“Traveling with children”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #103 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight home. The apt was clean with wonderful beds. Somewhat dated, could use some repairs. Breakfast was OK., warm egg and sausage muffin or make your own waffle.
On the down side. We booked a two bedroom since we were traveling with the grand kids age 8 and 2 years old. The upstairs bedroom only had half a wall looking down on the living area. The head of the bed was situated against this wall. It was a true safety issue with children and a noise issue if someone was trying to sleep with activity in the kitchen or the TV.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Good Afternoon Sharon R! Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I can truly understand your thoughts about the 2 bedroom layout. I will bring this to the attention of our General Manager and see what can be done differently in these suites. Our breakfast menus have changed tremendously! I think if you all visit with us again, you may be pleasantly surprised. Look forward to welcoming you all back soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I recently had the misfortune to stay at Chase Suites. DO NOT be fooled by the decor of the hotel lobby or the online pictures.

Our allotted room was very outdated, and the sofa bed mattress had not been cleaned/replaced since…Adam & Eve were running around in the garden of Eden! Our cleaner (I use that term very loosely) was by far the laziest housekeeper I have ever met. After asking for clean sheets I was informed, “I busy, you go reception and pick up”. …ok, but you can sit outside smoking? No vacuuming, no trash pick-up, no cleaning of mirrors (that were dirty when we arrived), no moping of the bathroom/kitchen floors. In the end I purchased my own cleaning supplies. Yes, I know you get what you pay for, but basic cleanliness for a family of four is not something I should have to fight you for.

Management, let’s be honest, you really do not care if a guest(s) have an enjoyable stay. Yes, your prices are low, yes you offer amenities, but how many times should a guest have to complain about a dirty room? After speaking to a manager and being assured the “Executive Housekeeper” would address the issues raised, nothing was done. To add insult to injury, on the day of checkout we meet Christina Philips “Director of Sales”, how was your stay?” “Horrendous”, “I hate to see anyone unhappy, give me your details and room # and I will get back to you “…..Of course you will!!!!

When you have a family of cockroaches doing the cha-cha over the kitchen floor, strong smell of mold, shower head coming off the wall, cleaners spraying bug repellent like air freshener, and a filthy room, it’s time to LEAVE!!!!!!
There will be some who LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE their stay at Chase Suites, and others like myself who would rather gouge my eyes out, and jump off the roof than stay there again. I pray you have a better experience than we did.

9  Thank Jacquieh41
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Good Afternoon Jacquieh41. Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. It is through comments such as yours that we can review our practices and provide training opportunities for our staff. It is our main priority to make sure your stay is enjoyable and I truly, truly apologize that this was not the case. I would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at ctrenton@chasesuitehotels.com.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here on 8-20-13 after a cruise prior to departing home. Took a cab from cruise port. Hotel provides a shuttle from cruise port at $20 per person it is cheaper to take cab if you have more than two people. Hotel provides free breakfast Buffett that starts at 6am and free airport shuttle also at 6am. The room was nice full kitchen, queen size bed with pull out sofa. The TV is located in a odd spot near the front door wall far from the bed. Also available is a laundry room, combo basketball tennis court area and nice pool. Big plus small market at end of drive way connected to a apartment or hotel complex stays open until 11pm. Also hotel shuttle took us free of charge to local international high end mall great places to eat and shop rate 4 out of 5 stars.

Room Tip: Free breaks fast Buffett and shuttle provided to local area take advantage of it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Good Morning smarttraveler4fun! Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. Our cruise shuttle pricing includes transportation to and from the Port of Tampa. So if you are coming back to the hotel or going to the airport, you are covered! The team and I look forward to having you join us during your future visits on property

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just came back from 3 nights at the Chase Suites. My trip was going to be rushed, so I needed a nice hotel close to the airport. Chase was perfect. It was within 5 minutes from the Tampa Airport and 5 minutes from town shopping, restaurants, etc. It is located in the bay area in proximity to other hotels and dining. The room was clean and comfy and the full kitchen was great. The reason I did not give it a "5" is because I needed to get something to drink when I came back late at night. Because they are literally apartment suites in townhouse like complexes, there are not vending machines, but there is a snack/shop in the lobby. Other than the night I checked in, I was NOT able to purchase anything during the night because the front desk clerk said the shop didn't open until 6:00!!! Are you kidding me.... its a hotel front desk. I should be able to get whatever I want and any time I need to. I thought that was wrong and that the front desk clerk was just being lazy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning celi17! I appreciate you leaving us some feedback. I apologize that the gift shop was not available when you needed to make a purchase. It is a hotel policy that the clubhouse is closed from 11p.m. to 6a.m. I definitely can understand having that late night hankering for a soda or snack. This will be something that we can discuss and come up with a solution. Thank you for bringing it to our attention

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past (2 years ago) and it is a fairly decent place to stay. The suites include a full kitchen, bath, living room/bedroom in one complete section. There are utensils and dishes/glasses available. Ideal for those spending a longer stay in Tampa. The hotel is convenient to downtown, Ybor city, and Clearwater Beach. If one likes to cook while in the area to save on restaurant costs this is an ideal location. Reasonably priced and all amenities, except for a workout center. These units are a little outdated, but the room was clean and everything was clean. I did not notice the construction noise that others have mentioned but I was there on the weekend. The check-in process could be improved as it was very slow to check-in. Too many forms to fill out that could have been filled out online before arriving. There seemed to be two people for check-in but only one was actually checking people in. Eventually the other person came to the desk and asked me if I had a reservation and she got the paperwork started. They do not have bellhop service, concierge, or things that foreign travelers might be used to. The morning breakfast is average for most hotels in this price range. There is no hot food available unless you want to make your own waffle. All in all it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the waterfront side, but I don't know if you can request those specific rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Good Morning LongWeekendTraveler! Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Among the many renovations we are doing around the property, we are changing our fitness center location. This is an ongoing project that will be completed soon. Our breakfast menu has actually changed as of this week. I beleive you may enjoy the new menu items that are offered. Hopefully, you will come stay with us again and get to enjoy all of the changes we are making!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved the staff at this hotel, Ivan, Meagan, Desiree & Olga were great. The room was nice but there was no safe which would have been helpful & when my daughter broke something there was no broom. The bathroom was small & needed work, but the location was good, breakfast daily was a time & money saver and there was good wifi. I was disappointed that we stayed 6 nights & housekeeping never came once so we had to ask for clean towels & t.p I read they came every four days but they forgot about us, maybe they need more staff in that dept. I liked the dock, it was nice having a kitchen and a couch in the room and the place was near some nice restaurants. We liked Hogans nearby its a little tacky but the food is good. If you hate traffic then you must drive across the bridge to Clearwater there's a wonderful mall called Countryside not too far away and a great shopping center not far off the bridge, we loved the easy scenic drive & one morning went to the beach which was beautiful. So we were glad we chose Chase Suits, having a shuttle to take us to the mall, instead of getting lost if we drove ourselves was really appreciated, the room was nice but there was no housekeeping & the property needed work but the staff were super friendly & being a concierge at a resort myself I noticed their cooperation and happy attitudes because I didn't get that in Orlando so to get that at Chase Suits was refreshing. Good customer service is vital to a hotel, you can fix the landscaping, hire more housekeepers, update the bathrooms, but a smiling face that is genuine and helpful and happy will be remembered & we will remember happy Ivan, helpful Meagan and smiling Desiree & Olga.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you have luggage, rent a car & go to Clearwater, appreciate the frien...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning CathyinCayman! Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate the honest feedback because through receiving comments like yours, the team can work together to improve our level and quality of service. I sincerely apologize that your suite did not cleaned during your stay. This is truly NOT typical. I will surely pass along your wonderful comments to the staff, it is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a spontaneous trip just to get away. We came in after a rainy motorcycle ride from Orlando, rode over the Sunshine Skyview Bridge. We were supposed to grab a shower get a quick nap go for dinner then head to Seminole Hard Rock. We ended up asleep until 11pm the bed was so comfortable neither one of us wanted to get up. So we decided to order a pizza. There is always tom! Our microwave did not work. I wish I knew that before I bought some microwave pop corn from the club house. I passed two of my favorite hotels to get here I love Holiday Inn Express and Westin. Which originally made me sad when I drove up. Since I had never heard of this brand. I bought this on hotwire and found some mixed reviews. I would definitely stay here again. I purchased this once I read their was a reception with free cocktails not realizing it would only be mon-thur. (I love free stuff) I would still say it was well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013

Good Morning Ticklemenita! Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. Wow, plans for a great night out on the town taking a backseat to a great comfortable snooze. The beds here can definitely do that! I am sorry that the microwave was not functioning properly during your stay. You certainly would have been able to use our microwave here in the clubhouse. I hope that the team and I will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!