Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
GreenLeadersGold level
Coppell, Texas
“Adequate.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I don't stay at many Marriott brand hotels, so this review may not be accurate as other reviewers. There was a premature rush on the breakfast bar today/Saturday morning. Many gamblers and holiday people trying to squeeze cereal and milk from the employees working that area at 06:45 a.m. as opposed to waiting until the 07:00 a.m. opening. Stressful for the employees and some guests. Hotel should modify breakfast hours on this basis, say at 06:30 or even at 06:00. Breakfast selection not as generous as Hampton Inn although Hampton Inn was more expensive in Tampa area. My ground-floor room was clean with brightly lit alarm clock. Only coffee in room, no tea. I visited the fitness facility although I didn't use it this morning; the sign reads 24-hour guest access. I tested the elliptical and it works well enough despite that it is not a Precor brand. There are two treadmills and some free weights as well which I may use next week when I return there for a five-night stay. The only restaurants within walking distance are fast food places. The hotel's reception can provide listing of restaurants within driving distance; many within six miles of hotel. Receptionist was friendly. Area seemed reasonably safe. The hotel construction isn't of the highest quality; the walls are a bit thin and thus noises from other rooms are easily audible but the fan can be turned on easily to drown out the noise.

Room Tip: Hotel does not seem to be situated in a noisy area so I'm not certain room location is key for p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kwansaii
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize about the experience you had during Breakfast, however, 7am on Saturday and Sunday is the current standard opening time for Fairfield Inn. We are flexible on extending the hours depending on how busy it is. Also, beginning in April, we will be offering Hot Breakfast. I am glad that to hear that the staff was friendly and accomodated you with a list of restaurants within 6 miles, in which we do have a complimentary shuttle that goes anywhere in that distance. I see you came back for a 5-nights, and we appreciate all of your business! If your travels bring you back to Tampa again, please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I could do to make your stay better. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were here on a gambling junket and thus had no car. Hotel provided transportation not only to the casino, but places within a 6 mile radius. Which means we were able to take in the Tampa Aquarium and lunch at the Columbia, (and gamble at the Hard Rock)
This hotel is clean to the point of being spotless. Our King room proved to be roomy, with a comfortable bed and crisp clean linens. Bathroom was also clean and modern. The hotel greeted us with a little reception upon our arrival. I had heard that the walls were thin from past reviews. We stayed on the 3rd floor near the elevator and I did not hear a thing. Quiet all around. The front desk was friendly and helpful, as was the shuttle driver. Our only problem was waiting for the shuttle at the Colombia. They had taken some people to the mall, and the traffic was terrible and took longer than expected. This was a wonderful property and next time I need a place to stay for a trip to Tampa. I would stay here. :) Also breakfast was nice and with two people working it, there was never a pause in service. Like the waffles too.

Room Tip: We stayed in 314. Quiet and near the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for providing feedback about your recent stay with us! Some of our famous 'Marriott Fairfield Promises' include: Make you feel welcome, Give you a room that is clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards and Give you the service that will make you want to return. I am delighted that our staff truly demonstrated these promises during your stay, as you described.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel the other night based on its previous ratings and location. I was very pleased with its modern decor and it was extremely clean. Minor issue at check in with the wait time but everything else made up for it.

The king room was very clean and bed was extremely comfortable. The decor of the room was inviting and bathroom was clean as well.

The free breakfast the next morning was a welcome addition as well. Fresh waffles, mixed pastries, breads and cereals. Breakfast biscuits, juices, eggs, etc... All tasted great and were well stocked. I would and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay! Im happy to hear you liked our decor and breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again on your next travels to Tampa!
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Hotel is fine except for the thin walls - worst of the Marriotts i have ever stayed at.
Could easily hear the casual conversation of the guests next door.
In my book that is a big problem, wont stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We deeply regret the experience you had with the noise from the guests next to you and offer our sincere apology. We would love for you to come back and stay with us again so we can do our best to assign you in one of our quieter guest rooms away from any disturbance. If this is to occur, please note that if you contact the Front Desk, we will take care of it immediately for you!
Orlando,fl
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Price is good and location was very convenient. The rooms are very clean and pleasant, but i wish I could have made the complimentary breakfast. Check-IN was ok I they only had on clerk at the desk, so I was waiting for quite a while. Overall the time I spent there was fine and would definitely come back .

Room Tip: If you're going by yourself get a single room , but for couples get a suite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that your room was clean and pleasant. However, I do apologize about the wait during check in! It is only the comments from our valued guests that we can continue to improve! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!
biloxi
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel!! Very modern, updated decor! Friendly front desk staff!
Our furry family members were greeted with a doggy treat bag for the stay and were charged a very modest $25 pet fee. If we are in the area again, we will be staying here without a doubt :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response about your recent stay with us! It is truly wonderful to hear that you and your furry family member both enjoyed our hotel. We definetly like to accomodate everyone, including pets! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you during your next travels to Tampa!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The front desk was very friendly and attentive. The facilities are very clean. Breakfast was average and adequate. Only complaint was the thin walls of the room. We could hear everything going on in the room next door. The TV, the couple next door arguing, and the make up following..............at 2 am.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel! I'm sorry to hear about the noise you heard in the next room. The next time you travel to Tampa, please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to assist in making your stay quite and enjoyable! Anytime you hear too much noise, please do inform our Front Desk and we will take care of it right away for you!! It's wonderful to hear that our staff was attentive, and your room was clean! We hope to see you again in the future!!