“Bed Bugs and Prostitutes” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tampa
Park Motel
Ranked #142 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Bed Bugs and Prostitutes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at the Park Motel in a conference with a friend. We paid for 2 nights. We went to bed at 9pm, and for two hours, I was unable to sleep because I was itching so bad. I was afraid I was allergic to the sheets or soap, but when I finally went to the bathroom, I saw I was covered in bug bites. I pulled back my blanket and saw a live bug! I woke up my friend, and we looked some more and found an even bigger one! These were definitely bed bugs. I captured it in a tissue and took it to the man behind the desk. He simply said "Sorry" and gave us a new room. We did not want to stay at this hotel and demanded a refund, but he would not give it to us. We agreed to stay in another room after checking the sheets thoroughly. He refunded our second day the next morning. I saw him go to our original room with a squirt bottle - I don't believe he really solved the problem with whatever he sprayed. Also, while changing rooms, we saw a prostitute exiting a room and she asked us if we knew where she could find work. Her pimp (we assumed) was waiting downstairs. I DO NOT recommend this hotel AT ALL.

Room Tip: We were transferred to room #1 and it was nice.