“Great amazing, way beyond expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #108 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Rockford, IL
“Great amazing, way beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I booked the hotel through hotwire and I am so beyond happy with this place. We needed a place to stay before our cruise left. This hotel provided a free shuttle from the hotel, and the driver Brian is amazing. His customer service skill are exceptional. My friend had food poisoning and he was so kind and patient with her. We also had a difficult time finding where to meet him (1st floor where taxis and limos go..just fyi) and he was extremely nice about us holding them up. When we got to the hotel it was a studio apartment. The bed was comfortable, and I slept on the sofa bed and it was not bad for a sofa bed. The room had everything we needed for the night, and I have no complaints. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. If you do not book the cruise package the cost is 20.00 for them to take you to your cruise and pick you up afterwards and take you either to the airport or back to the hotel to get your car. The customer service at this hotel is so above and beyond I would not hesitate to go back even if the hotel was a crappy place, but the hotel is not bad at all the rooms are clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when I cruise and I can not recommend this place enough. The only small minus was where the place is located, you can not walk to a grocery store, gas station, or anything because there are not stores close. The hotel does offer a shuttle to those places and if my friend would not have been sick we would have utilized it. I can not tell you if it cost anything. Thank you Brian for everything!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

A very nice hotel, with lots of amenities including a shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel. The desk staff were very helpful. Great value for the money. Not too far from downtown Tampa. Close to shopping malls. Something for everyone. We would definitely stay there if in the area again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This place is more like a very nice apartment than a hotel. The suite was huge and very clean and tasteful. Water pressure in shower was great. Flat screen TV not placed in a very convenient way to watch TV in bed, but good reception... not a lot of channels though. The bed was quite comfortable and the heat/AC worked perfectly. Wifi signal was strong, and free. The kitchen is huge and complete with stove, large fridge, and dishes. I wish they would provide conditioner as well as shampoo! Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and the free breakfast is excellent. AIrport shuttle runs from 6 am to 10 pm and is efficient and easy. Really great place to stay if you're flying out early from Tampa airport!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank flyermontana
Middleburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Booked this hotel as they offered free parking with the Snoonze and Cruise rate. The hotel is in a great location Bahama Breeze short walk away. Transport to the ship was simple and pick up for return to get car was quick. I would recommend this property for anyone crusing out of Tampa and wanting to arrive the day before. Breakfast was included which was a good value.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor rooms for ease of handling luggage.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank davestuf
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

It was our first time staying and it was a great value. The hotel is not fancy and a little dated but is comfortable and clean. The rooms are a good size. The free breakfast had a lot of variety (Toast, Bagels, Waffels, Cereals, Fruits and a variety of juices.) and was very good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SusieQ1019
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Hello, we just got back off our first cruise and i have many reviews to write. First, i would like to tell you about a little "hidden gem" in Tampa at Rocky pt. Chase Suites Hotel, what a wonderful experience we had at this hotel, i read ALOT of reviews on hotels before deciding on this little gem, HOMEY, HOMEY, HOMEY, just like being in your own little apt.. It always feels really scary going to a strange city and hoping that the choice you have made in your hotel is the right one, we have had some really BAD experiences, but CHASE SUITES was just as the reviews say, so clean and the area felt so safe. Beautiful grounds, free shuttle service within 5 miles, free shuttle from the airport. They have a cruise and snooze pkg. that is a really good deal. This hotel is not fancy and it is older but very well kept, it felt like staying with friends! And i could never say enough great things about Becky the shuttle driver Wonderful,, Wonderful, Wonderful fun lady!!!! Well worth the money!!! Forgot to mention, that the beds were HEAVEN, soooooo comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RABWLH
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I booked my trip through Hotels.com who are contracted by "Chase Suites Hotel" my faimily had to move (switch) rooms 3 times during our stay. When we contacted the hotel manager his position was "there was nothing he could do, because we reserved our room through hotels.com" I needed 2 rooms one with 2 beds, upon arrival I didn't get it; I had to pay for upgrade fee to get the room with two beds. 2. This was the first move; and this room w as ifested with bugs; that was a maintance problem we were told. 3. We moved again, this room had plumbing issues; the water in the shower backed up. I was offered a refund by Chase Suites, or Hotels.com a credit or any type of compensation for the inconvence that my family had to endure" Hotels.com say they are not liable", "Chase Suites say they are not liable" Yet I have to pay a 350.00 hotel bill is this fair? Or should they offer me something for my troubles.

Room Tip: Rooms directly on the water appear to be much nicer than the ones on the main strip
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family