within walking distance, so if you don't have a car, keep that in mind. The pool is very small and it was incredibly cold! The fitness room had tvs attached to the equipment, but none of them worked! The bathroom sink had poor pressure, however the shower was ok. The breakfast was ok, but the coffee tasted like hot water with a bit of coffee thrown in for good measure. It's just not the "typical" good experience I expect from a Marriott property. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response about your recent stay with us. I understand there is not much in walking distance; however, we do have a complimentary shuttle service that will take you anywhere in a 6-mile radius, which does include several restaurants, a mall, the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ybor City, etc... I do apologize about the TV's not working in the Fitness Center, next time please let us know so we can fix it right away. Thank you again for your comments, as it is only the feedback of our most valuable guests that we can continue to improve. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tampa!
Pleasantville, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very close to I-4 and the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino along with the State Fairgrounds. It is clean and the staff is very friendly. It is an excellent value. I stay at many Mariott properties and am always looking for the best value as I frequently travel for business. I would stay with my family as it does have a pool and a free continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel! I am happy you found our location convienient, and our hotel valuable! We defiently look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in Tampa!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an excellent pre-cruise hotel. Stayed one night prior to cruise, bed and breakfast rate include free shuttle to cruise terminal. Very comfortable room, free wi-fi and good choice of breakfast items. Not much around the hotel as it is in business park but had take away pizza delivered to room. Lake outside hotel was memorable as it had two alligators swimming in it.
Good value for money, only concern was the staff very over worked, only one on the front desk which made checking in and out slow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! Its great to hear our hotel was accomodating to you and your family for your cruise. I understand the check in process seemed a bit slow due to one person working, but I can assure you this is not all the time. It is only the feedback from our most valuable guests in which we can find ways to improve. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa for another cruise!
Zoutleeuw, Belgium
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We only stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and that was a bummer, because we really enjoyed our stay here. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. We loved our room, which was very spacious, clean and modern. The bed was very comfortabel. The breakfast buffet was ok, but rather limited. The room was more on the pricier side, but we feel that it was overall worth the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response about your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that our staff was welcoming and your room was was clean. This is just what we expect! I understand our Breakfast seemed limited, but starting this month, we will be serving Hot Breakfast! I hope the next to your travels bring you to Tampa you can come check it out!
Grayson
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is fine for an overnight business stay...it is just fair...updates are evident, yet the feel of the hotel remains dated. Overall, I feel this is a good value for what you pay. It has the necessities and is a clean establishment. Convenient access to the interstate, yet local restaurant selections are limited. This is a perfect hotel for those wanting to frequent the casino/fairgrounds which is, I'm sure, the rationale for the property location. The hotel staff is very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: If highway noise is an issue, request a room that is non-highway facing
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you found our property to be clean, and staff to be friendly! This is exactly what I like to hear regarding my staff, and I will definetly pass this along. I understand it seems there isn't much restaurants in the area, but we offer a complimentary shuttle anywhere within a 6-mile radius, which includes tons of restaurants! Thank you again and we hope to see you should your travels bring you back to Tampa!