“Outstanding option to downtown”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #52 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Outstanding option to downtown”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

All of the hotels right near where I wanted to stay in downtown Tampa near 275 and the Veterans Expressway were either all overbooked or cost over 200 / night. This one was only 8 miles from there and was very new and clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful and offered assistance on their own. Room was perfect and bed was very comfortable. I wont worry about trying to stay downtown again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear you received the excellent customer service we strive to provide each and every day! I am glad you enjoyed our new, clean hotel and were able to get a good night sleep! It is great to know this was a convenient location for you!
I will thank my staff for doing such a great job!

Liz Loscalzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The hotel is immaculate Staff is very friendly convenint shuttle to Casino ,Malls Restaurants etc. Shuttle is free within a 5 mile radius which gets you to places listed above. Breakfast is great with a good variety. Highly recommend

Room Tip: Loved being on the 1st floor Suites have more like a fridge & microwave but standard rooms are...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear you received the excellent customer service we strive to provide each and every day! I am also glad we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service and you enjoyed our Expanded Continental Breakfast! I will thank my staff for doing such a great job!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night recently on our way down to Naples. Chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the Hard Rock Casino. Upon arriving, we received a very pleasant and cheerful greeting from the desk clerk. We asked him for directions to the Hard Rock and he told us that the Fair was in progress at the nearby Fairgrounds. That and the fact that this was Presidents Day Holiday, meant that driving and parking near the casino would be very difficult. He offered their free shuttle, which runs every half hour. We did take their free shuttle over and then called the hotel for pickup when we were ready to return. We found the room here to be very clean and the employees to be friendly and helpful. The only downside that I could mention is that the location is not near to many restaurants. We would most certainly stay at this location again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear you received the excellent customer service we strive to provide each and every day! I am also glad we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service and clean, comfortable rooms. I will thank my staff for doing such a great job!

Seven Fields, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice hotel. New contemporary rooms. Right off of the highway. Clean and comforatble. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Thank you again for the feedback!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We frequently stay at Fairfield Inns as we like the Marriott loyalty point program and they are typically a good value. However, this one leaves something to be desired. Like some of the other reviewers pointed out, this Fairfield is just off the highway, which while convenient, does mean that if you get a room facing the highway, you will most definitely hear traffic noise all night. We asked when we checked in to have a room facing the other way and of course, those were all booked. Then the front desk clerk said they had not had any complaints, though, about traffic noise. REALLY? I guess it is pure coincidence then that only the rooms on that side of the hotel were booked. What made it more irritating is that we made our reservations a few weeks back, are Marriott Gold level, and one would expect that they might have held a room on the quiet side. If you do stay here, the only way to mitigate the traffic noise is to keep your thermostat fan on high all night, which helps somewhat. Another issue I have with this property, is that while they provide in the bathrooms shampoo and conditioner (which basically all hotels do) this one did not supply any hand lotion - which is the only toiletry I ever use at a hotel. I would guess we are like most people and are more picky about what shampoo we use than hand lotion. At every other Marriott property I have stayed at, if you ask for hand lotion they provide it to you. At this one they informed me that I could buy it at their "mini-store" for $2.50 for 3 ounces! You have got to be kidding. The proprietor/general manager of this property is clearly cheapening the Fairfield Inn and Marriott brands. Chip, chip, chip away at the little things and then all of a sudden, your loyal guests are no longer loyal. The big things are fine - free parking, a clean room and bathroom - but those things I expect or I would not stay here. As the saying goes, its the little things that ultimately matter.

Room Tip: Ask for a guarantee that you will get a room on the quiet side of the property.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dls515
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your review on February 11th. We deeply regret the experience you had with the location of your room, as well as the lotion, and offer our sincere apology. We do appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and have taken this into consideration for the future. It is only with the feedback of our loyal guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We truly hope you will give us another opportunity if your travels bring you back to the Tampa area.

North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This Marriott property is conveniently located just outside Tampa next to an office park miles from the Tampa fairgrounds. Shuttle services are provided to Hard Rock Casino , the port (for cruisers) and the airport. It is right off I-4 and within minutes of I-75 and downtown Tampa. It is a very quiet location and not walkable distance to dining or entertainment however they have delivery services from over 30 local restaurants . The property is immaculate with modern stylish decor. Check -in and front desk service was friendly, accommodating and professional. King room was quite small but had all of the necessities for a business traveler including 12 foot ceilings. Bedding was cozy and comfortable. The dish network offering on flat screen TV was a definite surprise and welcome at the end of a long travel day. Breakfast is included in your stay. Don't let the location fool you, this is truly an excellent value for the buck and a place that you will enjoy with family (lovely pool on site), on your way to somewhere or a quiet getaway. Diamond in the rough is an understatement!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. It is a great compliment to hear your feeback about your stay and our hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed everything and received the excellent guest service we strive to provide each and every day! I will surely thank my staff for doing a great job! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you need to be near the casion or fairgrounds this is a good bet. Fairfield is always ready to host their guests. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel, cleanliness and staff - I will personally thank everyone for doing a great job! I am glad to hear we are conveniently located to your destination. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!