Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
$229
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$85
$72
All reviewsfull kitchenbahama breezesocial hourbasketball courtrocky pointoatmealfree breakfastheated poolcruise portwithin milesfree shuttleclose to the airportsnoozefireplacebaypanscauseway
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Over the years my wife and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels for both business and pleasure. Some were very good, others were not so good. This Chase Suite Hotel in Tampa was among the worst. At first glance it appears to be a nice property with South Florida style. Close up it is clearly an old hotel in need of major work. Though there was only one person ahead of me at chck in, service was slow. Leaving check in involved exiting a door that required a hard shove with my shoulder to open (Im 6'2" and 200 lbs). I heard several guest complain about it. Our rooom, 517, was 2nd floor back corner of this villa style property. The room was spacious, included a full kitchen and two double beds. The room had a musty odor, given the number of pizza flyers that had been shoved under the door we assumed it had not been used in a while. No real issues until I got in the shower. No hot water. None. After a cold shower I located the hot water heater in a dusty closet just outside the shower room. It was a 30 gallon heater. It was working but seemed to be supplying more than just our room. We discovered this to be the case very early the next morning, plenty of hot water. We were not up early to check the hot water. We were up because we had gotten little sleep. There was only one other room on our floor ánd it was occupied by 4 or 5 young men. About 2:00A.M. they stood outside our door and had a loud conversation. This moved into their room but escalated to a shouting match. I called the front desk and advised the young lady on duty of the problem. I was told she would take care of it. Twenty minutes later she called our room saying " I went and talked to the guys in that room. Have they quited down?" Right! she wants me to believe she waded into a room filled with drunk guys and told them they better be quite. By this time there shouting had turned into a fist fight. The police were called. An hour later three Tampa cops arrived, arrest wrere made.all was now quite. It was 4:15 A.M. Check out the next morning involved waiting 10 minutes for the single desk clerk to get off the phone. The issuecwith this property is that the low rates attract a lot of 19-25 year old clientele. Unlike other properties we have stayed at this hotel does not isolate the young from the mature adults. Placing in a room next to four youths was not a good idea. But then this property seems to like many good ideas. My recommendation is to bulldoze this dive and build a real hotel here

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at Chase Suite Hotel for a few nights in September while I was in Tampa taking a class. The staff was friendly and suite was clean and comfortable. It is obvious that it is not a new hotel and shows some wear on furniture but paint was fresh and bed comfy and having a larger space to study in after class was a real plus - especially since a regular hotel room in most places would have cost me a lot more. I bought my dinner one night at Whole Foods and took it to the hotel to cook in the kitchen - was nice not to have to go back out to eat and let me spend more time studying. The place is very quiet too - an important feature for me anywhere. Best surprise was the breakfast that was included - home cooked and delicious it was a great way to start off the day. The location is good for the west side of Tampa (Hillsborough County) right off the Veterans and easy to get to I-275; being right on Rocky Point your choices of restaurants right on the water is also a real plus: Bahama Breeze, Hulk Hogans new restaurant, Chart House, Rusty Pelican, etc.

Room Tip: These are individual suites and arranged for privacy. Short walk across the parking lot to the office and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Two couples stayed here for 7 days from 23/10/2013.
Our two bedroom suite was spotlessly clean and we had fresh towels everyday. Sheets were changed twice in 7 days. I don't think anyone changes sheets at home more regular than that so this was fully acceptable.
The furniture was a bit shabby chic but nothing horrendous. Could have done with more cooking equipment though, especially a kettle. There were massive beds in the rooms. Lovely.
This is really placed in a really handy spot for travelling to Clearwater, about 20 mins by car. This was one of the most superb beaches I have ever been on with sea like bath water. Other nearby areas we visited were...St Pete's, Tarpon Springs, Sarasota.There is a wonderful Christmas shop on the bridge over to Clearwater.Great fun.
Free breakfasts, newspapers,and internet use. This is a really good budget hotel with really helpful staff.

Room Tip: There is a small shop just outside the main gate on the left which is open until 11:00pm. Very near to Tampa airport.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013

it was okay stay for us.
If you are expecting a hotel with great view and nice breakfast... maybe look for other. but if you have a family and want to spend money on other stuff, this would be a good shot. got kitchen, dishes, freezer.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very accommodating employees. I live in Maui, Hawaii and travel extensively. I needed curvical spinal surgery at the Laser Spinal Institute (LSI) and came across this location (which is about 3 buildings down) on a Hotel search site. I'm used to experiencing all levels of services without too much concern over the cost. Chase Hotel was super accomidationing taking my wife ( my caregiver required by LSI) to the pharmacy and grocery store and other places for various other items once my operation had occurred. So much so that their courtesy driver (Chris?) followed my wife back to the car rental location by the airport since it was obvious to us that they were willing to shuttle us around locally saving us thecost of the rental car. As to other aspects of our stay, great breakfast each morning and a beer/wine manager's happy hour. We never went to the beer/wine ssocial interaction since there is a nice restaurant next door to this hotel by taking a 100 yard walk through a directly connected gate. Housekeepers don't speak english very well but on the second "mime" discussion about extra pillows (becuase of my impending cervical operation) she handed me her housekeeper's radio and- BAM! Another housekeeper showed up with 4 pillows within 30 seconds.
I have one negative issue and it would be that their Wi-Fi was to weak and kept dropping us. A very important amenity to business owners such as ourselves. That needs to be a priority upgrade for the property that can be delt with at a minimal cost.
I have to return this December 2013 for a second and final cervical operation and I'll stay at the Chase Hotel again in hopes that they'll have fixed their wireless Wi-Fi issues put to rest.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Christina P, Director of Sales at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We can't wait to see you in December! Thank you for your review.