“Perfect place to stay for ton of reasons”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When making the reservations for our upcoming visit to Clearwater I was offered a stay 2 nights get 1 free offer. I was unaware of this online so I was thrilled to take advantage of this offer. Upon arriving to the facility (we had requested early check-in) our room was ready by 11am. The facility offers a continental breakfast (which was fresh every morning) and an evening manager's reception (which was greatly appreciated). The room was extremely clean and fresh daily. They are renovating all of the decking and they have a wonderful dock which actually had morning visits by dolphins (great way to enjoy a morning coffee). The location is so convenient (Bahama Breeze is next door) and close to activities (Bright House Stadium) as well as other restaurants. The staff was friendly and polite. The rooms were big and beds were very comfy. My only recommendation for improvement would be larger tv's that the remote can work from the bed. Other than that - we will be back next year and everytime I come to this area (Spring Training). Thank you

Room Tip: Choose one close to water so you can enjoy the morning dolphin swims
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Good Afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that your visit here to the Tampa area was so enjoyable. During this time, the majority of our guests are in the area for Spring Training. They visit with us every year, so it would be fantastic to welcome you back again next year as well! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Studio Queen was a very nice room. AC worked great. Breakfast and evening manager's reception were very nice, however, there was not enough seating for all to sit during these events! Close to major highways and toll roads by the Tampa international airport, and right off the Courtney Campbell Causeway to the gulf. The bed was a bit softer than preferred but overall a great place to stay.
Other business associates, from my referral, also stayed here. They had a 2 bedroom suite (1 bedroom downstairs, 1 bedroom upstairs loft) but 2 full bathrooms. They also commented on the nice accommodations and enjoyed their stay.

VERY similar to the Residence Inn's by Marriott! Wonder if they are or were part of the Marriott family!?

Room Tip: Waterfront is best, but all rooms are very nice. 2nd floor rooms are preferrably nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ACS33607
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Good Day and Thank you so much for leaving a review about your recent stay with us! Right now being that the hotel is in season, we run into having sold out nights quite often.Our guests love to convene during the breakfast times and social hour, just to conversate and enjoy some great food! That being said sometimes, it can get a tad bit crowded here in the clubhouse. I truly appreciate you spreading the good word to your fellow colleagues about your stay with us. We sure do hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent the night before our cruise at this hotel and left our van here for 5 days. I have mobility problems and did a lot of research on acquiring appropriate rooms. When we checked in we learned they only had 2 queens on the upper level rooms. I was ready to move to the Hampton inn but when called they said they were full although one minute before there were rooms. We took the second floor room very nice large comfortable but I was in for the night. My husband walked next door to Briny Breezes and picked up dinner for us. Our shuttle driver was excellent and the same one for both trips. We wrote a note to his superior to say how professional he was and a great employee. Because of stairs and no elevator. I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: be sure you have a room you can get to comfortably
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and Thank you for providing us some feed back on your recent stay with us! Please let me apologize if we did not have the room that you preferred ready upon your check-in. We do try our best to check our guests into the rooms they like. It really goes far when we receive compliments on our staff, thank you for that!

I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more enjoyable stay some time in the future!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Decent place to serve as a base of operations if you are planning on seeing the sites in the Tampa area. I stayed here with a bunch of guys in the area for a golf trip. The suites are spacious and clean but a little dated. Beds and pillows are comfortable. They have a nice deck down by the bay and a small pool area. Manager's Happy Hours on weekdays are a nice touch. Breakfasts are about average. A little more variety in food choices would be nice but its free. Staff is very friendly and work hard to please. Seems like they are putting some money into upgrading the facility. If I could I would rate it between a 3 and 4

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Christina_AGM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hello and thank you for giving us some feedback on your recent stay. Our location is just a few minutes from the Tampa International Airport, so we are relatively close to many things. As you know, there are several golf courses that you can easily get to from here. You may or may not have noticed that we are in the process of updating our property. So maybe on your next visit, you will see many changes!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked this hotel because of their shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as their shuttle to the piers. Due to a flight delay, we arrived at the airport after shuttle hours (9:30 pm) and had to take a taxi. Upon arrival at the hotel, we found that the shuttle was booked up for the time we wanted to head to the pier and had to wait for a later shuttle. Then to add fuel to the fire, our flight going back home left prior to shuttle service hours so we had to rent a car to get back to the airport. If you're going to provide shuttle service, you need enough shuttles to accomodate everyone and service should be 24/7. The hotel itself is an apartment complex that has been converted. The hotel offered a video library where you can check out DVD's to watch in your room. The problem is there are no DVD players in the room and when I asked the front desk for one, they could not find anyone who spoke english back in housekeeping. An hour later I received a telephone call telling me that they found a DVD player but could not locate any of the cords needed to attach it to the television. I also found shampoo left from the previous guest left in the shower. Makes you wonder if they actually cleaned it prior to my arrival. Personally, I'd look for a hotel that is closer to the piers or provides the services they actually advertise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon! I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you expereinced with our shuttle service. Our property actually has always been a hotel. Before it became a Chase Suites it was a Residence Inn by Marriott. Again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to possibly welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice accommodations,clean,nice dock on water,shuttle picked up at the airport,took us the next day to the cruise port and picked us up post cruise and took us to the airport excellent value!Better than anticipated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Westerners cruising out of Tampa must fly in a day early because flight schedules do not allow us to fly and arrive the same day before the cruise ship departs. So the Snooze and Cruise package from Chase offering airport and cruise port shuttles seemed attractive. The hotel itself is lovely...the rooms light and airy, breakfust buffet above average, etc....but other than a nearby nightclub and a 5-star hotel dining room there is no access for meals other than breakfast, AND the shuttle service is (not ) to die for, but to kill for.
Arriving at the airport and phoning for pickup we were advised of a 30-40 minute wait.....an hour later and no sign of the shuttle we called again and were told to take a cab which the hotel would pay for. Bad, but these things happen. Returning from the cruise, the call for pickup got us the same message....30-40 minute wait. ONE
HOUR AND FIFTY MINUTES and two phone calls LATER their shuttle arrived. This is inexcusable and will cost them any possible future business of mine and any of my cruising friends.