Rodeway Inn Fairgrounds-Casino
SailportSuites.com
$85
$142
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$165
$159
$188
$160
$429
$254
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here because we wanted something affordable, and near Ybor City....we planned to go out for drinks and were able to cab it home if needed. We've stayed at a few other Motel 6 locations recently, and this was the cleanest and quietest by far. They even had pool, and it looked to be well-maintained, although it was too cold to actually try it out.

I've read some of the other reviews of t his property, and I really don't know what people expect from a hotel of this price. The Ritz?

This hotel is also near the Hard Rock Casino and the Tampa Fairgrounds, so its in a very convenient location for any of these entertainment venues.

There's no restaurant at the hotel, but there is a Waffle House right across the parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Used condom in room and tampon in trash can. Worst visit I have ever had at a Motel 6. I sent comments to corporate and all I got was a "sorry" letter. I have not patronized Motel 6 since the visit.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed December 20, 2010

This was my third stay here. It is located about 1.5 miles from the Florida State Fairgrounds & the 1-800- ASK GARY Concert Stage (noise could be a problem on concert events). The check in with reservations was fast and correct. The room was a basic low budget room - clean & comfortable. The TV reception was fine as was the wake up call. There is a parking area for 18 wheelers who do keep their engines running so this may not be the spot for a light sleeper. The motel is located far enough away from the interstate so that noise should not be a problem. The only food within walking distance of the motel is a Waffle House next door. The food is typical WH quality. There are a few gas station/deli stops about 2 miles away - south on Rt. 301. It is also very close to the HardRock casino. The outdoor pool area was clean (but in December too cold to use). The ice machine was operating as was the coin laundry. Overall I can't complain as the cost was at least $25 less than other motels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MJGoldfarb
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Where to begin? We were in town for business and just wanted a place to stay that was quiet and affordable on a tight budget. I should have known as the front lobby was locked and the clerk seemed like a nice guy was behind what looked like bullet proof glass. The guy checking in in front of me when asked if he wanted smoking or non smoking, he replied non, on second thought I better get smoking just in case. Im thinking just in case what? Well that We will leave the light on for ya slogan, Yeah they left the Red Light on. Noise all night long. Banging, talking, fighting in the parking lot, No sleep for us. I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. I will gladly pay double for a decent hotel next time. Free High speed internet, NOT at all. The pillows sucked the towels were paper thin, the room smelled like a wet horse fart. maybe a great place to stay if your looking for hookers, drug deals, and loud noise all night long.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is the most disgusting crackhouse I have ever stayed in. If it wasn't for the fact that it was midnight and I was dead tired I would have moved on. I brought in my own sheets and blanket from my truck because the room was so digusting looking. Everything inside and out was covered in grime, the room smelled moldy, and there were boogers on the bathroom wall. The only other people that were staying were truckers and drug dealers. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo