“A Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
findingmyamerica.com
“A Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I booked my stay at Chase through Hotwire and got an exceptional rate for this three star hotel. The staff was extraordinarily friendly, and my room was comfortable and spotlessly clean, even if a little outdated. These are set up more like apartments than hotel rooms, and I very much enjoyed the full sized kitchen and private balcony. I would suggest bringing your own coffee, though, because they only leave you enough for half a pot -- or you could just ask the clerk for more; they are very accommodating.
The hotel is right next to a Bahama Breeze restaurant and bar, which was a fun place to visit, but coffee hounds like me should be aware that there are no Starbucks in the neighborhood. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was good. I would wish for a bigger bathtub, but at the price I paid I'm not complaining.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We were traveling with a teenager and a 3-year old - and for us a two-bedroom/two-bathroom suite worked out perfectly. The hotel is conveniently located: on the major highway, but far enough from it so you can't hear the noise. Only 20 minutes drive to Clearwater beaches,and about the same to St.Petersburg. Plenty of parking space. They have a shuttle service too, although we didn't need it. The place has a pool and a tennis court. Daily breakfast was included and it was a plus, but have to be there on time. Also, Monday through Friday they have a wine/cheese reception in late afternoon. Front desk/maintenace were very helpful and friendly. We approached the front desk about a minor repair that was needed - and the maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes. However, the place is in need of some interior updating.

• Stayed March 2010
MA
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed there the first day of a trip to Tampa/Orlando. Our flight arrived very late, and we have a small child. This place is nice and close to the airport, but is far enough away not to be an 'airport hotel'. It was a great choice.

The location was great, the Staff was fantastic also. The breakfast was good too. At check in, I even asked if we could check out late the next afternoon. There was no problem with that and no extra charge!!

The condo we had (and they really truly are condos) a loft and two king size beds, two bathrooms, kitchen and fireplace. It was clean. You can tell that this is an older place that needs slight updating. The furniture is older, however all the rugs were new, our condo was freshly redone with granite counter tops, and the beds are brand new. This is why it is rated at a 2.5 star. The pool and hot tub were also great. We did take advantage of them.

On the way home (night before our redeye out) we stayed at the Doubletree down the street which felt like a big corporate business hotel. I would much rather stay at Chase any day over that Doubletree. It just has a very friendly, homey feel with more room to spread out, free breakfast, free wi-fi in the rooms, and a hot tub (doubletree does not have). We will be back. Great place.

Almost forgot to mention, the Bahama Breeze Restaurant is right next door on the water. Great drinks in a tropical atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Cary
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Best hotel experience I've had in a long time. I always use TA to find my lodging and as usual it was accurate. The hotel is a bit dated but makes up for it with a prime location and over the top customer service and value. We're a family of four (kids 19 and 11) and try to get a suite if we are staying anywhere for more than a night. This place with two double beds and a pullout couch, flat screen TV, full kitchen and roomy bathroom offered more that enough room.

The breakfast in the morning was fine and free! The pool certainly looked nice though we didn't use it. There is also tennis and basketball available.

This place seemed to be a hot spot for Yankees fans though there were all types of people -business travelers etc. at breakfast. The commute to George Steinbrenner Field was a breeze-maybe 15 minutes tops.

Loved the location right on the water with a dock out front. There was a BBQ grill for use as well. Can't say it was close to a grocery store but the International Mall was within 10 minutes or so with a ton or restaurants, bars and shopping.

Will go back-wish I was there now.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I stayed here with my husband, daughter and 2 dogs. We stayed in a one bedroom with a loft, which had plenty of room. It was nice our daughter had the whole loft area to hereself, which included a full bath as well as a TV. She had her own space - and we had a bedroom & bathroom to ourselves on the first floor. Also on the first floor was a couch, desk, coffee table, TV and a full kitchen, including dishwasher. There were also dishes, silverware and a few pots and pans. Unfortunately, no pizza pan,pot holders or spatulas/spoons to use with the pots. Also, we didn't have anything to wash them with either.

It was nice that our dogs could stay there and they were fine with us leaving them alone in the room. There was also a large field where we could walk them. Also nice was the free breakfast. Afternoons they had a free happy hour - which included beer, wine and snacks (one day pizza, another day egg rolls, another day cheese and chips).A nice way to end the day.

I do have to agree with other reviewers who complained that the rooms were dark. I think that most of the one bedroom suites would be OK, since they seemed to have a small porch with a slider. Unfortunately, our loft room did not have a deck or slider or any windows that opened. The few tiny windows we had did not let any light or sun in the room. It was dark and depressing in the room. We could have been staying anywhere. We traveled to Florida to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather and unfortunately,this hotel doesn't allow you to enjoy either. They did have a heated pool which was nice. They also had a hot tub, but the jets weren't working.

The staff were all friendly and nice. They definately make the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
NJ
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel was less than a mile away from a hotel in which I was attending a conference. I wanted a kitchen and more room (and this hotel was 1/2 the price of just a room at the conference hotel). I saved more in one night than the rental car cost, and I got the freedom to ride around and see more to boot.

Nice space, I think it might have been built as apartments. So it had a full kitchen (with enough cutlery/plates/pans to function). A nice sitting area, big comfy bed, separate dressing/bath area. Decent continental breakfast. Pretty location along water. Easy access to highways. Fast enough wireless internet (and free).

I'd most definately stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Did a 3 day trip for business training. Company that I was visiting recommended this hotel or Holiday Inn Suites. I was glad I chose this one. Nothing fancy about the hotel but just good, clean value for my stay. I used their shuttle service a lot and it was excellent. Took me to my business spot (4 miles away), shopping, etc...Colleagues that stayed at Holiday Inn did not have such good luck with their shuttle service. Room was a good size, internet was free and worked great. I sat out on their deck by the water and actually saw a dolphin swim by. Very cool. Would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business