“We loved it here. Best place I ever stayed in Tampa”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“We loved it here. Best place I ever stayed in Tampa”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The price was reasonable but the value for the money can't be matched. Not only were the rooms clean and spacious but it was like a mini-resort with a full kitchen and other amenities. It was like being at home.

Room Tip: If staying with a large party order the suite.
3 Thank hssaved1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I chose the Chase Suites Hotel for a one-night business trip to Tampa because of the advertised "bay front view." Since I was only going to be there for one night I wanted to enjoy looking over the water while I drank my morning coffee. What they didn't say was that the 'view' was about 200 feet of water and the Courtney Campbell Causeway bridge. Alas, no peaceful morning view. That was my first disappointment.

My second was when I called the lobby for a cab that would, reportedly, take 10 to 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I was still waiting for my cab and already late for a dinner function. I asked the front desk manager twice to call me another cab. He kept telling me it was on it's way. Finally I took out my trusty i-Phone, found another cab company and had a cab in less than 10 minutes. I don't know that the cab the hotel ordered ever arrived.

The next disappointment was when I tried to go to sleep. The air conditioning compressor was in a small closet right next to the bed...and the whole bed vibrated, hummed and clanked depending on what the A/C was doing. I would have moved to another hotel if I could have. Finally at 3am I took all the bedding off the bed and made a pallet for myself on the floor on the other side of the room where I was able to grab 5 hours of sleep before my morning meeting.

My next disappointment was the breakfast. What had been billed as a 'full hot breakfast' was actually waffles, danish, and hot wrapped pre-cooked egg and sausage biscuits about two inches in diameter. I grabbed a bowl of fruit, a yogurt and a cup of coffee and headed back to my room to enjoy my 'bay front view.'

I don't travel to Tampa often, but I'll never stay there again.

5 Thank RobinontheRoad
Greenville, TN
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked the snooze and cruise package through the website which promised we would be able to leave our vehicle at the hotel while we were on the cruise and would be provided transportation to and from the ship. I guess what I should've asked is if that transportation would be reliable and quick. After debarking the ship, we were left waiting in the parking garage nearby for an hour and fifteen minutes on the van ride to take us back to the hotel for our car. We were the absolute last cruise passengers still in the parking garage waiting on a shuttle. While waiting, the shuttle manager for a nearby hotel made the remark that the Chase Suite is always the last one to pick up passengers after a cruise and is the only hotel that he can remember that has actually completely forgotten to pick up passengers. After calling the front desk to see where our ride was, we were told there were on the way and would be there in no more than 15 minutes. We were told that on three seperate occassions during the hour and fifteen minute wait. No one apologized for the lengthy wait once we finally made it back to our vehicle at the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a relaxing stay, whether it be for a cruise package such as the one we booked, or otherwise. The hotel was not very clean or well-maintained and the lack of consideration by the hotel staff and management was inexecusable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ACELAND
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed at Chase Suites for a week. Front desk is very helpful, breakfast is very good, more than the regular stuff. Also complimentary drinks on week nights, a bonus! The first room we looked at on the first floor was very musty smelling. Upstairs room was better. It's a bit worn and could use a good cleaning. Cleaning people need to seat on the "john" and look behind the door and in all corners. Dishes were a little dirty. Beds were comfortable. Nice location. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is better.
Fruitland, Iowa
Reviewed June 12, 2011

For all the people complaining about this place, they were expecting Raddison like or 5 star accomodations. These are middle class type appartments that could use some appliance updating. BUT this place is in a great locoation, very central to Tampa, the airports, the beach, Busch Gardens, and other areas. It has granite countertops, newer carpeting, recently gone over interior, flat panel tv's, clean pool, welcoming and prompt staff. It's right on the bay, and in the mornings we were able to see dolphins, stingrays, crabs, fish, birds, and all sorts of sealife. If they could control the dolphins to insure they came around every day that would be awesome. Afterall you are not there for the hotel, you are there for the vacation.

My family was very satisfied with the accomodations, the staff and will be returning.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor by the bay.
2 Thank Mcallisters
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2011

There were bug traps, WITH BUGS under the sinks. The fridge was falling apart. We went to use the grill and there was no propane which clearly ruined our dinner plans and evening. Someone on staff could have easily drove to go buy some more but did not offer to do that. There are people living here which made it feel like we were staying at an apartment, not cool!! There was a fight right outside our room one night, did not make us feel safe at all. The internet was extremely slow. There are no kids channels on the tv but like 6 sports channels. No Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network or anything!! The website pictures are nice but now I know why they show a layout of the room instead of actual pictures of the room.

1 Thank ksophiat
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This place was great for our family trip to Busch Gardens. It was not outdated like one review pointed out. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality flat screen in our room and the comfy hypo-allergenic pillow top bedding. The kitchen was stocked well and it was perfect for saving money and eating at our suite rather than dining out. It was very clean and the location was a great spot on the bay. Very quiet and conveniently located near nicer restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was great as well and included fresh belgian waffles. I booked this room on a site that actually only gave it 2 1/2 stars so I was a bit worried before I got there and am so surprised how UNLIKE a 2 1/2 star rating this place turned out to be. I would absolutely stay here again!

1 Thank cpmcgib