“Don't believe the bad reviews”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Don't believe the bad reviews”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here two nights and after reading reviews was holding my breath. To start, when you check in the front office is under construction...kinda scared me...but front desk people were very nice. Went to room we reserved (2 bedroom 2 bath unit) and once again held my breath because stairs were not in the best shape. Opened door to a nice room! One bed and Bathe down with kitchen and other bed and bath up. Just perfect for our situation. Kitchen sink and counters updated but floor is not. But honestly, do you sit, eat or sleep on the kitchen floor? Bathrooms in good condition, sofa a little worn but both beds very nice. The hotel is on a body of water with decks that is very nice for watching the sunrise and DOLPHINS! To those that have complained of moldy smells, this room was just a tad musty but it is on the water in Florida. After living on water in Florida for 20 years I can tell you that goes wi the territory unless something is constantly coated with toxic chemicals. I would stay here again, but would ask for a room on the water. Also, be aware that while they are renovating the breakfast area they are serving breakfast in a meeting room. That means it is a little crowded. One person complained that a large group was making too much noise. Honestly it doesn't take much to make some people unhappy! If you want a quiet breakfast then take your food outside to the deck and eat by yourself by the water...otherwise don't begrudge a large family from enjoying their vacation. Once renovations are complete I would probably give this 4 stars but by then they will probably jack up the prices too much. Until the. Go for it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cherylinflorida
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback! I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our 2 bedroom Suite was perfect for your family! We hope to see you again soon!

Chase Suite Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My company was in town this past weekend and after reading the reviews posted on this site I was terrified that we were going to be checking into a roach motel and were going to have nothing but problems. I was well aware that there was construction going on at the hotel. Luckily I wasn't going to be sleeping in and most of my days would consist of getting up early and coming in late, so that wasn't a worry for me. I didn't think our room was outdated. When I first opened the door to our room there was a little funk smell but it was more air freshener than anything else and it went away after a few times of coming in and out of the room. The office was under construction but the breakfast was relocated. I had nothing but problems from Expedia so when I called Meagan and talked with her she was more than accomodating. The shuttle was fast, and convenient, and would take us anywhere within a 5 mile radius. I have never slept on a more comfortable bed. The hotel staff came and cleaned our room everyday and we had plenty of clean towels and pillows. I would definitely stay here again. The amenities, and staff, were great and for the price we paid I really couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I was glad to hear your experience was such a good one! Thanks for the kind words!

We hope to see you again soon when you are back in the area!

-Chase Suite Hotel Management
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was traveling with a few friend. Only good time I can say is.....it's not the worst that I've ended up checking into BUT I DO NOT recommend....UNLESS, they let you see the room FIRST. It was construction going on so maybe we got the "bad" room. Smelly/bad odor in the room, no maid service (I'm thinking due to language barrier..not sure if any one understood English), sofa was a hazard, bathtud sounded as if it would fall through at any given time. A few nice hotels in the area...wish we would have known.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. However, i was very sad to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations.

I hope that the next time you are in Tampa you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was in town to visit the Laser Spine Institute for 5 nights, and was very satisfied with the service I received from the staff at Chase Suite. The shuttle from the airport, however, only runs until 10pm, and since my flight was delayed, I arrived after that time, and they had no shuttle, so that was a disappointment.
The lobby is under construction - so the complimentary breakfast and social hour is relocated upstairs, not too bad, but the tables are kind of tippy (long plastic banquet tables) so you need to be careful! The food provided was very tastey, and there was a decent variety, but only one day had bagels, and it would have been nice to have that and toast every day! (they had the toasters available) During the weekend, when it was busier, some things were missing, but overall the food was good.
The staff was very helpful providing extra items for me during my stay and the shuttle drivers were very nice and helpful! They will take you to and from the local mall, Walmart or Target, and also the local restaurants, all at no charge.
I would stay here again, hopefully when the rennovations were completed, and I would recommend it to others. Overall, it was a nice place.

Room Tip: Upper rooms may be quieter. I was in unit 10 and it was in a good location. Close to the clubhouse...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank traveler196234
It makes me very happy to hear that your recovery time spent with us was a good experience. We have a long standing relationship with LSI and always look forward to folks visiting us to recover or take care of a recovering loved one! I was also pleased to hear that you found our shuttle service so handy! It's a great benefit for many of our guests that we are happy to offer!

Hope to see you again soon!

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been staying at Chase Suite Hotel in Tampa monthly for almost 2.5 years. One thing is that I have always had a clean room upon arrival and I have stayed in almost every building. The staff has always been cordial and professional. The breakfast is decent as well as the social hour. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but they have had ongoing renovations during maybe the last 1.5 years. I can deal with that - no problem. I've had to walk around stocked wood etc a couple of times, but so what. It has just been a positive experience for me.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water are nice. Balconies..
2 Thank JD S
Thank you for your kind words! It's always so great to hear from our many guests who have stayed with us for years! Thanks for continuing to choose Chase!

Versailles
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The room was clean but dated. I didn't like that I had to carry my luggage up two flights of stairs. Restaurants are close to the hotel and this was very convenient. We liked parking our car while sailing. However, the shuttle service that was to pick us up at the port was extremely slow. We got off the ship at 7:30am waited for shuttle service only to find there were more people than vans. We ended up getting a taxi back to our car at $30 for 4 people and didn't arrive at our car until 9am. So much for the speedy departure off the ship.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you book doesn't involve stairs. Consider plan B when it comes to the shuttle...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sharon B
Thanks for the feedback on our Snooze and Cruise Package. Your feedback is important so that we can continue to improve the experience for all of our guests! I'm positive that you will find the renovations we are doing to be a great benefit for the next time you sail out of the port of Tampa!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Checked in and had booked online for discount pricing. When checked in, front desk was unwelcoming however professional. Room was very worn and had a terrible mold smell. I went back to front desk to request a second room. The front desk was very rude and unprofessional while calling to have another person come show me a second room. The second room smelled just as bad as first and if possible was more worn. For the price, there are better hotels in area! While there, I should mention there was construction going on in a few of the rooms, so????

1 Thank Jerri W
Please accept my apologies for the experience you had on your last stay. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay and in this instance we obviously failed. For that I sincerely apologize.

I hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to make it right.