“Clean and Safe”

Ranked #141 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Panama city beach
“Clean and Safe”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

For the price, you could not beat it. We just needed a place to lay our head and take a shower. Very convenient to get to the Fairgrounds and the Taxi ride was under $5.00. Our room was clean and the pool area was clean also. Beverly at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kingston, Ont.
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We stopped here just to stay for the night and continue driving the next day. That is more or less the only use this motel has - cause in the surroundings there is nothing worth a visit. Despite some negative reviews, we found our room clean and friendly, the check-in staff was OK too, and at night it was quiet. It lies on a highway but the rooms further away from the road won't notice any particular noise. Forget the pool, this is a Motel 6! It's good for sleeping and nothing else. And for that we paid a great price, just 40 bucks for two double beds. So after all, we were quite pleased with staying here on our way to St. Petersburg.

• Stayed December 2008
NYC
Reviewed December 10, 2008

I recently stayed at this motel for one night (December 8, 2008). I've stayed in some nice Motel 6s in my life, but this one by no means met the standard I've seen set by other ones. My advice to you? Do NOT book this place. There are far too many other options out there in Tampa. Even if you have to pay a little more, believe me, it will be worth it.

When I got in my room, I noticed that the locks on the door felt very unsecure. It almost seems like any pro burglar could have gotten in if he wanted. There was some kind of goo on the curtains (looked like maple syrup). The rugs were absolutely filthy. There were cobwebs in just about every corner of the room. The sink faucet could barely turn on. The worst part of all was the bathroom. When I turned the light on in there, my jaw dropped. The first thing I saw was a giant roach crawling across the floor, which I promptly killed. More cobwebs in the bathroom corners, mold in the tub. Need I say more?

It's in an area that feels very "white trash." A Waffle House is right next door, so that explains the "white trash" vibe. Outside my room at about 2am, someone was blasting rap music. When I inspected the mattress, it had dirty stains on it. I searched for a sign of bed bugs, but I didn't see any, thank GOD.

It was a grotesque motel stay. Don't do it. Do yourself that favor. This is a real review, I'm not looking to trash any company. I'm happy to entertain any direct questions. Just contact me through this site.

• Liked — Functioning wireless Internet
  • Disliked — Disgusting bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Troyboy42
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I live in Tampa, but needed a cheap place that allowed pets after my apartment flooded. Well, Tampa itself is pretty nasty and I've stayed at several Motel 6 locations, so I had an idea what to expect.

No surprises really. Tired worn-out rooms, yucky bathroom, no amenities save for a couple of plastic cups. It had that weird musty Florida motel smell. I would place this on the lower-end of the Motel 6 property chain.

It was also convenient to nothing. I needed a few things and drove almost all the way back to my apartment to find a drug store. There's a Waffle House next door and a truck stop accross the street--so those are your dining choices.

The motel's remoteness was actually sort of nice. It was nothing like the crack-den motels in the Busch Gardens/USF area. Those are down-right frightening. I always feel sorry for those families just trying to take a vacation who end up in dives surrounded by drug dealers and prostitutes. So the fact that this motel was in the middle of nowhere was kind of a blessing, I felt much safer than I would have at one of the Busch Gardens area hotels which were technically closer to my apartment.

It seemed like an okay place for a truck driver to stop off for some sleep or for someone with 2 cats to stay when their apartment flooded.

• Liked — It didn't have that crack motel feel that most Tampa motels have
  • Disliked — A coffee pot and/or a clock radio would have been nice.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I stayed here after a party. Ahem, I had to take a cab and I asked him to pull over at the first hotel he saw. I was thinking a La Quinta, but oh well. It was 4am so who cares. I just needed to sleep it off.

I checked in, and walked over to the fine establishment, Waffle House, got a burger and for some reason elected to take it with me versus eating it there. I gave the Waitress a $20 tip for some reason as I suppose I was making some type of personal declaration of being a great guy. Oh well.

I got to the room, ate my fine meal standing up and then laid down to sleep it off and make it to my nearby car the next morning. Let me tell you this was THE most uncomfortable bed of my life. As severly intoxicated as I was, I could not get over how bad this bed was. You would have thought I would have just passed out, but I tossed and turned for a while.

The next morning, my back hurt more than my head. There were french fries all over the place so I had some difficulty eating the night before obviously. I left a $5 tip for the maid even though I picked up most of the fries.

Oh I paid cash that night but still handed the clerk at the front desk my key and asked her to call a cab. This was like at 11:45. She made the joke that she was under instructions by the manager to charge anyone leaving beyond noon an additional night and how I just beat the cut-off of noon. I said that I had paid cash and that the hotel did not have my credit card. How would they have charged me? She mentioned, with a sneer, I beatt he cuttoff so we did not have to worry.

I seemed to have confuse the young lady so I sat quitely in the lobby awaiting the cab. My back hurt for two days.

Worst hotel ever, I think. I really can't remember too much other than the bed, and the rattling AC unit.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Bowden68
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2007

We arrived to a supposedly fully-booked motel on a Saturday night.

On entering the room we were 'greeted' by a foul smell. It was a smoking room (I had booked an allocated non-smoking room), and it absolutely stank - not just of cigarettes, but a fruity mix of smoke, dog and roach powder!

The person on reception said that they had no alternative rooms and was unwilling to offer any suggestions.

The stench proved too much and I returned to reception expecting a night in the car, but lo and behold there was a free non-smoking room on the top floor!

This one also stank of dogs, but was newly-remodelled so we decided to stay. Unfortunately, soon after getting all our bags inside a roach trotted happily across the wall.

We caught the roach in a plastic cup (photo attached) intending to take it to reception the next morning, but in the end we just wanted to get away from this foul motel.

We told them on reception and they apologised. No offer of a refund. Not what I would have expected from Motel 6.

You shouldn't have roaches in motels, but we know that it sometimes happens.

BUT allowing animals to stay at a motel chain as Motel 6 do, most likely sleeping on the bedding and pillows to be used by new guests the next night is deplorable and should never be permitted. Surely it's against Health Department regulations?!

I don't have a flea problem, but all the bites on my legs the next morning suggest that this motel does.

Motel 6 is going to the dogs!

• Liked — Fleas and Roaches - no seriously, location for Interstate and Fairgrounds is good.
  • Disliked — Dogs in Rooms - Roaches in Room- Fleas in Room - Stench in Rooms
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drag_race_girl
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 26, 2007

We stayed there one night because it was close to the new casino. We did not feel comfortable with the surrounding environment.

• Liked — close to the interstate
  • Disliked — were not comfortable with the area
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple