“Outdated, but clean”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past (2 years ago) and it is a fairly decent place to stay. The suites include a full kitchen, bath, living room/bedroom in one complete section. There are utensils and dishes/glasses available. Ideal for those spending a longer stay in Tampa. The hotel is convenient to downtown, Ybor city, and Clearwater Beach. If one likes to cook while in the area to save on restaurant costs this is an ideal location. Reasonably priced and all amenities, except for a workout center. These units are a little outdated, but the room was clean and everything was clean. I did not notice the construction noise that others have mentioned but I was there on the weekend. The check-in process could be improved as it was very slow to check-in. Too many forms to fill out that could have been filled out online before arriving. There seemed to be two people for check-in but only one was actually checking people in. Eventually the other person came to the desk and asked me if I had a reservation and she got the paperwork started. They do not have bellhop service, concierge, or things that foreign travelers might be used to. The morning breakfast is average for most hotels in this price range. There is no hot food available unless you want to make your own waffle. All in all it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the waterfront side, but I don't know if you can request those specific rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Good Morning LongWeekendTraveler! Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Among the many renovations we are doing around the property, we are changing our fitness center location. This is an ongoing project that will be completed soon. Our breakfast menu has actually changed as of this week. I beleive you may enjoy the new menu items that are offered. Hopefully, you will come stay with us again and get to enjoy all of the changes we are making!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved the staff at this hotel, Ivan, Meagan, Desiree & Olga were great. The room was nice but there was no safe which would have been helpful & when my daughter broke something there was no broom. The bathroom was small & needed work, but the location was good, breakfast daily was a time & money saver and there was good wifi. I was disappointed that we stayed 6 nights & housekeeping never came once so we had to ask for clean towels & t.p I read they came every four days but they forgot about us, maybe they need more staff in that dept. I liked the dock, it was nice having a kitchen and a couch in the room and the place was near some nice restaurants. We liked Hogans nearby its a little tacky but the food is good. If you hate traffic then you must drive across the bridge to Clearwater there's a wonderful mall called Countryside not too far away and a great shopping center not far off the bridge, we loved the easy scenic drive & one morning went to the beach which was beautiful. So we were glad we chose Chase Suits, having a shuttle to take us to the mall, instead of getting lost if we drove ourselves was really appreciated, the room was nice but there was no housekeeping & the property needed work but the staff were super friendly & being a concierge at a resort myself I noticed their cooperation and happy attitudes because I didn't get that in Orlando so to get that at Chase Suits was refreshing. Good customer service is vital to a hotel, you can fix the landscaping, hire more housekeepers, update the bathrooms, but a smiling face that is genuine and helpful and happy will be remembered & we will remember happy Ivan, helpful Meagan and smiling Desiree & Olga.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you have luggage, rent a car & go to Clearwater, appreciate the frien...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning CathyinCayman! Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate the honest feedback because through receiving comments like yours, the team can work together to improve our level and quality of service. I sincerely apologize that your suite did not cleaned during your stay. This is truly NOT typical. I will surely pass along your wonderful comments to the staff, it is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a spontaneous trip just to get away. We came in after a rainy motorcycle ride from Orlando, rode over the Sunshine Skyview Bridge. We were supposed to grab a shower get a quick nap go for dinner then head to Seminole Hard Rock. We ended up asleep until 11pm the bed was so comfortable neither one of us wanted to get up. So we decided to order a pizza. There is always tom! Our microwave did not work. I wish I knew that before I bought some microwave pop corn from the club house. I passed two of my favorite hotels to get here I love Holiday Inn Express and Westin. Which originally made me sad when I drove up. Since I had never heard of this brand. I bought this on hotwire and found some mixed reviews. I would definitely stay here again. I purchased this once I read their was a reception with free cocktails not realizing it would only be mon-thur. (I love free stuff) I would still say it was well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013

Good Morning Ticklemenita! Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. Wow, plans for a great night out on the town taking a backseat to a great comfortable snooze. The beds here can definitely do that! I am sorry that the microwave was not functioning properly during your stay. You certainly would have been able to use our microwave here in the clubhouse. I hope that the team and I will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family chose to stay here over Thanksgiving. My mother and I were frightened just by walking to the unit. The unit's exterior was falling apart, had a rotting staircase, and quite honestly looked like a place you'd find someone jump out at you. Upon our entrance, the unit was NOT clean. The appliances were disgusting, out dated by a few decades, and flat out did not work. The first floor bedroom was cramped and musty. The pull out couch did not, in fact, pull out, which left some of us to sleep on the floor. The top floor bedroom was the worst part of the unit. The bed was left in horrid condition, as there were pubic hairs in the bed sheets. The sheets were not replaced by management. Our overall experience with this hotel was poor to unbearable. We could not leave soon enough. I do not recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Good Morning Catie B. Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. It is through comments such as yours that we can review our practices and provide training opportunities for our staff. I know that it has been sometime since your visit here, but we are actually making great strides in updating the look and feel of our property. From building new staircases and balconies to repainting the buildings. I would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at ctrenton@chasesuitehotels.com. The team and I look forward to meeting your expectations during your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Chase was a very nice place and me and my 2 grandchildren enjoyed our 11 day stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was a "plus" everyday and your nightly reception was an added attraction. Glad to recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Good Morning Frances B! Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. I am glad that we were able to welcome you to the Chase family for 11 days you all visited Tampa! The team and I look forward to having you join us during your future visits on property.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am very appreciative of the complimentary one night stay at the Chase Suite Hotel on 9-10 August 2013. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room that me and my daughter stayed in was clean. We thought of swimming, but the pool was small and full of guests. Overall, our accomodation and memory of Chase Suite Hotel was pleasant--I will consider coming back (even if I have to pay). Thank you Chase Suite Hotel!

Nina Bettison
Tampa, Florida

Room Tip: Did not rate restaurant and room service because me and my daughter did not use these services.
1  Thank Heidi B
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Good Morning Heidi B! We truly appreciate the positive review you left about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you and your daughter were pleased with the service that our staff provided. With the high temperatures we have been experiencing this summer, the pool is steadily busy with guests trying to cool off. Hopefully on your next visit, you all will be able to stay a little longer and get to enjoy all the amenities here at the hotel!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here prior to our NCL cruise out of Tampa. they have great shuttle service to/from airport and shopping. part of our stay included a shuttle to/from the cries terminal. After I had booked it, I was worried that I should have booked closer into town, but as we had a rent a car and the shuttle service it was great. even more surprising was the room. We loved it. wish we could have stayed for a week. we had a fireplace and kitchen. next door was a great restaurant. right on the water. not much else around....but a pleasant quit stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Good Morning romrai! Thank you leaving a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time here and that our staff provided you with the service that you deserve. Our Snooze and Cruise package is a great deal in the fact that we get everyone in your room to and from the Port of Tampa. Hopefully next time you all can stay a bit longer! The team and I look forward to having you join us during your future visits on property.